main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Social What is your first memory of Star Wars?

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by Lazy Storm Trooper, Sep 23, 2012.

1. Cypess

Cypess Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 31, 2015
    I am old enough to remember when the original ANH was released in the cinema. I went to the movie after eating at the International House of Pancakes. There was a cinema across the street. We saw the long line of people waiting to buy show tickets and joined in. We managed to get into that showing.It was maybe late May 1977.

The most vivid memory I have is being completely lost in the story. Somewhere around when the trench battle on the Death Star was taking place, I recall looking up and around realizing I had no idea what time it was and did not care. I have never since been so lost in a film that nothing else mattered.

2. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    My first memory was seeing the pre-S.E. version of ANH back in 1995 when I was just 4 years old.

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  3. Evening Star

Evening Star Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 2015
    First memory? R2 and 3PO walking through the desert. It was in the 90s and I was a kid, but not sure how old I was.

4. Jedi Rey X

Jedi Rey X Jedi Youngling star 1

May 27, 2016
    First memory! Maybe my older sister was punishing me with Star Trek so I rebelled and watch Star Wars.

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  5. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    My first memory is that I played Star wars with two friends, they had seen the movies but I don't.
    We played the bad guys, they were Vader and the emperor and I was Boba Fett. :)

6. Darth_Elu

Darth_Elu Chosen One star 7

Jan 2, 2003
    I was very young, 4 at the oldest I believe. Was playing in the living room while my siblings (and I think my Dad was also there…fuzzy on that one) had Star Wars on the television. I want to say it was TESB, but my certainty of that has waned over the years.

7. Seagoat

Seagoat Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 25, 2013
    Nice thread I somehow didn't notice until now

Let's see.... I have many old memories, but.... how do you like that? I can't exactly pinpoint my earliest memory. Likely some time watching I, II, and IV-VI or perhaps playing some of the video games. I have fond memories of playing Battle for Naboo (at which I was horrible) and Kotor (at which I was much of the same)

8. Talos of Atmora

Talos of Atmora Force Ghost star 5

Jul 3, 2016
    Well, my introduction was about as classic as it gets (which is surprising considering my age). I started watching the VHS copies of the original trilogy that my parents owned when I was about 5. I kept watching those films including the copies my parents had of Episodes 1 and 2. I watched Episode 3 in theaters in 2005 when I was 7. I'm still surprised that I went in order. A short while after as I became more of an active reader, I was gifted the Thrawn Trilogy by my cousin on Christmas the same year and the rest is history.

9. Rogue Eclipse

Rogue Eclipse Jedi Youngling

Jul 3, 2016
    My first introduction was kids making paper lightsabers in first grade. I asked my dad what a lightsaber was, and he talked to my uncle, who gave me his '80s VHS box set of the OOT, and a set of the prequels on DVD. That was everything that I had growing up, and considering I grew up after the special editions, I think I'm pretty lucky.

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  10. Lukers

Lukers Jedi Master star 1

Jun 16, 2016
    The Phantom Menace was the first movie I had ever seen in the movie theaters, at three and a half or four years old. And my birthday was going on that summer, so the week before my birthday they bought the Special Edition VHS tapes, and then bought me a huge collection of Star Wars figures on the birthdate. Been a loving fan ever since.

11. queen of the jackalopes

queen of the jackalopes Jedi Master star 1

Jul 8, 2016
    Unfortunately my first memory of Star Wars was Jar Jar Binks from the Phantom Menace. I watched it when it was released onto video when I was 6 years old.

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  12. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    Although I didn't know what it was based on at the time my first experience with Star Wars was the Star Tours ride at Disneyland Paris. I really enjoyed the ride though and went on it several times. A few years later I watched Episode 1 on the tv and have loved Star Wars ever since.

DarthIshyZ and Dark Lord Tarkas like this.
  13. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    What it is, my good brother?

14. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    mid 1990's I saw "STAR WARS" in Woolworths on a VHS stand

me: what's that?

my Mum: you wouldn't be interested in that

:p

DarthIshyZ, Nanaki and Skiara like this.
  15. Zurros Ka

Zurros Ka Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 26, 2015
    My very fist memory was catching the end of AOTC on sky movies when i was in my teens. I got confused and asked my step-dad why the guys in white (sorry everyone) were the good guys as I was sure they were the villains. A very long talk came after. It took me a few more years before I really 'found' Star Wars through a friend. We preceeded to watch all films/spin-offs/parodies in one glorious weekend :D

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  16. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Dad used to take me to the public library once a week to cycle through the pre-remaster VHS release of the OT. Illegally copied RotJ and the final scene with all the Force Ghosts got cut off so it became my holy grail visual emotional response in EVERY sense!

DarthIshyZ and Grievousdude like this.
  17. SmallTatooineSun

SmallTatooineSun Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 16, 2016
    My first memory was going to see one ESB in the theatre. I brought my Princess Leia bubble bath figurine with me. It was barbie sized and the head screwed off to pour out the bubble bath. Not sure why I brought it with me. Ha. My Mom bought me a Darth Vader t-shirt shortly after that.

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  18. trekchu

trekchu Jedi Youngling

Jul 21, 2016
    Watching ANH on TV, 1992ish.

19. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Mine was watching ROTJ on TV. I can only remember a few things about that viewing. For some reason, only 2 scenes stuck out to me, the scene where Luke tells Leia that she is his sister, and the force ghost scene.

20. Red Six

Red Six Jedi Youngling

Jul 18, 2016
    I'm also one of those who saw Episode IV when it first came out. I remember pestering my dad to take me, and then when he finally took me to the cinema, a guy on a ladder outside had just taken down the letters for Star Wars (they placed letters on a kind of rail in those days to say what films were on) and was just putting up the letter 'M' for the film The Swarm. I was so upset! We ended up driving around to find a place that was still showing it, and I finally saw it later that day for the first time. Needless to say, the combination of relief mixed with the sheer spectacle to a very young kid was life changing :)

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  21. srg

srg Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 26, 2016
    I must have been 5 when I got into Star Wars (born in 93)... I can't figure out the chronology of my first memories. Unfortunately I don't remember watching OT for the first time at all. One of the earliest images I can recall is that 1997 gold VHS box set on shelf in a store. I had a buch of Power of the Force figures, some colouring books etc. so I had already been a fan by the time TPM came out. My parents bought it for me on VHS and I loved it - still have the tape. I remember drawing the Maul duel in kindergarten. The teacher wanted to troll me and drew some silly patterns on Jedi tunics (said they were skirts) - I got mad.:p

22. Darth Rozic

Darth Rozic Jedi Master star 3

Dec 27, 2015
    I can't remember how old I was but my auntie gave me the OT on VHS. It took years for me to watch it though (I started loving it after my cousin told me to watch it). I watched the ESB because Vader was on the cover and he looked the coolest.:):vader:

23. Thoria

Thoria Jedi Youngling

Jul 20, 2016
    Long long time ago when I was like 9 years old from and old VHS. My mum rented the OT and made me watch it. After 30min of NH I was hooked. :)

24. Carlandrea

Carlandrea Jedi Master star 3

May 1, 2016
    Being confused as my parents explained that we would watch 4 first

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  25. Martoto77

Martoto77 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 6, 2016
    My earliest memory of Star Wars was in black and white! Our colour TV had gone up in a blue flame and while my mother was expecting with my younger brother ,we couldn't afford to be buying a new one at that time. So the old b&w set (with a dial for tuning, no buttons!) got dusted off and pressed into service. It must have been only the second time it had been shown on Uk tv and I remember the constant previews for its broadcast at the time. The parts of the movie that stuck out for me were definitely the trash compactor, Vader and Ben and the escape from the Death Star.I actually remember the Death Star battle being quite confusing to me. Vader spinning off out of control made me laugh though. I was four years old at the time.

DarthIshyZ likes this.