WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE LIGHTSABER DUEL?

Discussion in 'Victoria, BC' started by DARKSIDE-DAVE, Aug 10, 2004.

?

WHAT IS YOUR FAVOURITE LIGHTSABER DUEL?

Poll closed Mar 25, 2012.
OBI-WAN, QUI-GON & MAUL Ep1 5 vote(s) 29.4%
OBI-WAN vs DOOKU Ep2 1 vote(s) 5.9%
ANAKIN vs DOOKU Ep2 0 vote(s) 0.0%
YODA vs DOOKU Ep2 3 vote(s) 17.6%
OBIWAN vs VADER Ep4 1 vote(s) 5.9%
LUKE vs VADER Ep5 4 vote(s) 23.5%
LUKE vs VADER Ep6 3 vote(s) 17.6%
THEY ARE ALL GOOD! 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DARKSIDE-DAVE Jedi Knight

star 1
    WOW! I guess the majority of the voter's liked the duel between Maul,Obi-wan & Qui-gon that's cool! I guess we will maybe all change our minds after ROTS?!?!

Thanks for voting everyone!
    Dave
  2. Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I voted for Luke vs. Vader, Episode 6. I have a little applause mini statue that I love showing Luke and Vader battling it out with the Emperor sitting in his chair watching them intently... I just love it. My second favorite would be Luke/Vader episode 5, and my third favorite would be Episode 1 Duel of the fates.
  3. lord-darkhelmet Jedi Knight

star 3
    This is a tough call for me, but I voted for Luke vs. Vader in TESB. That one was the first intense sabre battle of the series and was filled with emotion. I also liked the way it was filmed where it started in the dark carbon freezing chamber with the bright lightsabres. Then moved below the chamber and finally out on the platform where Luke is defeated.

The Luke vs. Vader in RotJ also has that emotional feel, and Luke really kicks butt in the end; in fact I always feel a little sorry for Vader when Luke is hacking away at the end of the duel.

Kenobi/Jinn vs. Maul has the best choreography and you can really feel the energy of this fight. But the villain was basically an unknown here and didn't have the emotional feel of the OT duels.

I think the Yoda/Dooku fight has the best "holy moley, I didn't know he could do that!" reaction to it. But it loses something because the "real guy" vs. "cg character" isn't as effective as having two people dueling each other.

Anakin vs. Dooku was effective in showing Anakin's aggressiveness but I think they held something back in this one anticipating what might happen in the next film.

Kenobi vs. Dooku and Kenobi vs. Vader weren't really all that impressive to me although the Dooku battle at least had some energy to it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.