main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What is your favourite Imperial starfighter?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by CrixMakin, Mar 7, 2002.

?

What is your favourite Imperial starfighter?

Poll closed Mar 22, 2012.
  1. Original ANH TIE (Canon)

4.2%
  2. TIE Bomber (Canon)

2.8%
  3. TIE Interceptor (Canon)

26.8%
  4. TIE Advanced X1 (Vader's TIE, Canon)

8.5%
  5. TIE Advanced/Avenger (EU)

7.0%
  6. TIE Defender (EU)

32.4%
  7. TIE Clutch (EU)

2.8%
  8. Republic TIE (EU?)

2.8%
  9. Assault Gunboat (EU)

4.2%
  10. Missile Boat (EU)

8.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alion_Sangre

Alion_Sangre Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    The Tri-Fighter image up there is not the same as the TIE Phantom from RA2. The Phantom had a larger fuselage and a YT-series style cockpit module.

2. tenorjedi

tenorjedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 17, 2000
    The Tie fighter
    Tie bomber
    Tie Interceptor
    Vaders Tie (which is like the advanced)
    and the Lamda Class shuttle are the only imperial ships that actually appeared in the movies.
    thus these are canon. Those that appear in games or lit are EU. They may get direct approval from the man himself, but unless he puts it in the movie it's not canon.

3. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    That is, quite frankly, incorrect. Everything that is not Infinities is canon.

You are probably clinging to the old definition of canon, in which only the movies, screenplays, novelizations and radio dramas are canon. Now everything is canon, but the movies are True (or Absolute) canon.

4. Jedi-Corleone

Jedi-Corleone Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    Don't bring that stuff in here. I agree with you, but others don't, and you're not clogging up Games with that stuff,

5. Bib Fortuna Twi'lek

Bib Fortuna Twi'lek Jedi Youngling star 10

Jul 9, 1999
    I'm only responding to erroneous statements. If they hadn't made them, I wouldn't have responded. It's that simple.

6. Jedi-Corleone

Oct 28, 2001
    It's a judgment case and you know it. Your (and indeed, my) definition of canon is not one shared by all.

You've had this argument all over the JC. This is not the place.

7. CrixMakin

CrixMakin Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 24, 2002
    Actually, that picture up there of the "tri-fighter" or "tie-clutch" as you call it, is actually a "cloak" tie fighter from the game "rebel assault: II" (old PC game). I'm not sure if it's the same model mentioned in the book you mentioned, but that image is definitely from the game...

Nope, thats a pic from Darksaber's website, of the actual downloadable OPT. Notice the Background for both pics? It's the same backdrop. But the ship is certainly similar. The TIE from RebAss2 Has a larger rear quarter (presumably where the cloaking device is) and a different cockpit. Similar wing configuration though, so easily mistaken. Darksaber also has a fighter on his site which was supposedly developed from the TIE Phantom (aka "cloak" TIE fighter).

Like Alion said:

The Tri-Fighter image up there is not the same as the TIE Phantom from RA2. The Phantom had a larger fuselage and a YT-series style cockpit module.

My favorite kind of Imperial Fighter is the kind that I line up in my sights as I squeeze the trigger, then bursts into a orange ball of fire and a billion shards of twisted wreckage and debris.

Take pleasure in killing you rebels should not. An evil, Imperial joy, murder is.

8. DRK_HLMT

DRK_HLMT Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 7, 2001
    TIE Interceptor for speed and good turns. I know the TIE Advance is better but I just like the design of the TI. For sheer firepower, the Assault Gunboat is good when cycling weapons and torps.

9. tenorjedi

Aug 17, 2000
    LOL Bib I'll agree to disagree.

Anyway I like the missle boat. The assualt gun boats too slow and easy to hit. It's terrible for clearing minefields. It's about the same as a Y-Wing in my book; great to have as a wingman but you're as good as dead if you're in one.

10. Mas_Amedda

Mas_Amedda Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 16, 2002
    I liked the Tie Vanguard and Tie Scout from the Star Wars CCG they looked cool :)

11. CrixMakin

Feb 24, 2002
    "The assualt gun boats too slow and easy to hit. It's terrible for clearing minefields. It's about the same as a Y-Wing in my book; great to have as a wingman but you're as good as dead if you're in one."

