Discussion What is your greatest hope about Episode VII?

Discussion in 'Star Wars: Episode VII and Beyond (Archive)' started by Pro Scoundrel, Jul 3, 2013.

1. EHT New Films Manager

Manager
    star 7
    Yes... I know. ;)
    Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  2. ezekiel22x Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Greatest hope would be that the film honors the style, spirit, and thematic integrity of all six existing films, not just the ones from the 70s/80s.
  3. darklordoftech Force Ghost

star 6
    1. That Han will say, "I never shoot first."

2. POLITIIIIIICS!!!!!!!! UUUUUUUNLIMITED POLITIIIIIIIIIIIICS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by darklordoftech, Jul 18, 2013
  4. Carbon1985 Jedi Knight

star 3
    It would be funny if Abrams put in a scene where Han did shoot first at some alien, and then he winks at the camera. :p
  5. StoneRiver Jedi Grand Master

star 4

They could do it quite seriously. Surrounded by (insert danger), Han starts the gunfire, and shouts out to the younger protagonist with him "Shoot first! Ask questions later kid"
    Immortiss and Carbon1985 like this.
  6. Darth Chiznuk Superninja of New Films

Manager
    star 6
    I really hope not. I think a line like that would be so cheesy and an unnecessary nod to that ridiculous controversy. I really don't want wink wink moments to the fanbase in EPVII.
    eht13 likes this.
  7. InterestingLurker Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, especially if that wink wink moment has Han literally winking at the camera.
    Echo-07 and Darth Chiznuk like this.
  8. mavjade It's so FLUFFY! Fanfic Manager

Manager
    star 6
    I concur with the not wanting a wink at the camera... breaking the 4th wall is fine in some movies but Star Wars is not one of them.

One of my hopes is probably far fetched, but I hope the ST reunites the fandom, at least for the most part. To not have people fighting constantly and just thinking that the movies are awesome, would be awesome! (Again, I know it's not likely, but one can hope, can't they!)
  9. Darth Chiznuk Superninja of New Films

Manager
    star 6
    I share that hope. It would be such a wonderful thing to see happen. We probably won't see it but maybe this film will be too awesome for the majority of us not to love it.
    VMeran and Immortiss like this.
  10. darklordoftech Force Ghost

star 6
    My greatest hopes are PT gushing and better villains than the EU has.
    Last edited by darklordoftech, Jul 20, 2013
  11. Immortiss Force Ghost

star 5
    I think it's a real possibility that the ST unites the whole into a single saga that satisfies all fans. But there will always be 'purists', who see nothing past whichever film ends the story for them.
    darklordoftech likes this.
  12. Force Smuggler Force Ghost

star 7
    An engaging relationship between the hero and the villain. Ex. Obi-Wan and Vader in ANH, Luke and Vader in ROTJ, Anakin and Palpatine in the PT, Katniss and President Snow in the Hunger Games Saga etc.
  13. GrimStride Jedi Youngling

I'm hoping for a language of a story and a new protagonist / villain package . It would be great , in my opinion , if the action takes place a long time after RotJ .
    I'd like to see cameos by good old Harrison Ford and Mark Hamill as well (but nothing more than that)
    Last edited by Point Given, Jul 22, 2013
  14. JourneymanFett Jedi Knight

star 2
    I wanna see the seedy underbelly of the galaxy. Bounty hunters, smugglers, that sorta thing. It's the characters who don't use the Force that make it awesome.
    Force Smuggler likes this.
  15. I Are The Internets Force Ghost

star 8
    I truly deeply hope that we finally find out where the opening crawl ends up going.
  16. Immortiss Force Ghost

star 5
    ^Let's start speculating on that.
  17. I Are The Internets Force Ghost

star 8
    I'll start a thread!!
    Immortiss likes this.
  18. Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    That would be a little tough, since the themes and spirits between the two trilogies were vastly different. I don't care if E7 mimics any particular movie, just as long as it's good.
  19. squir1y Jedi Master

star 3
    A delightful musical number! *slaps face* Sorry, don't know what came over me...
  20. Sarge Chosen One

star 5
    I'm cool with that, as long as its Figrin Dan and the Modal Nodes.
  21. Apophis_ Jedi Knight

star 2
    That it will be a good movie and that it won't destroy EU.
  22. ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio

star 7
    That it has a great story and characters and takes the saga in new diorections while staying connected to the previous films.

On a vfx technical and artistic note: I hope the films take vfx to a whole new level by marrying live action and vfx in seamless ways only imagined.

And I hope they do it with a mix of CG and practical.
  23. vong333 Jedi Master

star 4

I don't agree with this and those that posted that they liked this comment are indirectly condemning star wars to its status quo. Lets face it gang, my biggest hope that is that Disney, along with J.J. Abrahams can move star wars forward away from the prequels. I want star wars to go forward, not backwards. I don;t want tid bits and snip its from the prior 6 movies. I'm looking for Disney to move star wars forward away from the prior stuff.
  24. A Chorus of Disapproval New Films Fearless Vampire Killer

Manager
    star 8
    If people insist upon continuing to post hyperbole I am literally going to die.
    Sarge likes this.
  25. Sarge Chosen One

star 5
    Drama queen.