Social What is your first memory of Star Wars?

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Sep 23, 2012.

Moderators: Skiara
  1. Silas Tri Jedi Knight

star 1
    My first memory was May 1977. It was a hot summer day when my uncle took me to see this weird new sensation called Star Wars. It made such an impression on my 10 year old brain that I had dreams about the film for a week.
  2. AlkalineAmidala Jedi Youngling

First memory was my mom planting me in front of our OOOOOOOLLLLLLLDDDDD TV with a very interestingly rigged up VCR and telling me that I absolutely had to see this and that I would like it.
  3. queenallana Jedi Padawan

My first memory was when I picked up a copy of Destiny's way from a borders store. It was on sale and was super cheap and I can still remember reading about Jacen solo after his capture during the Yuuzhan Vong war after he escaped. That book let me to star wars addiction :)
    morrison85 likes this.
  4. Cem_Fel Force Ghost

star 4
    I was sitting next to my best friend with their parents, popcorn and was promised I would soon see the best movie ever. TESB was shown in TV, the whole family sit in front of the TV.
    I think shortly after that, I was introduced to the EU by said friend :p
  5. -Remi- Force Ghost

star 4
    My first memory of star wars was jabba the hutt.....You would think, why not some more cooler well known character? Don't ask. [face_laugh]
  6. Kweh-chan Force Ghost

star 1
    I was four years old and I wanted to watch a film. I remember my parents looked at each other and my mother asked my father "Do you think she's old enough to watch that?" They returned with a video, which turned out to be Star Wars Episode IV; having been force-fed Disney, and living off of taped Nick Jr. videos sent by my grandmother, and BBC News, it was obviously unlike anything I had ever seen. I asked so many questions.

I think it was at the Cantina scene that I realised my parents had graced me with something truly special. And, as a side note, I remember distinctly that of all the characters in the Cantina, I liked the two Duros (Ellorrs Madak and Chachi DeMaal) best...I supposed I was paving the road for when Episode I and Neimoidians came out, lol.

Now, my parents are both self-described "big" Star Wars fans...to the extent that they love the films, enjoy talking about it, and use it as a part of a master's degree (my mother); however, they had NO idea of the monster they created! It took one dream about C-3PO, and the following morning, I was a fan for life.
    -Remi- likes this.
  7. -Remi- Force Ghost

star 4
    Liked the way you chose to word fan for monster. [face_laugh] And using it as part of a master's degree? Awesome. [face_dancing]
    Last edited by -Remi-, Oct 4, 2012
  8. Kweh-chan Force Ghost

star 1
    LOL, thank you!

Yeah, I thought it was pretty cool! I believe she was writing about mythology in film...or something to that extent. She's an IB teacher now, and actually teaches the films to some of her classes.
  9. RaptorWizard Jedi Youngling

Back in 1999 when I was 5 Phantom Menace came out amd I watched it and dang it was pretty freaking amazing and also that kid Anakin seemed so innocent and immature I literally thought he was 5 just like me though in reality he was 9. Can you believe it? That little squirt was a big 9 year old boy!
Moderators: Skiara