main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series What is your favorite TCW one-off character?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by ImNotAStarWarsFanboy, Mar 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan

Dan_Grievous_Tikkes_Fan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Everybody who has a chaingun and is a clone of Jango Fett is on a one-way road to death. Sorry... :p

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  2. Orrelios

Orrelios Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 21, 2005
    I finished rewatching the Zygerria trilogy a couple of days ago and I still found myself liking Agruss, the warden of the Kadavo slave facility. He had a great design (light blueish-gray fur and skin, yellow and purple eyes & big ol' sideburns and a goatee) and for a fat guy in a hoverchair, he really felt threatening & his opening scene defined his sociopathic and cruel personality when he dropped several slaves to their death just to make a point to Obi-Wan. He was definitely one of the best "love to hate" villains on the show, not to mention he got one of the best and most well-deserved fates a TCW villain got. While I like the previous fat Separatist villain Lok Durd, I sort of wish he was played more or less straight like Agruss, who was non-humorous and despicable but yet a pretty cool villain. Did anyone else like him?

Seerow likes this.
  3. rumblewagon

rumblewagon Force Ghost star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Agruss is certainly a well done villain because he's so ruthless and knows exactly how to break people's spirit. He's the type of villain you're glad to see killed off. Miraj is just as ruthless, but she is able to keep from getting her hands dirty by having people like Agruss take care of the less glamorous tasks of running a slave empire.

4. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Agruss also had good voice-acting. But I wonder why he looks so different than other male zygerrians.... is he part of some subspecies?[face_thinking]

5. rumblewagon

Sep 24, 2004
    I think he's just fatter than any of the others.

6. Swashbucklingjedi

Swashbucklingjedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 3, 2010
    Then it seems that obese Zygerrians have fat in their face as well- his face looks so different.

7. rumblewagon

Sep 24, 2004
    [​IMG]

8. Orrelios

Feb 21, 2005
    I'd almost say he looked less humanoid than the rest of the Zygerrians seen, but it must've been because of his coloring together with the fact that he was fat (still, I wouldn't be surprised if there's a subspecies thing going on). I definitely hope we'll see more Agruss-type characters in the future of the show.

9. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    Argruss was cool in that ruthless dirtbag kind away. He didn't really have much going for him besides that. Made it fun to root for his death. Owned by Rex. Miraj largely steals the show for cool baddies in that arc. She is one of the most complex of the series, IMO.

10. KenobiSkywalker

KenobiSkywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 3, 2012
    Agreed. We could certainly use more complexity in the villains (or just the characters in general). They talk about shades of gray in HOBS, yet most of the characters still seem to be pretty black and white..

Valairy Scot and Seerow like this.
  11. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Yeah, its the way TCW handles villains that causes me to compare it to Power Rangers and even that has given villains depth before. =b

12. kenobifan1999

kenobifan1999 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    obviously the best choice.... I agree

13. Orrelios

Feb 21, 2005
    Maybe I'm the only one, but I really liked Rish Loo; the concept of an evil Gungan witch doctor who aligned himself with the Separatists was interesting and really good & underusing the character and needlessly killing him off is probably my least favorite aspect of the episode. He should have left the scene, maybe getting onto a shuttle and taking off, after leading Anakin to the hideout where Dooku was so that he maybe could eventually show up again in another episode as, possibly, the main antagonist.

14. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    I'd like it best if no trace was left of "Shadow Warrior" including its one off characters.

15. Orrelios

Feb 21, 2005
    Well, looks like I'm the only one who enjoyed a couple of things in it, then. Having an evil Gungan was fun and he was probably the best aspect of the episode (which is kinda sad).

16. QuangoFett

QuangoFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2011
    No, you're not the only one. Shadow Warrior is not universally hated by any means.

I also liked the evil Gungan.

17. kenobifan1999

kenobifan1999 Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 3, 2012
    i loved shadow warrior. i give it a 9/10. the evil gungan was great

18. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Rish Loo isn't terrible character per-say, the witch doctor thing was a cool idea. He's just another two dimensional minion type character Dooku stabs in the back. There isn't really anything special or memorable about him, IMO. Besides being exactly an evil Gungan. There are certainly folks out there who enjoyed "Shadow Warrior" and it did have gorgeous animation. Its an example of a single episode that should have been spread to three parts so it wouldn't need to be so rushed. Each of the parts are like mini episodes shoved together so there are alot of things in it are just "Wait, what?" moments. Rish Loo's plan, Grievous's attack on Naboo and capture, then the trade/ rescue of Anakin needed more room to breath.

19. Orrelios

Feb 21, 2005
    That's the problem. They only let him be a two dimensional character and then has him get killed off by Dooku, never letting him get pretty much any developement as a character which to some make him not very memorable or special. To me, however, even though they misused the character, I find him to be quite memorable (and yeah, this should probably have been more than just a standalone episode, which might have let Rish get some time to shine and not make him feel like a kind of a wasted potential character, not to mention it could have been a pretty good arc).

20. Robimus

Robimus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 6, 2007
    Shadow Warrior is the one where the Gungans beat Grievous right? If so I have yet to watch it(along with a few other Season 3 & 4 Episodes).

21. Seerow

Jun 7, 2011
    Yep, that's the episode.

22. LadyTila

LadyTila Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 13, 2010
    I really loved Tera Sinube :)

23. Ziro the Butt

Ziro the Butt Jedi Padawan

Oct 12, 2012
    I would say Sy Snootles but she killed Ziro.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.