main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT What is your favourite moment of the Prequel Trilogy?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by SkywalkerJedi02, Aug 25, 2014.

1. Master Fisto

Master Fisto Jedi Knight

Jun 10, 2013
    [​IMG]

Everyone has such great answers!
    My favorite moment... Order 66.
    No, I am not some cruel sick human being. But that whole scene was just so powerful.

2. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    It's a powerful scene, the entitled and complacent Jedi Order pays the price for its blindness. They couldn't see the viper that lay in plain sight and they were thrown from their seat of power with lethal force.

3. Ord-Mantell70

Ord-Mantell70 Jedi Master star 3

Mar 9, 2009
    Can't decide actually :

- the Senate arena sequence in TPM, where Valorum is removed from office.

- Anakin/Palpatine scene (Palpy's office) in ROTS, where the later reveals himself as the Sith Lord.

CampOfSorgan and Luukeskywalker like this.
  4. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    One of my favorite aspects of the Prequel trilogy was the storyline of the game Star Wars: Starfighter. It had a better story and character development than either TPM or ATOC.

5. AntilllesRedTwo

AntilllesRedTwo Jedi Youngling

May 4, 2013
    The lightsaber fights & the Order 66 sequence.

CampOfSorgan likes this.
  6. Darth Dookacas

Darth Dookacas Jedi Master star 4

Sep 29, 2014
    The shot before Obi Wan and Anakin fight. Anakin has his back to Obi Wan. You can see the intensity in Anakins eyes as his talks about bringing peace to his new empire. Over his shoulder you can see Obi Wan realizing Anakin is gone.

7. Brainiac 9.0

Brainiac 9.0 Jedi Youngling

Oct 23, 2014
    I loved the Qui-Gon & Obi-Wan vs Darth Maul. The fight choreography is fantastic and the score is perfect for the sequence.

8. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Padme, Anakin and Obi Wan on Mustafar is always a must watch.

Andy Wylde likes this.
  9. Commander Krix

Commander Krix Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 18, 2013
    Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones, The Battle of Geonosis.
    [​IMG]

I always love watching this battle, and that this may be what got me into Star Wars. :p

10. Andy Wylde

Andy Wylde Jedi Master star 4

Jun 26, 2014
    Some of my favorite scenes are from AOTC. The romance scenes. Just the scenery alone is breathtaking! The places where Anakin and Padme have encounters at. The waterfall and grassy field was the ideal place to take a gorgeous girl like Padme. She was always dressed right for each occasion, I think anyway. But I always loved the scene where Qui Gon talks to Anakin on the landing platform before heading back to Naboo. That is the last time we see Qui Gon and Anakin have a teacher to student kind of moment. When they reach Naboo there is too much going on where Anakin can really discuss anything with Qui Gon.

Count Yubnub and Commander Krix like this.
  11. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Well Obi-Wan and Dooku conversing and then fighting. And Obi-Wan on the Krayt Dragon (she's my favorite Star Wars beastie and probably my favorite C.G.I. character.)

Pretty much anything with Ewan and Sir Christopher Lee worked for me...

12. Commander Krix

Mar 18, 2013
    Boga the Varactyl?

[​IMG]

13. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    ^:)^:oops:

Yes, her. Thank you. I always get my beasties mixed up... except for Taun Tauns, Dewbacks and Banthas.

TX-20 and Commander Krix like this.
  14. Commander Krix

Mar 18, 2013
    No problem, I was wondering momentarily like, "Krayt Dragon, Obi-Wan, PT? Then I thought that you must've meant his Varactyl. :p

15. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Yep, thanks for the refresher. She definitely does not sound like a Krayt Dragon.[face_blush]

At any rate, her scene also segued into one of my favorite Obi-Wan moments ("Hello there...")

Commander Krix likes this.
  16. _Sublime_Skywalker_

_Sublime_Skywalker_ Jedi Master star 4

May 8, 2004
    My favourite moment in the PT trilogy is probably the ending of AOTC as a whole. Like another poster said, it shows that **** is about to hit the fan in every way possible.

I also love the Mustafar duel, and when Anakin slaughters the Tusken Raiders, there's no other scene in the PT that shows that much inhumane humanity.

Alienware and Iron_lord like this.
  17. Pax Sithus

Pax Sithus Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 6, 2014
    Maul vs. Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon.
    Special mention to Yoda throwing his lightsaber into a clone trooper and climbing up dying trooper to retrieve it from his chest

Lando Griffin likes this.
  18. Big_Benn_Klingon

Big_Benn_Klingon Jedi Master star 3

Nov 14, 2013
    The Order 66 montage and the Opera scene.

Alienware likes this.
  19. mikeximus

mikeximus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2012
    Hard to pick a favorite. Order 66 ranks up there, the Battle of Geonosis, the final duel between Anakin and Obi Wan, among many others.

The one that stands out though at this particular moment, not calling it my favorite, is the duel between Anakin and Dooku in ROTS. It shows just how powerful Anakin has become, and even more scarier how he has been able to channel the Dark Side so effectively. That's something I think even the most avid and fanatical Star Wars fans miss. Anakin doesn't need some emotional threat (like Luke did in ROTJ), all Dooku says Anakin has to do is tap into that anger, and wham, Anakin does it like the flip of a light switch. Before Dooku knows it, he is on the defense, then on his knees, no hands, and hearing Palpatine order Anakin to kill him.

I think that scene at the beginning of ROTS, not only mirrors certain aspects of Luke's fight in ROTJ, but it shows just how easy it was for Anakin to focus in on the Dark Side.

Andy Wylde, Alienware and Pensivia like this.
  20. Pensivia

Pensivia Force Ghost star 5

Apr 24, 2013
    Interesting observation about that scene, mikeximus.

It is really hard to pick just one moment/scene, because there are several in each PT film that I really love, but for the purposes of this thread I'll say the duel between Anakin and Obi-Wan. Love its lightning-fast choreography and emotional power!

mikeximus likes this.
  21. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    Yoda vs Sidious

[​IMG]

TX-20 likes this.
  22. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    I'm going to go with Anakin vs. Obi-Wan on Mustafar....the whole PT trilogy built to that moment and it really paid off, McGregor is fantastic and even Christensen is at his best.

whostheBossk and wobbits like this.
  23. Grand Master Galen Marek

Grand Master Galen Marek Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 22, 2014
    The lightsaber duels are always anticipated it was all coming together this fight was inevitable great performance both guys.

24. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    There were a couple for me, Dooku and Obi-Wan's conversation on Genosis and the Anakin / Obi-Wan fight on Mustafar.

25. Sab Jo

Sab Jo Jedi Master star 2

Jul 2, 2013
    So many awesome moments and hard to choose.

However one stands out for me: The entire scene with Anakin and Padmes conversation followed by Anakin and Obi Wans conversation, right before THE duel. I just the words in those conversations, coupled with the acting of all three, was a home run. Moving and heart rending. For me, that was Lucas's most shining moment as a writer/director.

Sent from my RM-917_nam_usa_100 using Tapatalk