main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What is your LEAST favorite DVD change?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by jedi_master_ousley, Jul 23, 2005.

?

What is your LEAST favorite DVD change?

Poll closed Mar 22, 2012.
  1. Aurebesh inserted

1.4%
  2. Boba Fett voice

24.5%
  3. Celebration - Naboo & Jedi Temple

2.0%
  4. Dianoga eye

0.7%
  5. Han/Greedo shooting

23.8%
  6. Hayden as ghost

23.8%
  7. Ian as Emperor

3.4%
  8. Jabba - new CGI

5.4%
  9. Luke scream removed

2.7%
  10. Other (please specify)

12.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Han/Greedo shooting. Not because it's Greedo shooting first or at the same time, just the special effect of the scene itself looks bad.

2. darthramzafft1

darthramzafft1 Jedi Master star 1

Jul 24, 2005
    Definently Hayden as the ghost...
    it's so very, very wrong...

3. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN

GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN Jedi Master star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    Hayden as the ghost

4. IncomT65

IncomT65 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 1999
    I voted for Boba's voice change. That was such a bummer. I already heard about Hayden as Anakin's ghost, which I didn't like either. But Boba's new voice really came as a shock to me.

5. Vagrant66

Vagrant66 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 21, 2005
    Aurebesh inserted
    Celebration - Naboo & Jedi Temple
    Dianoga eye
    Han/Greedo shooting
    Hayden as ghost
    Jabba - new CGI

What are these changes? And what is the green saber thing about?

6. IncomT65

IncomT65 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 28, 1999
    Er... don't know all of them right now, but in the O-OT version of ANH, Greedo doesn't shoot first. Han just drops him. Greedo shooting first was a welcome change for all fans [face_laugh]!!

Hayden as a ghost in RotJ instead of Sebastian Shaw. Not good imho.

The cgi-Jabba in the SE of ANH was lousy at best. The one in the DVD version is far better.

7. CIDLORD

CIDLORD Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 6, 2001

"Jedi Rocks".

Unbearable.

8. Darth-Seldon

Darth-Seldon Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 17, 2003
    The only one that came close to bothering me is the Obi-Wan Kenobi krayt dragon call being changed. I liked the old one a bit more.

Overall, no complaints, I love the new DVD editions.
    Though if further changes are made in the future, I would probably update Jabba (ANH) even further.

-Seldon

9. Warrior_of_Mandalore

Warrior_of_Mandalore Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2003
    I think my sig speaks for itself on this one.

Warrior_of_Mandalore Strikes Again!

10. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    Boba Fett's voice. It's the only change on the whole set I dislike. :(

Rick McCallum loves you!

11. R2QT

R2QT Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 12, 2005
    "He's no good to may did." How can people not like this? ;)
    Terrible change, no doubt.

12. Boba_Phat

Boba_Phat Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 29, 2000
    The one I can't stand the most is definately Hayden as Anakin's ghost. I've already explained why I don't like that one in the thread about it in this forum. Not far behind that change is the altering of Boba Fett's voice. I can't stand that one either. Jason Wingreen's delivery was so cool, while Temuera's delivery is so bland. He literally phoned his lines in.

As for the other changes:
    Aurebesh inserted: Couldn't care either way.
    Celebration - Naboo & Jedi Temple: I don't like the transition to the Naboo shot. It goes from some modern-looking building to the old-style architecture of Naboo. It just doesn't look right. Also, I don't like being reminded of the Gungans. I wouldn't think the Jedi Temple would still be around at that time, but it is, and apparently it's still in use since it's all lighted up. That doesn't really make sense to me.
    Dianoga eye: Didn't really need to be changed, but whatever.
    Han/Greedo shooting: No matter what else they do to this scene it won't make it any less stupid. The only time it was ever done right was in the original version.
    Ian as Emperor: It's cool to have Ian there, but it didn't turn out as well as I would have liked. The make-up is weird, almost worse than the original ESB-Emperor. I don't like the dialogue changes as it just causes confusion about what Vader really knows about Luke. I have to say that I also liked Clive Revill's delivery better. It sounded like Ian was trying to impersonate Clive instead of playing it like he naturally would. The original version's look combined with Clive's voice made for a creepier scene, one that I think I can say I actually prefer.
    Jabba - new CGI: Jabba looks a lot better, but that's irrelevant. The scene shouldn't be here in the first place. It slows things down and everything covered in this scene was already covered in the Greedo scene.
    Luke scream removed: They shouldn't have added the scream originally.

13. DARTH-SHREDDER

DARTH-SHREDDER Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 6, 2005
    What is this green saber change? I've gathered that on the millinium falcon in ANH his saber is green, but that would make no sense. Also, Boba Fett's vioce is changed? I didn't notice that that much. Could somebody describe how it's different. And what is this jedi rocks thing?

14. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    I think the greensaber one was unintentional, basically they messed up the color of Luke's lightsaber on the Falcon. Boba's voice was changed to that Temeura Morrison, the actor who played Jango. The Jedi Rocks was a change for the VHS SE and was the new Jabba's Palace musical sequence.

15. Vagrant66

Vagrant66 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 21, 2005
    Really? That sucks!

Can anyone explain what the other things that IncomT65 didn't know were though?

16. PrinceHector

PrinceHector Jedi Youngling star 2

May 29, 2005
    What? Are you referring to the end music of ROTJ? That's been there in the SE versions, as well. I myself, think that it is far better then the original ewok version (which I have on CDs) - I never liked that one.

17. morrison85

morrison85 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 13, 2005

18. BaronFel88

BaronFel88 Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 25, 2004
    Yup.

19. Sith-Lord_James

Sith-Lord_James Jedi Master star 3

Dec 7, 2003
    I don't know what in the world everyone is talking about with that whole Greedo shooting first scene. I have an old VHS copy of ANH on my shelf right now. When I watch it, Greedo shoots at Han, misses, and Han fires back.

Is my copy just really old or is everyone just senile?

20. Rogue...Jedi

Rogue...Jedi Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 12, 2000
    The change to Greedo shooting first was made for the SEs, which were the VHS edition that came out in '97. I take it thats what you have?

21. TCG

TCG Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 22, 2005
    i think he's referring to the music video in jabba's palace near the beginning. it has that alien woman with the long mouth that sticks out, and the blue alien playing the piano. although i hate the scene, i do kinda like that blue guy.

but my least favorite is greedo shooting first. i know its been said to death, but thats the worst bc it changes the character.

22. jedi-master-kev

jedi-master-kev Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 22, 2005
    Hayden as a ghost

23. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001
    Hayden does NOT belong in the OT. It is my opinion that Anakin died in Luke's arms as an old man, therefore he should appear as an old man in ROTJ. (Wait! He aleady did!) None of this "dying as he became Vader" crap. Physical death had been the cause of every other Jedi ghost. Turning from one side of the Force to another doesn't constitute a death, in my opinion.

24. LovedAnakin

LovedAnakin Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2005
    totally hated -- hated the singing/music performance in jabba's court. Yuk!

25. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    That was changed for the SE, not the DVD, though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.