What is your LEAST favorite Star Wars movie?

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by droideka27, Sep 21, 2005.

?

What is your LEAST favorite Star Wars movie?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
The Phantom Menace 67 vote(s) 37.9%
Attack of the Clones 55 vote(s) 31.1%
Revenge of the Sith 7 vote(s) 4.0%
A New Hope 16 vote(s) 9.0%
Empire Strikes Back 5 vote(s) 2.8%
Return of the Jedi 6 vote(s) 3.4%
I don't have a least favorite! (Explain) 21 vote(s) 11.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediSara Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  2. emilsson Chosen One

star 6
    I voted for TPM since I find it the most uneven of all Star Wars movies. There are some brilliant scenes, but also some bad stuff.
  3. mikadojedi Jedi Master

star 4
  4. JEDY Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    None but if I had to choose, AOTC for sure, I always like to see Phantom Menace. It's great.

AOTC is too.
  5. Aumgn Jedi Knight

star 3
    Oh, easily ESB. A lot of fat in that one. I love the fat, and the film, but it's not as good as the other five.
  6. Jedi General Gelderd Force Ghost

star 5
    [face_not_talking] They are all equally great in their own fitting way!
  7. corellian-jedi Jedi Master

star 2
    AotC by a long shot.

The order from favourite to least favourite for me is: ESB, RotS, TPM, RotJ, ANH, AotC.

For some reason, I really liked TPM and I didn't think it was nearly as bad as people made it out to be. On the other hand, AotC was just [face_sick]. Some of the lines made me want to gag.
  8. Darth_Pazuzu Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm voting for TPM. I understand that's really a rather predictable choice, but just let me explain why I did:
    As the opening chapter of the SW Saga, TPM has the opposite problem of the closer, ROTJ. Whereas ROTJ was somewhat less than the sum of its parts, TPM's individual parts are much stronger, but we still feel left at loose ends. I realize, however, that that was the intention. TPM is primarily a work of exposition and set-up, and many things would not see their payoff until ROTS and, later, ROTJ. The whole story of the Trade Federation's invasion of Naboo is ultimately less important than the introduction of Anakin on Tatooine and the beginning of Palpatine's rise to power, so the storytelling priorities do feel somewhat lopsided. (Although it could be said that the invasion of Naboo was simply a dress rehearsal for the Clone Wars!) Among the highlights are the Qui-Gon/Obi-Wan vs. Darth Maul duel, which is probably the greatest lightsaber duel in the Saga from a purely technical and kinetic standpoint, as well as the podrace on Tatooine. The underwater Gungan city is also a wonderful visual marvel. As far as Jar Jar Binks himself is concerned, anyone who feels anything more severe than a mild annoyance at his escapades seriously needs to lighten up!;)
  9. Padawan915 Force Ghost

star 6
    Phantom Menace...it has some good qualities, but it still is lacking in many areas and is too slow in the scheme of the saga.
  10. mustanggirl Jedi Padawan

AtoC. definatly. lucas is a wonderful action writer, i mean like the BEST. but he shouldn't write love scenes...[face_sick] :oops:
  11. DarthShona Force Ghost

star 5
  12. Sith_Lord_Linkoping Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    TPM got my vote, but AoTC is equally bad.
  13. StarSmuggler Jedi Master

star 4
  14. Grillbu_Fett Jedi Knight

star 2
    AOTC or TPM... that's a hard one.
  15. Eddie Force Ghost

star 3
    AOTC by far. TPM took a lot of risks but AOTC seemed to be an answer to the fanboys.
  16. Boba_Fett_00 Jedi Master

star 4
    The Phantom Menace has got to go, I mean c'mon and Attack of the Clones isn't much better
  17. shiningstars Force Ghost

star 2
    QFT!
  18. ezekiel22x Chosen One

star 4
    Tough call to make between Menace and Sith. I actually think TPM works relatively well as stand-alone or a loosely-related prologue, but ultimately the film suffered when put into overall context. I don?t like the fact that Qui-Gon and Jar Jar have such prominent roles only to be dropped completely from Episodes II and III. As a result, the key relationship between Anakin and Obi-Wan really suffers in development, not to mention the fact that the Anakin of Episode II has developed a totally different world-view from the young jubilant boy of Episode I. Obviously, his Jedi upbringing elicited this shift towards angst, aggression, and enduring cynicism, but I think his character would?ve been stronger if we?ve actually seen this transition happening on screen.

In Sith, a lot came across as anti-climatic, including a CGI dependent Duel, the borderline non-sensical Padme death, as well as action sequences that lacked the cohesion and emotional punch that was so prevalent in other noteworthy Saga set pieces. However, the few times it hit the right notes, the results were beautiful (namely the rumination sequences, Order 66, and the ?we were brothers? dialogue exchange). Based on the strength of these powerful scenes alone, I have to give Sith the benefit of the doubt and name The Phantom Menace as my least favorite Star Wars film.
  19. -Phoenix- Force Ghost

star 5
    I like all of them equally.
  20. Mastadge Manager Emeritus

star 7
    This poll makes me lonely.
  21. Darth_Orcus Jedi Padawan

ROTJ - why? The Sith menace is ended (by a dubious Jedi candidate, I might add - sorry I just can't see Luke as a serious threat to the ultimate force-users).
  22. jedijoker Force Ghost

star 7
    I like them all I don't have a least favorite
  23. Juke Skywalker Force Ghost

star 5
    The Phantom menace by far. The title sounds like a movie about a ghost who haunts Mr. Wilson.
  24. Chewbacca-girl Force Ghost

star 4
  25. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    The Phantom Menace

Most of the acting was horrible and the script was even worse. Not too mention Jar Jar.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.