main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What is your LEAST favorite DVD change?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by jedi_master_ousley, Jul 23, 2005.

?

What is your LEAST favorite DVD change?

Poll closed Mar 22, 2012.
  1. Aurebesh inserted

1.4%
  2. Boba Fett voice

24.5%
  3. Celebration - Naboo & Jedi Temple

2.0%
  4. Dianoga eye

0.7%
  5. Han/Greedo shooting

23.8%
  6. Hayden as ghost

23.8%
  7. Ian as Emperor

3.4%
  8. Jabba - new CGI

5.4%
  9. Luke scream removed

2.7%
  10. Other (please specify)

12.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sith-Lord_James

Sith-Lord_James Jedi Master star 3

Dec 7, 2003
    The change to Greedo shooting first was made for the SEs, which were the VHS edition that came out in '97. I take it thats what you have?

Well, cool then. I haven't seen any Star Wars versions besides the '97 copies I own. I guess when I buy the Special Edition, I won't have anything to complain about as far as that Han/Greedo thing.

2. Boba_Phat

Boba_Phat Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 29, 2000
    They changed the Han/Greedo scene for the DVD, that's why it's on this list. Instead of Greedo shooting first like he did in the '97 SEs they shoot at about the same time. It still looks dumb to me.

3. anidanami124

anidanami124 Jedi Master star 6

Aug 24, 2002
    I would say maybe well it's small thing Vader's line in TESB.

4. Bananakin

Bananakin Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 6, 2003
    I voted for other, and while it may seem like a small change, I can't think of one singular reason as to why it was put in. When the stormtroopers are searching the Millenium Falcon in ANH, they used to simply meet, quickly nod to each other, and walk silently down the ramp. But no no...George has decided that our apparantly inferior intellect is incapable of inferring simple conclusions from onscreen evidence. Instead, he has to spell it out for us by inserting a completely superfluous line like, "There's no one here." Aside from insulting our intelligence, it completely spoils the image of stormtroopers as efficient troops who wouldn't need to speak when the outcome of the search was so obviously negative. It just seems to me like more of the completely over the top, un-subtle, "drive it into their brains" brand of movie-making found in the Episodes 1 and 2.

5. yoda_rulz

yoda_rulz Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 16, 2004
    Luke's scream falling down the shaft that wsa deleted in the DVD collection. I think it looks so chessy now when I see Luke falling, with his arms extended, and just hear the music playing. Who wouldn't scream when falling down a 100 foot shaft????!!!

6. DarthLassic007

DarthLassic007 Jedi Master star 6

Nov 25, 2002
    Boba's new voice. The old one was more menancing. The new one seems rushed.

7. Warrior_of_Mandalore

Warrior_of_Mandalore Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 1, 2003
    A person who intentionally jumped.

Warrior_of_Mandalore Strikes Again!

8. CountCuckoo

CountCuckoo Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2005
    Hayden as a ghost. Don't know why I don't like it I just don't.

9. YoungAngus

YoungAngus Jedi Master star 5

May 7, 2005
    I havnt seen any of the SE's until today when I saw all of ROTJ and just chapeters 22 and 24 of ANH. I thought Jabba looked a little cartoonish in ANH, it was a cool scene but if they fixed him up a biy it would be better. In ROTJ the dance scene with the CGI peple in Jabba's palace looks really nickolodianish, I would like to have seen more from Oola. Also I didn't really like the new song at the end of Jedi when they are celebrating on Endor.

10. TheForgottenJedi

TheForgottenJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 10, 2004
    Jabba - new CGI

Why must it suck so bad!?

11. The-Tennis-Ball-Kid

The-Tennis-Ball-Kid Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 2, 2004
    The sound mix, it wasn't just "X-Wings Draw Fire" (which IMO is bad enough that the set should be recalled[face_shame_on_you]), but the music is mixed too low throughout....

From the poll? Hayden.

Fett's voice was pretty bad too.

ttbk

12. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    The change to Boba Fett's voice. I preferred the old one - sounds nastier!

