main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion What is your greatest fear about Episode VII?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Ponda_Baba, Jun 30, 2013.

1. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Wrong thread, guys. You want this one http://boards.theforce.net/threads/...ope-about-episode-vii.50013397/#post-50836684 :)

2. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    This. If I listened to critics, I never would have seen John Carter of Mars twice. Yeah, I liked it that much. Got a problem with that?

FRAGWAGON and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  3. Dr. Chaos

Dr. Chaos Jedi Padawan star 1

May 19, 2013
    That pretty much.

VMeran and DarthBreezy like this.
  4. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Yes! Yes!! To NoChesterHester you listen!!!

I hated that scene in Into Darkness-such blatant, unnecessary fan-service, just so people could point at the screen and say "Awezome! Just like wrath of Khan!!"

I just shook my head in the theater. I'm all for Avengers-style name dropping for continuity and fan nods, but stuff like that is WAY too much. I hope there's none of that in the ST!!

VMeran and Sarge like this.
  5. Lord Chazza

Lord Chazza Jedi Master star 4

Jan 4, 2013
    Disneyfication.

6. Beautiful_Disaster

Beautiful_Disaster Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2005
    Pretty much what has already been said..that it won't feel like a Star Wars movie at all, that the characters from the OT won't get hardly any screen time.
    Things like that [face_dunno]

7. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    I'm not to worried about Disneyfication. Kennedy is Lucas's handpicked successor to run the show. And Disney will let her. If this first movie doesn't do well for whatever reason then I think all bets are off.

black_saber likes this.
  8. Joe

Joe Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 25, 2012
    Re-treads of previous films. The Empire, the Sith, Boba Fett - people keep wanting these things in the film, and that scares me. Star Wars has always been fantasy in space for me - it has wonder and mystery. By retreading villains and plot points, it kills the wonder, the mystery, and the magic. And that's the worst thing which could happen to this film.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  9. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    The female protagonist that everyone is talking about needs a practical costume. I like the brass bikini and Aayla Secura as much as the next guy, but that kind of fan service needs to be limited to one or two short scenes if we are to take her seriously. So please dress her in something that is flattering without being slutty.

Sean Sinclair and JainaSoloYJK like this.
  10. Darth Archimage

Darth Archimage Jedi Master star 3

May 28, 2013
    An unneeded character or group of characters created for the sole purpose of selling toys to kids, or used as the newest marketing campaign for a fast food chain.

11. Lord Chazza

Lord Chazza Jedi Master star 4

Jan 4, 2013
    The original Star Wars was a risk. Disney are not risk takers. They spent $4bn on the Star Wars franchise. They will interfere to ensure that the new films fit the formula. It's inevitable. The controllers of the purse strings will always have the final say. Look at politicians. Who funds their campaigns? Corporations. Who do their policies benefit? Corporations.

12. Graphic

Graphic Jedi Master star 2

Nov 18, 2012
    Recast Peter Mayhew.

Never let this happen! Ok, he has trouble with his knees... but come on!

Chewie sitting in some kind of wheelchair or walking on a cane? I could life with that on the whole thing, instead to know someone else is wearing the Suite.

Sean Sinclair likes this.
  13. Miles Lodson

Miles Lodson Chosen One star 4

Jul 10, 1998
    My biggest fear is that the movie will have a "let's get the gang back together again" feel, a bit like Indy 4 (not bashing Indy 4, but getting everyone together again was clearly a big motivating factor in that film), instead of having a new, interesting story to tell that feels like a good continuation of the story.

Sarge likes this.
  14. Jeff Vader

Jeff Vader Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 6, 2012
    I don't really have any fears at the moment. I'm happy to wait and see what news we get in the coming months.

15. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    If TBTB at Disney heeded the contents of this thread, we'd have a freakishly contradictory movie indeed. Just let them make the movie, our fears be damned!

16. rockstardirector

rockstardirector Jedi Youngling

Jul 5, 2013
    I personally think that Disney is a scary place for the franchise to live. I outlet my thoughts in a video about Mickey destroying the next movie, making it a musical.

MODified: While we appreciate the creativity that you put into your video, it really doesn't require being broadcast in every single thread that you have posted in. Your film is currently playing in our All Things Fan Made theater. Showtimes are: Always.

Circular_Logic likes this.
  17. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Yes, just like they did to Avengers, right?

Oh wait...

18. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    It's not really a fear I think, but more something I expect. Presuming it comes out on schedule, it will be the first live-action Star Wars movie in ten years (I'm sure most don't count TCW). As more and more information gets leaked about it, it will get 'hyped up' as some say, and it will get hyped so much that when it is released, it will entirely fail to live up to the hype. It could wind up being a good film, even a great film, but there will be disappointment in at least some quarters that it wasn't even better.

Fortunately I don't especially care about 'hype' so I plan on watching it and either enjoying it or loathing it for what it actually turns out to be.

19. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    Train yourselves to let go of all you fear to lose. :)

20. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    It could live up to the hype and bring all fans together in harmony once more. You know bring balance back to the Fandom.

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  21. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I quite agree with this...for this new trilogy, anything is possible, and I want them to take advantage of that opportunity...

let's see new things that we've never seen before, come across new story elements that we've never heard of before- not retread over a bunch of stuff that we've already seen much of, and received closure for! and that's one thing that Star Wars was very good at: closure for characters and plot lines...

time to move forward!!!

22. Pro Scoundrel

Nov 20, 2012
    Ya'know, that is a truly optimistic and noble sentiment. I'm stealing it for the hope thread. :)

23. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    You can have it, my friend. It would be a great thing to see happen. :)

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  24. SithLord_1270

SithLord_1270 Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 5, 2008
    My biggest fears:

1. Too many Friggin lens flares!!! Yes, there have been some in SW before, but NOT to the degree used in the latest ST movies.
    It was too damned distracting.

2. Little work on the story but a LOT on the CGI. This will piss me off big time. I like CGI, but it should HELP tell the story, not be the story. Smacks of lazy story telling.

3. Lack of character development for new or old characters. I want to care about the characters, get to know them. I also expect to see some changes in the Big 3. It's been what? 2 decades since we have seen them? There should be some growth or changes in their characters.

4. The music will be done by someone else. Will not sound anything like SW. That will screw it up for me.

5. The return of Jar Jar Binks.

Will write more when I can think of more

25. Avnar

Avnar Force Ghost star 4

Sep 20, 2007
    I am really worried that the original cast coming back will missfire! And I honestly believe they will... We all want it -but when it happens we will wish it didn't.

Indy 4 anyone?