main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What is your LEAST favorite DVD change?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by jedi_master_ousley, Jul 23, 2005.

?

What is your LEAST favorite DVD change?

Poll closed Mar 22, 2012.
  1. Aurebesh inserted

1.4%
  2. Boba Fett voice

24.5%
  3. Celebration - Naboo & Jedi Temple

2.0%
  4. Dianoga eye

0.7%
  5. Han/Greedo shooting

23.8%
  6. Hayden as ghost

23.8%
  7. Ian as Emperor

3.4%
  8. Jabba - new CGI

5.4%
  9. Luke scream removed

2.7%
  10. Other (please specify)

12.2%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vagrant66

Vagrant66 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 21, 2005
    The Aurebesh thing was replacing some text in the movie with the Star Wars galaxy language.
    http://www.dvdanswers.com/misc/chris/images/articles/starwars/anh/ses/tractor.jpg
    http://www.dvdanswers.com/misc/chris/images/articles/starwars/anh/2004/tractor.jpg

Dianoga eye was changing the monster in the garbage disposal's eye.
    http://www.dvdanswers.com/misc/chris/images/articles/starwars/anh/originals/dianogah.jpg
    http://www.dvdanswers.com/misc/chris/images/articles/starwars/anh/2004/dianogah.jpg

And Luke's scream after hearing Vader's revelation was apparently cut or shortened or something out of TESB.

2. Boba_Phat

Boba_Phat Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 29, 2000
    A scream was added for the 97 SEs when Luke fell off the platform after battling Vader. For the DVDs it was removed, and the scene appears just like the original version.

3. Ob-wan-shawa

Ob-wan-shawa Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 10, 2005
    Thanks but I don't understand why they changed the eye.

4. PrincessofVictory

PrincessofVictory Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 22, 2005
    I didn't like Boba Fett's new voice.

5. jedi_master_ousley

jedi_master_ousley Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2002
    To make it look more realistic.

6. Ob-wan-shawa

Ob-wan-shawa Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 10, 2005
    Ew I liked it the old way.

7. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001

That's probably the reason for most of the changes to the OT. Problem is, they didn't always have that outcome. Some were just plain BAD.

8. mynameismyown

mynameismyown Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2005
    i dont like how dark some scenes looked like the trash compactor scene they need to lighten it up

9. CommanderJamesBond

CommanderJamesBond Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 3, 2005
    Hayden's ghost. BY FAR.

10. NeoBaggins

NeoBaggins Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003

1. Hayden's ghost

2. Greedo shooting and the insulting reasoning for it

3. The careless destruction of Fett's classic REAL voice. The Jango guy should have been made to lip-sync Boba's REAL voice. It's ridiculous and brings the entire film down a notch or two.

4. Annoying and needless is Vader's pink saber in ESB and ROTJ along with Luke's temperarily green saber in ANH

Annoying: Jabba and Fett were introduced in ESB and ROTJ, now they are plopped into ANH for the hell of it. Jabba is turned into a comic bafoon in TPM, but now we are to believe that 'the viol Ganster' would allow Solo to step on his tail in total disrespect. Welp, at least it's accidentally consistent- Jabba has a scar on his tail in ROTJ.

11. Nokia_6230

Nokia_6230 Jedi Youngling

Aug 4, 2005
    ^ What he said.

12. black_saber

black_saber Force Ghost star 5

Apr 4, 2002
    Boba Fetts voice does fit in he is an ultra clone of Jango.

13. Excuse_My_French

Excuse_My_French Jedi Youngling

Aug 6, 2005
    Well lets see. We've got the change to Boba Fett's voice, Greedo shooting first, and Hayden replacing Sebastian Shaw. This was a tough choice. Kind of like choosing which was my favorite root canal, but since I have to go with one, I'll say Boba Fett. IMO Lucas should be commited to a ******* mental institution for replacing his once bad*** menacing voice, with one that sound's like ******* Crocodile Dundee after inhaling around fifty pounds of helium.

Lucas has to be the dumbest ******* billionare genius in history. He's an anomaly in this regard, and simply will not rest until he's completly ruined everything he once made great. Somtimes I wish someone would just chain him up and throw away the key, so he can't do anymore damage to the still great OT. However I could give two ***** less about future changes to the PT though. There's no possible way he could **** them up any worse then he already did.

14. Grand_Moff_Jawa

Grand_Moff_Jawa Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 31, 2001

Nobody is debating that. I think people are upset by the delivery of the lines from Tem Morrison. He seems rushed and not nearly as menacing.

15. Brandon Rhea

Brandon Rhea Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 26, 2004
    I don't see why people don't like Hayden as Anakin in ROTJ. That is the image of Anakin that Luke would want to see, so that is how the Force projected him. All Luke had heard about was this "great YOUNG Jedi Knight". So, Luke always wanted to see that young Jedi Knight. In ROTJ, he finally got the chance.

16. Darth_Fruit_Fly

Darth_Fruit_Fly Jedi Youngling star 4

May 16, 2005
    Broken Link.

17. Mike_Tyson

Mike_Tyson Jedi Youngling

Aug 7, 2005
    Redoing Boba-Fett's voice was super-whack! He went from sound menancing to sounding like me! :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.