main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT What is your favourite moment of the Prequel Trilogy?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by SkywalkerJedi02, Aug 25, 2014.

1. Beautiful_Disaster

Beautiful_Disaster Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2005
    Padme telling Anakin about the pregnancy.
    I loved his initial reaction, then how happy he was. "We're not going to worry about anything right now." and how he told her it was the happiest moment of his life.
    Before that moment, everything that I had heard said that Anakin had turned to the Dark Side and left before he knew Padme was pregnant (all of the books written before the prequels stated that). I was very happy that they hadn't gone that way in the movie. For me, it kind of gives a different feeling to the whole father/son relationship of the OT. Because Luke (and Leia) was a child that Anakin knew about from the beginning and wanted. He was genuinely was thrilled about becoming a father, then believing that he had caused his child's death, to finding out that his son was still alive after all. I've always loved the Luke/Vader relationship, and that scene just gave it more meaning for me.[face_love]

2. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Obi-Wan's "I'm so sorry" to Padme with the fantastic music. Iconic moment, and one of my favorites.

3. ewoksimon

ewoksimon Chosen One star 5

Oct 26, 2009
    Yes, this scene is easily the best of the Anakin / Padme relationship beats. There's so much uncertainty and fear injected in what should be a joyful occasion.

4. Cael-Fenton

Cael-Fenton Jedi Master star 3

Jun 22, 2006
    Yes! The music in that scene is possibly my favourite SW music ever.

5. Beautiful_Disaster

Beautiful_Disaster Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2005

I think Anakin's reaction is pretty much spot on for any expectant father. It's quite a shock when you find out you're going to have a child, especially if you weren't planning on it.
    I think it's a very joyful moment and occasion. It takes a few moments to sink in.

6. Jango_Fett21

Jango_Fett21 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    This isn't really a 'favorite moment', but I love the look that passes between Mace Windu and Yoda in TPM after the Council has agreed to test Anakin and Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan have left. It says so much without saying anything, and is a testament to just how 'real' Yoda's character is and was.

7. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Either the Immolation Scene, Plagueis discussion, or the scene where the mask is placed on Vader for the first time.

8. Rachel_In_Red

Rachel_In_Red Jedi Master star 3

May 12, 2013
    #1 - Jinn/Kenobi vs. Maul
    #2 - Yoda vs. Sidious
    #3 - Skywalker vs. Dooku

9. Darth Chuck Norris

Darth Chuck Norris Jedi Master star 4

Sep 13, 2014
    For me, it would be the construction of Vader. With the exception of Vader crying NOOOOOOOOO about Padme

Force Smuggler likes this.
  10. Cryogenic

Cryogenic Force Ghost star 5

Jul 20, 2005
    I'm gonna throw down in this thread again.

How about the speeder chase -- at 400% speed? ;)

whostheBossk likes this.
  11. HevyDevy

HevyDevy Force Ghost star 5

Apr 13, 2011
    lol. It doesn't really lose that much impact. :p

Beautiful_Disaster and Cryogenic like this.
  12. sbk1234

sbk1234 Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 21, 2014
    The immolation scene on Mustafar was incredible. The moment we've waited to see since 1977. One of the greatest.

Andy Wylde likes this.
  13. sbk1234

sbk1234 Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 21, 2014
    In fact, all of these are awesome.

Andy Wylde likes this.
  14. Cael-Fenton

Cael-Fenton Jedi Master star 3

Jun 22, 2006
    Qui-Gon between the laser gates: Looking at Maul, shutting off his lightsaber, kneeling down, closing his eyes, taking a long, deliberate breath. Easily the most 'Jedi' moment in the PT, like the zenith before the Order's spiritual twilight which starts at the end of TPM. Also a kind of mirror to Obi-Wan's much more telegraphic moment of perfect spiritual surrender before he dies: the almost tender glance towards Luke, the little smile for Vader, then the closed-eyes salute (greeting death? the Force?) with his saber.

whostheBossk and Andy Wylde like this.
  15. Darth Eddie

Darth Eddie Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2013
    The scene where Obi-Wan comes out of the laser gate to attack Maul, up until he gets kicked down the shaft.

Ohmygod watch their feet!

Vialco likes this.
  16. The Admiral Snackbar

The Admiral Snackbar Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 3, 2014
    Duel between Obi Wan and Vader for sure

17. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    The moment in the duel between Master Yoda and Darth Sidious as the central platform rises into the main Senate chamber.

18. Rachel_In_Red

Rachel_In_Red Jedi Master star 3

May 12, 2013
    Good one.

19. HevyDevy

HevyDevy Force Ghost star 5

Apr 13, 2011
    Not sure if I've posted on this thread.

As morbid as it sounds, I'm gonna go with Anakin igniting his saber in front of the younglings, I sometimes think I watch the whole movie for that moment.

The music. The eery silence as Anakin walks in without a word, head hung down, coldly set on his task. He stands still, and (to me) it becomes apparent some part of him is missing. The child innocently asking for help, to which Anakin only responds to with his saber. It's depressing, and sums up his turn beautifully.

Andy Wylde and Cael-Fenton like this.
  20. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Skywalker vs kenobi.

21. Prospecting on Subtyrrell

Prospecting on Subtyrrell Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 18, 2014
    There are so many, where do you begin?

Some of my favorites from each film:

TPM - Opening sequence, Duel of Fates
    AOTC - "I am a slow learner", the confession scene at Tattoine, 3PO and R2 at Geonosis "that means I am in charge here!", the Emperors theme when Dooku arrives at Coruscant.
    ROTS - Opening shot with the force theme. Yoda vs Sidious, Anakin in the council chambers waiting for Mace Windu to finish up with Palpatine.

Darkslayer likes this.
  22. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Most of the scenes with Qui Gon n Watto are really good. The actor made the CGI character very believable.

Luukeskywalker and Cael-Fenton like this.
  23. RWTSB

RWTSB Jedi Youngling

Oct 8, 2014
    I really liked how darker the themes are in "Revenge Of The Sith". But my all time favourite scene in the prequels is and always will be "order 66" it was stunningly captivating, but in a very dark manner. The whole composition and the music was really grand. :)

24. Gerdschroder

Gerdschroder Jedi Youngling

Oct 5, 2014
    The last bit of the fight obi wan vs darth maul, the pod race, the geonosis battle, palpatine's talk with Anakin at the opera and Anakin vs Obi Wan.

25. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Yodas scenes were all very well done. As many other great scenes in the PT.