What is your favorite track from Return Of The Jedi (SE)?

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by General Kenobi, Aug 14, 2008.

?

What is your favorite track from Return Of The Jedi (SE)?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
The Pit Of Carkoon/Sail Barge Assault 13 vote(s) 15.5%
The Emperor Arrives/The Death Of Yoda/Obi-Wan's Revelation 9 vote(s) 10.7%
Shuttle Tydirium Approaches Endor 1 vote(s) 1.2%
Emperor's Throne Room 2 vote(s) 2.4%
The Battle Of Endor I 5 vote(s) 6.0%
The Battle Of Endor II 17 vote(s) 20.2%
The Battle Of Endor III 5 vote(s) 6.0%
Leia's News/Light Of The Force 8 vote(s) 9.5%
Victory Celebration/End Title 13 vote(s) 15.5%
Other (please specify) 11 vote(s) 13.1%
Moderators: Darth_Nub
  1. darthhelinith Force Ghost

star 5
    For me, it has to be the throne room. You can feel the pure evil dark side dripping of the strings. Power! Ultimate Power!
    Muwhahhahahahaahahaha[face_devil]
  2. Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus

star 6
    The Battle of Endor II and Victory Celebration.
  3. emilsson Chosen One

star 6
    Light of the Force

It brings tears to my eyes everytime I hear it. I love the way it concludes Vader's life as well as Luke's own journey and the music itself is very powerful.
  4. ZEM Jedi Knight

star 2
    Wow, that is what I was gonna say! :) That track is beautiful. :D
  5. DarthBoba Manager Emeritus

star 9
    Offhand, Return Of The Jedi has maybe my favorite string of big-scene pieces: it starts with Lord Vader Arrives, goes to Sail Barge Assault, then goes straight into The Emperor Arrives/The Death Of Yoda, then Brother & Sister, Father & Son/The Fleet Enters Hyperspace, and THEN we get The Emperor's Throne Room, Into The Trap, The Dark Side Beckons, The Emperor's Death, and THEN Light Of The Force/Victory Celebration.

It's just a rollercoaster with one remarkable piece after another. :D The only real equal, I think, is TESB, and it's a tough pick to say one is really better than the other for me.
  6. ILuvJarJar Force Ghost

star 6
    The Pit Of Carkoon/Sail Barge Assault is one of the greatest Star Wars tracks of all time
  7. Rouge77 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    The Emperor Arrives/The Death Of Yoda/Obi-Wan's Revelation
  8. Cyrax86 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Victory Celebration, the SE one.
  9. CloneUncleOwen Force Ghost

star 4
    The Pit of Carkoon/Sail Barge Assault.
  10. madman007 Force Ghost

star 4
    I feel a Light Of The Force has one of the most haunting cues with the male voices that is the backdrop right after Vader chillingly says, "Sisssster! So, you have a twin sisssster!" And then Luke attacks him with rage. Father and son are battling for the last time together. This piece, to me, sums up the end of the whole series and gives it an epic feeling. As I understand it, this specific track wasn't available when the first edition of the soundtrack was released.
  11. Gamer_4_life Jedi Youngling

star 1

The Battle Of Endor I is my choice?
  12. Gamer_4_life Jedi Youngling

star 1
    The Battle Of Endor I is my choice?:)
  13. netpadawan Force Ghost

star 4
    +1 Battle of Endor I ..... Into the Trap is pure musical gold.
  14. ebamf Jedi Knight

star 1
    Too many good choices. Of course, your poll is incomplete, as "Parade of the Ewoks" and "The Forest Battle" have been left out. I can understand if you want to leave out parade, but "The Forest Battle" is one of the greatest tracks from the entire saga.
  15. AllOutOfHappy Jedi Padawan

"Battle of Endor II" for "The Dark Side Beckons"
  16. General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    I haven't had much from ROTJ in my playlists lately, except last month I had "Faking The Code" (Anthology version of "Shuttle Tydirium Approaches Endor") in the rotation.

I'm thinking "Victory Celebration" might go in the next playlist.
  17. Jedi_Keiran_Halcyon Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I've always been disappointed by "Victory Celebration". It's not a BAD piece of music, but I listen and think, "Why go to all the trouble of re-doing it as an orchestral piece, and STILL make something that has no melodic connection to any of the score in the rest of the series. Star Wars is one of the greatest examples of leitmotif scoring ever, and even the "fixed" grand finale sounds like something out of a different film.

At least "Yub Nub" sounded like the source music from earlier in the film...My "Complete RotJ Score" playlist is the two-disc set minus "Jedi Rocks" and with "Yub Nub" switched in to replace "Victory Celebration". It just has more character.
  18. General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    I've always thought of "Yub Nub" as the finale of ROTJ, and "Victory Celebration" as the finale of the CT/Saga.
  19. Darth_Furio Force Ghost

star 7
    The Throne room theme is great. Sinister I'd say.
  20. HL&S Magistrate Emeritus

star 6

The victory celebration tune would have made a great Republic theme in the prequels.
  21. Chance the Jedi Force Ghost

star 5
    This.
  22. DarthBoba Manager Emeritus

star 9
    That's not Light Of The Force; that's Battle Of Endor II, The Dark Side Beckons. Which is indeedy an awesome piece of music. It's my Iphone ringtone atm.
  23. Idrelle_Miocovani Force Ghost

star 6
    Victory Celebration is my favourite track, I think. There's something so triumphant about it, but a lot more fun than the triumphant fanfare at the end of ANH. :p It's a delightful piece that gives closure to the film and the trilogy. Love it. [face_love] It's my second favourite "ending" piece from the films, my favourite being the sweeping version of Han and Leia's theme from the end of ESB. :)
  24. Nexumaster Force Ghost

star 4
    'Victory Celebration/End Title', followed by 'The Forest Battle', are my favorites of the score; the celebration/end credits mix is great to listen to and 'The Forest Battle' is quite epic in it's ewok-ness.
  25. StarWarsFan786 Jedi Padawan

Superstructure Chase. It's sooooooo good. i can't stop listening to it. Amazing track. Sadly it isn't remastered well on the Special Edition album. If they had just equalized it it would have been great.
Moderators: Darth_Nub