main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What is your favorite theme from the saga?

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by kameron b, Sep 9, 2012.

1. Shadow Trooper

Shadow Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2013
    1.Imperial March
    2.Binary Sunset
    3.Boba Fett's motif
    4.Emperor Palpatine's theme

2. Bespin-refugee

Bespin-refugee Jedi Master star 1

Oct 24, 2002
    "Princess Leia's Theme"
    "The Clash of Lightsabers"/"Hypersapce"
    "The Pit of Carkoon/Sail Barge Assault"
    "Duel of the Fates"

3. Lego Thrawn

Lego Thrawn Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 30, 2013
    The Imperial March.

4. CryGoneGin

CryGoneGin Jedi Knight star 1

Aug 28, 2013
    Just because I'm a sucker for more epic-sounding, bombastic music (Jablonsky's Transformers scores are the best thing about those films, really), I've always loved the more overtly mythic and melodramatic themes from Star Wars. These are some of the ones I'm most fond of:

1. Duel of the Fates. Themes like this are so hard to pull off without being Narmy, as lots of times Gregorian-chant-inspired battle themes come across as pretentious and "ooh, look, this battle is the most epic thing in the history of ever!" But John Williams and Hans Zimmer are the absolute masters of this stuff, and Duel of the Fates remains a truly goosebumps-inducing track.

2. Battle of the Heroes. Again, Williams really knows how to properly use not only chanting, but also instruments to create tremendously epic themes. This track was what made the latter half of Vader/Obi-Wan's duel in Sith heart-wrenching (specifically the shot of them on their droid platforms over the lava river, and Vader's giving Kenobi a death glare. The chant in the background of that shot gets me every time).

3. Rise, Lord Vader. It added a lot to the horror of seeing Vader carve up the Separatists while Palpatine created the Empire.

4. Anakin's Betrayal. An absolute masterpiece of emotional manipulation. The crescendos, the lulls, all of it devastating. There were seriously people who once thought scores would detract from the images on screen? Really?

5. Immolation. Another very wrenching bit of music, but not quite at the heights of the previous track. But it added a lot to the scene in the movie, especially as Obi-Wan says, "you were my brother, Anakin. I loved you."

6. Not really a whole track, but the bit of music that plays during the long shot of Yoda and the Emperor rising into the Senate Chamber is very effective.

Yeah, I really have a fondness for the prequel scores. I'll need to post my favorites from the OT another day...

5. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    Let's see...

Duel of the Fates
    Anakin's March on the Temple
    Battle of the Heroes
    Binary Sunset
    The Imperial March
    The Emperor's Theme

6. Jedi Zaven'than

Jedi Zaven'than Jedi Padawan star 1

Sep 12, 2013
    Duel Of the Fates- Possibly the best dueling music I've heard.

The Jedi Temple March- Really conveys the emotion and the fact the Jedi are falling.

The Force Theme- If I had to pick the most spine- tingling SW music it would be this.

Battle of the Heroes- Tragic and moving. Pretty much what CryGoneGin said.

The Imperial March- Need I say more?

And the main theme of course.

7. thebeanpole

thebeanpole Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 11, 2013
    Across the stars. It's just that beautiful. Such a sweeping, moving piece.

Anakin's Betrayal is a close second. Gives me chills every time.

The Imperial March is awesome as well, and I've always had a soft spot for the Trade Federation Theme. Other themes I like include The Force Theme, Boba Fett's Theme, Princess Leia's Theme, and The Jedi Temple March.

8. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Duel of the Fates and Ewok Celebration!

9. fl00dsm0k3

fl00dsm0k3 Jedi Knight

Nov 3, 2012
    1.Anakin vs. Obi-Wan
    2. Battle of the Heroes
    3 The Immolitation Scene
    4 Yoda's Theme
    5 Departure of Boba Fett

10. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
  11. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    My top three soundtracks in the saga are all from the same film.

1. Order 66
    2. Anakin vs. Obi-Wan
    3. Birth of the Twins and Padme's Destiny

The first one shows us just how the Jedi were wiped out and why in ANH, Obi-Wan is the only Jedi left aside from Yoda.

The second is the end of the Jedi, not just Anakin vs. Obi-Wan but also Yoda vs Palpatine, in the ultimate battle of Light against Dark. Winner take all.

And the third is the end of the PT. Darth Vader dons his mask for the first time, surrendering to the darkness while at the same time, Padme dies on the operating table and the last spark of goodness in Anakin almost dies as well. But Padme gives birth to her twins, two sparks of light that are a new hope for the galaxy.

12. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Another one I love, even though it's not from the Saga:

13. SkywalkerSquadron

SkywalkerSquadron Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 2, 2013
    The Imperial March
    The Main title theme
    Across the Stars
    Battle Of the Heroes
    Duel of the Fates