main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series What is your favorite TCW one-off character?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by ImNotAStarWarsFanboy, Mar 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Some one else who liked Master Di? He's one of my favorite one shots as well. He fit my expectation of a Jedi's demeanor and attitude perfectly. The guy was a total hero willing to sacrifice everything just to make sure the Twi'lik's escaped. I wonder if it would have weakened "Supply Lines" had Di lived. He would have been a great, reoccurring Jedi OC.

Krell was a cool character as well, he wasn't complex, just didn't have to be. He existed almost entirely to be as mean as hell to the clones to drive them to dissension because otherwise they'd walk through razor wire content to follow orders. His logic was to survive the slaughter he is sensing in his visions. But he was still a Jedi who had become jaded by the war, disenfranchised with the Jedi order, and a bigot. That's pretty interesting.

Miraj should count. Rewatched the Slave arc last night. What a complex character she is. Its so totally messed up when the Twi'lik slave commits suicide and she has pretty much no reaction. Her belief in the legitimacy of slavery is brutal. Yet she sticks to this belief. She calls into the question the service of the Jedi in the republic. Her death is sad one, pretty much having become a slave to Dooku.

My favorite one shot remains Cut Lawquane. I have a soft spot for dad characters but more than that he is I feel one of the most complex and interesting characters in all of TCW. I love his optimism. He reminds me of ex-soldiers I know personally, even within my own family. He is the real 'not just another number'. He wanted better than to be slaughtered in a war he was created for. So, Cut ran. He loves his adopted family, he proves in the ultimate way how he'd go back to war for them and lay down his life in an instant to protect them by about doing just that. But Cut remains guilty about what he did. He left a big impression on Rex and changed his definition of a good soldier. I'm confident that Rex's speech to Dogma about being a good soldier and thinking for ones self, was really thinking back to his time with Cut.

2. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Di was one of the best Jedi of the series that was created for the show.

Miraj was amazing. She was a fun character but I am dissapointed that it was not noted that she was part of the Separatist Council.

Cut is one of the most interesting clones created for the show.

Seerow likes this.
  3. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    What do you think TCW could have done with Di had he survived and do you think him surviving would have hurt "Supply Lines?"

4. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    I'm not sure what they would have done if he survived, but I do think it would have hurt supply lines if he did. Even though he had limited screen time (and an unfortunate name) I think his last stand was one of the best of the show.

He's definitely on my list of favorites. I wish I had remembered him before my original post. :p

5. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    Could have done? I don't know.

Would have done? They would have put him into the background of every shot on Coruscant and in the Jedi Temple, and perhaps as the occasional non-speaking hologram, doing nothing productive. Then Maul would perhaps kill him off in the opening reel of an episode and nobody would care, since despite many subsequent appearances, he'd still have zero development.

QuangoFett and KenobiSkywalker like this.
  6. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    They could have made him a nice new addition to the cast. It could have happened.

Darth Vader and Seerow like this.
  7. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    This is what I think I'd like to have a little more faith in TCW than them simply not doing anything with him. TCW has done wonders with OCs before. -cough- Satine.

8. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    They have done wonders but they have also FAILED very badly aka Savage or Steela and others.

But I would love more OCs or secondary characters to get the love Satine gets.

9. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Point is I know TCW can create good OCs when they want to. Di himself proves this. They just kill most of them off way to quick. Savage didn't start off all that bad. I thought he was great in the Nightsisters arc. How dark and messed up was that? Then he just became this dude who follows Maul around and growls all the time. I get the monster thing, but come on...

10. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    True. Di is livi...dead proof of that but still.

Now Savage is proof of an OC that got ruined with lack of focus or aim from Lucas and the writers.

11. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Omg... Ima-Gun Di, his death was done so badly, it annoyed me so much because he could have easily jumped out from the circle of Droids and destroyed them all with a force push and a few swings of his lightsaber... He was such a good character and they could have done so much more with him!

12. LordMortis315

LordMortis315 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    I remembered someone asking me why he didn't "Force repulse" them all a la TFU. :oops:

13. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    [face_laugh] Haha, Ima-Gun Di, the only Jedi able to force repulse in the TCW.

14. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    I need to make a new list. Probably with Savage Opress at the top instead of at the bottom. He looks awesome, and I like the whole id-driven thing.

15. LordMortis315

LordMortis315 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    While I wouldn't put him at the top, I do think he's more dimensional than people give him credit for.

QuangoFett and Dark Lord Tarkas like this.
  16. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    TCW has proven that when a Jedi or Zabrak or Clone is surrounded by many B1 and B2 Battle droids - the DROIDS WIN!

17. Jordan1Kenobi

Sep 30, 2012
    We'll see about that, lol :p
    [​IMG]

rumblewagon and Seerow like this.
  18. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    No, he is dead. Thorny is dead. We see all the clones around him die. He is dead.
    Every clone with such a weapons has bitten the dust... ;)

19. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    I liked her as well; she was an interesting character. When they manage to give a sociopath a sad death and make us feel sympathetic about her & her fate you know that they have done the character well.

20. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
  21. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Thorn does look awesome. Maybe this dude will break the cycle with the big guns. There needs to be a cheat to get this guy in GTA5.

22. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Sep 3, 2012
    We will see... Maybe the chain of deaths of chaingun-wielders will end but maybe not. The odds look against him and usually clones that have been promoted before the Season starts, are usually the ones to die off.

1. Chaingun clones dead:

- Hevy
    - Buzz
    - Hardcase

2. Promoted clones dead:

- Colt
    - Keeli

And Thorn falls in both categories.

23. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    Wasn't there a clone in the Geonosis arc with a chaingun that didn't die? (At least not on screen.) :p

24. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    There was another on in "Darkness on Umbara' who had a chaingun and didn't die. Honestly I'm hoping between Gregor and Thorn one of the two can break the habit and not die. How about a heroic save where the guy gets out alive?

KenobiSkywalker likes this.
  25. KenobiSkywalker

Sep 3, 2012
    It would be nice to break the cycle. They don't have to kill off everyone to make it dramatic.

I'm thinking Gregor is the more likely of the two to come out alive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.