13. mikadojedi

mikadojedi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 25, 2003
    That's a big one for me. And Han/Greedo. Jabba still looks like crap!! Maybe it's my stereo having just 2 channels. But I have not experienced any sound troubles. Noticing the difference and all. But the music did seem a bit low.

14. paul01

paul01 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 5, 2005
    Boba Fetts Voice - Understand the reason just, no menace in the voice,bad delivery.

Hayden - Understand the possible reason just,prefer Shaw, miss his smile, If we have to have Hayden at least make him smile,

Greedo scene-looks better,redo the scene as it was in 77 much better

Jabba-better,but could be improved.

Naboo celebration-Like the other planets celebration, but a "Weessa free" in the O.T not so sure

Best Change

Ian as the Emperor in ESB

15. -Darksaber-

-Darksaber- Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 22, 2005
    Yes, Hayden as a ghost. Sebastian looked so much...warmer. Like a young Obi-Wan, almost. Hayden just looks uncomfortable, and too young to be a father.

16. El_Dave

El_Dave Jedi Youngling

Jul 30, 2005
    Yes, yes he does. Worst. Change. Ever.

17. Agent_SkywalKer

Agent_SkywalKer Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 28, 2005
    The scary dancers at Jabba's palace! [face_worried]

18. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    I actually picked Ian as Emperor for this one. It's not that I had a problem with the idea behind it or the dialogue selected for Ian either. In all honesty, the way Ian delivers the lines seems off and the whole thing seems like a last minute "oh look what we did" by George. The scene was filmed mid production on ROTS so Ian probably didn't have a whole lot of time to prepare, and instead of trying to come up with a new prosthetic mask that looked closer to the ROTJ Emperor, they just used the ROTS one. I'm only saying the addition was bad because in the next movie, the Emperor now looks and acts like it's a completely different actor behind the character. I have no problem with Ian being in that scene but his performance needs to be consistant with the ROTS and ROTJ Emperor and it wasn't. I'd love to see McDiarmid redo the scene for a later release.

and as a side note, I still can't beleive so many people dislike the Hayden change. The decision was a stroke of freaken brilliance on George's part and made this saga more meaningful as a whole than it had ever been in the past.

19. WedgesOtherNephew

WedgesOtherNephew Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Voted for Fett's voice. Tem did a ho hum job on this. The other dude was WAY more menacing and effective.

Hayden ghost is a close second. We see Shaw behind the helmet...That is the father Luke knows...He looks uncomfortable in those "light side" robes. :p

20. ChildOfWinds

ChildOfWinds Chosen One star 6

Apr 7, 2001
    I definitely hate Hayden as the Force ghost the most. This should never have been done. It's wrong on so many levels and it diminishes the end of RotJ.

21. Vagrant66

Vagrant66 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 21, 2005
    Although I haven't actually seen any of the DVD edited scenes, I have seen pictures and sound files of all the changes.

I HATE Luke's scream. A scream wouldn't be so bad, but THAT scream was, it didn't sound anything like Luke! It was as if it was taking the piss.

I also hate Hayden as Anakin's ghost. I don't wanna know what Lucas was on when he came up with that idea. Gone is the warm, Santa-esque grin of Shaw, replaced with Hayden's creepy punchable glare.

22. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    I've gone with the classic Greedo shoots first - just looks BAD [face_sick]

23. Luke_Sparkewalker

Luke_Sparkewalker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    the music, or lack thereof, when the x-wings go in for the attack.

Ben burtt strikes again!

He did it in parts of rots as well!!!

24. AnakinBrego

AnakinBrego Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 15, 2004
    The lightsaber affects should of stayed the same!

25. Ob-wan-shawa

Ob-wan-shawa Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 10, 2005
    I loved Hayden don't understand why people hated it..
    Worst was the greedo shooting.

But there are a few I don't know what they are.
    Aurebesh inserted
    Dianoga eye
    Luke scream removed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.