main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fun What is your latest purchase?

Discussion in 'Fun and Games' started by Zapdos, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd Force Ghost star 4

Dec 27, 2012
    Marlboros? I thought you were a Camel guy. Either way, quit smoking god dammit. If not for your health, do it for your bank account....I did. With the money saved I bought a Softail for ****'s sake. You can do it, I have every confidence in you.

2. SpecForce Trooper

SpecForce Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jun 19, 2016
    The Force Unleashed , as a birthday gift.

3. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Dang, only took me 14 years to track down a locandina (small poster) for Enzo Castellari's La Via Della Droga (a.k.a. The Heroin Busters, a.k.a. still my most favorite Italian crime film ever.)

[​IMG]

and Cinevox in Italy were kind enough to reissue Goblin's awesome soundtrack last year, so I bought that too (even though I still have the original release.)

[​IMG]

May it not take that long for this to come out on blu ray somewhere in the world.

4. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Food and a Powerball ticket.

5. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001

Do you hate someone, or was it for you and you hate yourself?

It's an awful, turgid game. Don't do it!

6. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    More Magic the Gathering cards
    Sour worms

7. Outsourced

Outsourced Force Ghost star 5

Apr 10, 2017
    Got me this slick Goodwill haul:

[​IMG]

2x Xbox
    2x Xbox Controller
    1x Windows 95 Flight Stick
    1x Star Trek TNG Blueprint Book
    17x Games

8. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Three Kingdoms crazy this morning...

I may not like John Woo, but I wanted to see his take on Three Kingdoms since this is about as close to him paying homage to his mentor Chang Cheh as I could possibly want.

[​IMG]

and this is going to take a while to get to me, but apparently Mainland Chinese television upped John Woo and did a 95 episode series on Three Kingdoms. Judging by the bit of Guan Yu footage I stumbled into last night, it should be fun.

[​IMG]

Now where I will find time to spend at least a week watching these, is beyond me but...

Jedi Daniel and Master_Rebado like this.
  9. Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd Force Ghost star 4

Dec 27, 2012
    SSX Tricky for the first xbox is a game I can actually play AND beat pretty much anyone at. Just sayin...

Psymon. Ftw.

Master_Rebado likes this.
  10. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    Glad to see you got the international version which isn't heavily edited. A masterpiece of a film :)

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  11. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    I don't understand why a film about a significant mainland Chinese event had a Cantonese and Taiwanese-Japanese lead. Was nothign learned from Crouching Tiger!

(But I mean, Tony Leung is the literally best actor ever).

12. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    *sigh* misplaced some of my Italian giallo memorabilia (Most of it Ivan Rassimov-centric) and now there is literally zilch to be found from those particular films.

I just upgraded his first Cannibal movie (the only one I will still watch) since the blu ray was under $10 and picked up Mario Bava's Shock which was one of a very few 1070s films with Ivan I haven't seen yet, and the only Bava movie I have yet to see.

Jedi Daniel - yeah, I knew about the international cut of Red Cliff - good to hear though.

Ender Sai ;). You'd love Shaw Brothers then. More often than not, Chinese actors would play Japanese characters, though there were exceptions like Yasuaki Kurata (who went onto learn Kung Fu and Cantonese.)

Been a rather pricey few days in movie-land, but all worth it. Think I need to watch a lot of Rassimov tomorrow.

13. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    No, my point is that the mainland Chinese hate these films. CTHD was savaged there, because only one of the four main actors was a mainlander and spoke with a Beijing accent. Otherwise you have a Malay Chinese, Cantonese Chinese and I think Taiwanese actor not sounding mainland.

14. Dagobahsystem

Dagobahsystem Chosen One star 10

Sep 25, 2015
    My latest purchase was chips, salsa, tomatoes, lettuce, ground beef, soft and hard shells, seasoning mix, shredded cheese, and beer.

Yep, we had tacos today.

Master_Rebado and Juliet316 like this.
  15. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    Mobile phone credit

16. JediYvette

JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 18, 2001
    Foundation. It was on sale. :D

17. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    The novel?

18. JediYvette

JediYvette Pacific RSA emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 18, 2001
    Makeup. :p

19. Jedi Daniel

Apr 7, 2000
    Oh [face_laugh]

20. Master_Lok

Dec 18, 2012
    Powerball tickets, food and a green juice from some new place on the way to work.

21. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    Bought the following at the National Air and Space Museum

Hidden Figures by Margot Lee Shetterly
    The Making of the Atomic Bomb by Richard Rhodes
    Moon Lander by Tom Kelly
    Forever Young by John Young
    Calculated Risk: The supersonic life and times of Gus Grissom by George Leopold
    Wheels Stop by Rick Houston
    Apollo Pilot by Don Eislee

You know you are a nerd a when....

:p

Master_Rebado and heels1785 like this.
  22. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Sounds like you should check out Brian Trubshaw's books. He was a Concorde test pilot and was on the news quite a bit here in the UK, especially on the anniversary of the plane's first flight. He's no longer with us, unfortunately - died in 2001.

23. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
    I might think about that one. NASM has an Air France Concorde on display at the UdarHazy Centre. Beautiful air plane. My real passion is spaceflight, however. I've been collecting books on human spaceflight since 1995. I have a collection of more than 50 titles.

24. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I actually flew on the BA Concorde. A company here had 'flights to nowhere' - a 90 minute flight with champagne luncheon and you went supersonic over the Scilly isles. Not cheap but I hit a big birthday and treated myself. I live not far from Heathrow and she'd come right over the flat when the takeoff pattern was right.

25. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
    Nice. I have a cousin who guides at the Udar-Hazy Centre. He's a retired Marine Corp captain/Professional Badass who flew A-6 Intruders. He gave us a personal tour.