main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT What is your favourite moment of the Prequel Trilogy?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by SkywalkerJedi02, Aug 25, 2014.

1. SkywalkerJedi02

SkywalkerJedi02 Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 3, 2013
    What is your favourite moment or moments of the prequel trilogy? Mine has to be the time where Anakin and Padme tell each other they love them when they are just about to go into the arena and their wedding, I also loved the epic 2on 1 battle with quai-gon ginn & obi won against Darth maul.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. deadly jp

deadly jp Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 27, 2014
    My favourite moment is in ep3 when jar jar binks doesnt speak or do anything finally he doesnt annoy us.
    Also I love the anakin vs obiwan fight on mustafar its the best lightsaber duel in the trilogy.

3. Alienware

Alienware Jedi Master star 3

Apr 19, 2013
    Andy Wylde, gracesonnet and Samnz like this.
  4. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    Anakin vs Obi-Wan.
    Yoda vs Darth Sidious.
    Yoda vs Dooku.
    The whole scene where Sidious dubs Anakin Darth Vader.
    Palpatine's speech to the senate afterwards.
    Qui-Gon & Obi-Wan vs Darth Maul.
    The pod race - yes I really enjoy it.

There are some more but these are what instantly sprang to mind.

5. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Padme's Ruminations is my favorite moment of Star Wars. Perfect little visual poem about the labyrinthine distance between Anakin and all his hopes for inner peace.

6. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    For me it's TPM's opening sequence on the Trade Federation battleship.

7. SkywalkerJedi02

Jul 3, 2013
    Yeah that was emotional

Andy Wylde likes this.
  8. AndyLGR

AndyLGR Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 1, 2014
    Tough choice, but I think mine come from ROTS.

The climax of the battle between Anakin and Dooku, the turmoil and the goading of the Emperor before he kills him.
    The Anakain and Palpatine chat at the theatre.
    Padme as shes standing watching smoke rise from the Jedi Temple, I love the score of that scene too.
    The battles on Kashyyk as the separatists invade from the water.

9. Darth Rycbar

Darth Rycbar Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 1, 2014
  10. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    Yep, all downhill after that! :p

_Sublime_Skywalker_ likes this.
  11. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    I know what you mean. Every second after that it gets worse and worse to the point where the credits of ROTJ are horrifically bad
    That is what you meant, right?

12. solo77

Aug 28, 2002
    I realise you're being facetious but I'll humour you. [face_plain]

Nope this is a PT thread so it's all downhill until the ROTS credits... ;)

SkywalkerOG likes this.
  13. Seagoat

Jan 25, 2013
    Says the one who advises others to view SW the way he seems to objectively claim is superior ;)

Darkslayer and Andy Wylde like this.
  14. solo77

Aug 28, 2002
    Relevance of that to this thread....zero

Seagoat likes this.
  15. Seagoat

Jan 25, 2013
    Just playful banter. Like how I love the banter between Anakin and Obi-Wan in AOTC and ROTS xD

LedReader, Darkslayer and Andy Wylde like this.
  16. kubricklynch

kubricklynch Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 10, 2012
    This might be nostalgia speaking, but the TPM Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon vs Darth Maul duel.

It was really well choreographed and even though there's no dialogue, there was still a genuinely emotional moment. Unlike the duels in AOTC which looked cool, but where it didn't feel like as much was at stake and nothing was really resolved. This was partially because you knew that Anakin, Obi-Wan, and Yoda at the very least were all going to survive.

naw ibo likes this.
  17. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    That. Also Obiwan saying "so uncivilized."

18. Samwise_Skywalker

Samwise_Skywalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2002
    The whole opening to ROTS is a mighty fine high point of the Saga. It hits all the right notes.

19. Patrick E Wing

Patrick E Wing Jedi Youngling

Aug 25, 2014
    The Darth Maul fight, it was just so awesome.

I also liked the Jango Fett vs Obi Wan fight because Boba never really had a chance to show how badass he was.

20. Samnz

Samnz Jedi Grand Master star 3

Sep 4, 2012
    Perhaps the whole ending sequence of Attack Of The Clones.

It's just a beautiful piece of cinema. Starting with the film's final line by Yoda, which wonderfully hightlights that the horrors of war have only begun. The marching clone army heading for war and being obverserved by a determined Palpatine who got his war and a devastated Bail Organa lowering his head in sadness, all accompanied by the an aggressive and pretentious variation of the Imperial March. Then this wonderful cut to a beyond beautiful wedding, depicting two fateful lovers kissing at the end of the day, underlined by the ever-romantic Across The Stars.

There is no better finale to a Star Wars film, imo, and it's my favourite moment of the PT (and probably the Saga as a whole).
    It says melancholically Good Bye to past innocence / peace for good and ends with Anakin and Padmé looking at the sunset, not quite knowing what will follow: a long and dark night.

[​IMG]

21. Cryogenic

Cryogenic Force Ghost star 5

Jul 20, 2005
    Had to "like" this the moment I saw it -- just before reading it.

An exquisite movie-capper.

The music, the cinematography, and just the whole visionary, operatic "sweep" of Clones at the very end ....... it's fabulous, IMO.

An unusual decision was clearly also made at the very end, when the credits roll, to just play the "love" theme for Anakin and Padme after that initial burst of the main theme, and with no reprise of the main theme like normal. In a way, it's probably because no other major musical themes seem to have been developed for the film; yet I don't think that would have stopped Lucas or Williams from pursuing the usual "suite" route (maybe by incorporating Yoda's theme or whatever) and giving the established medley/run-down at the end -- but this wasn't done. A surprising choice that works a treat, I have to say. Lucas wanted to make the second chapter a love story and he did. What's more the "soul" of Star Wars than the music?

As for other favourite moments...

Geeze, Louise. Too many, too many.

Can I just say I've got about at least half-a-dozen "favourite" moments in every chapter (50 chapters per film)?

Oh, hell -- alright. One for each movie for now (picked more or less at random):

TPM
    "I hope you didn't kill anyone I know for it". Great line from Watto, great rapport with Qui-Gon/Neeson.

AOTC
    Anakin and Padme nervously fiddling with stuff with their hands outdoors on Naboo.

ROTS
    The moment Padme drops her head down, flitting her eyes, like she knows what Anakin's going to do -- or that she's afraid she just altered his destiny -- at the end of her bit in the "ruminations" sequence.

Either that or... I just gotta mention this one for some reason right now...

Palpatine's simpering gaze as he gives a final smile to Anakin at the end of his big "why don't you seriously think about joining me?" oration in his office. Crucially, it's on the end of that last line, like a precise musical beat: "Know the power of the Dark Side... the power to save Padme." Such an awesome little moment.

22. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Mine are when Dooku shows the holo of Death Star I linking my boys Lee and Cushings' characters together. I also really enjoy the time that Dooku wipes the floor with Anakin with lightning. Likewise the reveal of Dooku's link to Qui-Gon.

StartCenterEnd and Seagoat like this.
  23. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    The Podrace, the seismic charges, Battle of Geonosis, the opening moment of ROTS, Palpatine declaring his Empire.

TX-20 likes this.
  24. Alexrd

Alexrd Chosen One star 6

Jul 7, 2009
    From a fan point of view:

"Destroy the Sith we must."

The sense of 'last stand', legacy and selfnessness gave me chills when I saw the movie in the theater.

25. SkywalkerJedi02

Jul 3, 2013
    Yeah AOTC had a great ending

Cryogenic likes this.