That's part of the fun, surely? Besides, having ion cannons means you can do the linked ion/laser cannon trick, which is pretty good for stripping shields from pretty much anything.

12. Alion_Sangre

Alion_Sangre Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    And plus even the slow ships can be dangerous if the pilot's good. A good pilot in a Y-wing, Gunboat, or B-wing can just try to hang tough against their opponents and wait until they get a shot to unleash their heavier weapons. I've fought Gunboats in A-wings. Not my preferred form of entertainment. I get locked up by 2 or 3 missiles, which I have to evade because the A-wing's too weak to take the hits. Then you have to drain your guns to jack up your shields, leaving you only with missiles that are probably needed for something more important and will take several seconds of linear flying to get a lock. I'll take on a quartet of TIE Interceptors over a gunboat.

13. Mas_Amedda

Mas_Amedda Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 16, 2002
    I love Y-wings, it really comes down to which you like more, power or speed? I prefer power. I trust my shield'll hold out long enough for me to destroy my attacker rather then relying on speed and agility.

14. CrixMakin

Feb 24, 2002
    I like either slow with powerful weapons, or fast and manouvrable. Not both, like TIE Advanced or Defender. Too much power in one ship.

15. BigBob

BigBob Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 25, 2002
    i always liked the missle boat but the only way it is a challenge to me is if i put tons of capital ships as the enemy but if it is for dogfighting i would have to say defender because shields and the four laser cannons and two ion cannons make me win in every dogfight [face_devil]

16. tenorjedi

Aug 17, 2000
    I love Y-wings, it really comes down to which you like more, power or speed? I prefer power. I trust my shield'll hold out long enough for me to destroy my attacker rather then relying on speed and agility.

Dude try playing XWA on some of the higher difficulties before you say such things. The B-wings alright speedwise but the Ywing is just horrible. You shields won't hold up to a VSD or even most capital ships; and running away till your shields recharge is boring as heck. But to each their own.

17. dinoX

dinoX Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 20, 2002
    [image=http://home.t-online.de/home/mar.wolf/tiesci.gif]

I like the scimitar bomber from the Thrawn series. Its Imperial. :p

Oh yeah, the phantom TIE:

[image=http://home.t-online.de/home/mar.wolf/v38.gif]

they look better on the back of star backgrounds. [face_love]

18. Jedi-Corleone

Oct 28, 2001
    That Phantom TIE is shedding. Time to break out the vacuum cleaner, I'm thinking...

19. arabiansanchez

arabiansanchez Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2001
    Maybe not strictly impreial but I have a soft spot for the infiltrator and the solar sailer is intriguing to say the least.

20. HotsForTahiri77

HotsForTahiri77 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 9, 2002
    Tie Interceptor all the way. I am better in an unshielded ship that is faster than in a shielded ships that is slower. Plus it teaches me to try not to take hits at all and reliying all on skill. Tie Defenders are for n00bs

21. Cradok

Cradok Jedi Master star 1

Mar 25, 2002
    For 'fighter combat, Defender, no question. Fast, furious and tough, it's just brilliant. And, okay, it is munchie, but what's wrong with munchie?

Against capshpis, Missile Boat all the way.

For looks and class, probably the Interceptor. I just love the dagger solar panels.

22. CrixMakin

Feb 24, 2002
    Agree, Hots. IMHHHO, Advanced and Defender are for |\|0085. ;P LOL

23. Rogue-Leader

Rogue-Leader Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2001
    I voted for the TIE Interceptor, because of its cool design and speed.

24. CrixMakin

Feb 24, 2002
    "If I ever get XWA and play somebody head to head online, I'd just like to load up an Xm-1 with Advanced Missiles and flip them all off at the other guy

Incoming Missile!
    Incoming Missile!
    Incoming Missile!
    Incoming Missile!
    Incoming Missile!
    Incoming Missile!
    Incoming Missile!
    Incoming Missile!
    Incoming Missile!
    Inc . . .
    BOOM!

Wonder if I'd get all 40 off before I killed him?"

Having only just finally started playing online, I'd have to say - MISSILES=LAG

25. Senator_Elegos_A-Kla

Senator_Elegos_A-Kla Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 18, 2001
    Out of all know Imperial Fighter (Which I know are too many to list in this poll), I would choose the Skipray Blastboat.

But of this list, I'd choose the Assault Gunboat. Lasers and Ions linked = distressed pilot [face_devil]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.