main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What is your LEAST favorite Star Wars movie?

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by droideka27, Sep 21, 2005.

?

What is your LEAST favorite Star Wars movie?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. The Phantom Menace

37.9%
  2. Attack of the Clones

31.1%
  3. Revenge of the Sith

4.0%
  4. A New Hope

9.0%
  5. Empire Strikes Back

2.8%
  6. Return of the Jedi

3.4%
  7. I don't have a least favorite! (Explain)

11.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. howardgarbo

howardgarbo Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 29, 2005
    Hate to be so predictable but it's The Phantom Menace.

It's the most disappointing sequel(prequel-whatever)experience I've ever had. Wait, there was also Alien Resurrection and the Matrix sequels.

Oh boy where to begin with what I don't like about Menace:

-Well, for one the film is boring a lot of the time. That's not something I expect from a Star Wars film. The plot meanders and never really involves the viewer.

- Midi-chlorians; Ugh. I can't stress how lame and dumb this device is. It certainly makes the mythology of "The Force" less interesting.

- Jar-Jar Binks/ Jake Loyd; Hate to beat a dead horse but they both are truly awful and they make you cringe every time they appear on screen.

- The villains aren't set up properly; The Trade Federation are a dull group of bad guys and their droid army is just as bland. Darth Maul HAD potential to be a terrific baddie (and he certainly looks cool) but he's not given much to do outside of attacking Qui-Gon early on and the end.

- CGI overkill; Really man the CGI wears out it's welcome fast. It makes the film look so artificial and fake.

- Flat action sequences; The pod race feels like a friggin' Playstation game commercial. The end battle between the droid army and the Gungans is so bland and uninvolving and fails to grasp the viewers attention. Having Anakin "accidently" save the day makes it worse.

There's more but I'm getting tired of complaining.

What do I like about the film? Well the ending lightsaber duel with Darth Maul is pretty cool. I also enjoy some of Williams music on the soundtrack.

2. Darth Gangrenous

Darth Gangrenous Chosen One star 10

Jun 1, 2005
    TPM blew chuncks. The only good parts IMO were the pod race and the saber fight. The rest of it really bored me. Then there was Jar Jar Binks.

3. SithHolocron

SithHolocron Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 9, 2003
    I would have to say TPM.

4. LottDodd

LottDodd Jedi Master star 4

Oct 4, 2002
    Hey I'm so glad to see a poll I suggested Make it!

I Chose ANH. Even though it is the one I was raised on. Even though it is the one I first Fell in love with. It is the one that is the most out of sync with the "Star Wars Universe". It is the only one that could have worked as a stand alone film, but in that respects it is the most out of place with the other 5. And it doesn't have IAN MCDIARMID.

Don't get me wrong... I LOVE THIS MOVIE.

5. -RebelScum-

-RebelScum- Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 21, 2004
    Attack of the Clones, stupid humor was Lucas writing his own romance, need I say more?

-The Scummy-

6. Lord_Kosh

Lord_Kosh Jedi Master star 3

Oct 20, 2005
    TPM. Kids and Lucas may have thought he was funny, but Jar Jar was most certainly the worst SW character EVER!!! His presence alone brought the movie down. I kept hoping for something or someone to kill him off...ANYTHING! A landspeeder could have hit him, the power coupling on the podracer should have killed him, he could have fallen (from a very high spot) in the racing stands, so many ways. But no, he lived. A message that I believe was "even the most stupid beings get away with no common sense", and is reflected by the US Courts often in real life by awarding certain individuals large sums of money for being stupid.[face_not_talking]

Fortunately he was not in the other two newer movies.[face_praying]

7. darth-amedda

darth-amedda Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2003
    I'd say TPM.

I really enjoy several parts (I love first 20 min., Pod Race, I think that Qui-Gon and Shmi are great characters, the final duel is one of the best in whole saga) but still this would be my least favourite episode.

I didn't have such a big problem with Jar-Jar as many other people. In my case it was Jake Loyd and Gungan battle that absolutely worsened this film for me.

8. Darth Mischievous

Darth Mischievous Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 12, 1999
    AOTC

The romance was done so poorly that you would think a movie couldn't be made with such a bad set of lines and such poor chemistry between the actors...

Now, in the testing, Hayden and Natalie did look like they had good chemistry, but it did not transfer to film. That probably has to do with GL's writing of the script and his direction of the tone. There wasn't a good enough 'bond' or set-up that gave you any sense of the sexual tension between the two.

Even though Han and Leia's relationship was totally different, you could get a sense of the 'spark' between the two.

I thought Hayden at least gave the effort for what the script called for, but I found Natalie to be slacking in AOTC.

She did a much better job in ROTS (my favorite film of the series), up until her death scene which she did poorly, IMHO.

She doesn't give off emotion very convincingly.

9. AgentViper007

AgentViper007 Force Ghost star 7

Mar 9, 2005
    TPM.

I really enjoyes the Podrace and the end battle, but I did think it dragged on a bit too long.

The Tatooine bits were really boring and the dinner conversation was again, way too long.

It just dragged on and on and frankly after halfway through, I just got bored and skipped to the good bits.

And what was the point of Jar Jar, really.

10. Darth_Vaderous

Darth_Vaderous Jedi Knight star 5

May 16, 2005
    A New Hope, the first half hour is boring. Really bad.

11. Teh_Red_Lightsabre

Teh_Red_Lightsabre Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 22, 2005
    Oh my god how could you diss a new hope?

It was probably the first one we all saw and that got us into the whole Star Wars thing. (except maybe the 12 yr olds in here) Classic parts like: Darth Vader chokes that rebel commander, Darth Vader FORCE chokes that Admiral guy in the death star and Darth Vader kills Ben Kenobi!

The worst movie had to be in ever aspect TPM except for Darth Maul. (he's my favourite character in the prequel)

12. sccrman95

sccrman95 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 16, 2004
    Same here.

Sccrman95

13. Minela

Minela Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 28, 2005
    I don't look at the Saga as 6 movies, I look at it as one movie (now that I've seen RotS) They all mirror eachother, and I esspecially now love TPM (it used to be my leas fave) because of its dark undertones. My absolute favorite is AotC because that is when I became a fan. I don't know why but when I saw Anakin and Obi-Wan in the elevator something clicked for me and I fell in obsession with SW.

But if I absolutely had to choose a least favorite one--I couldn't.

So here is my list:
    1. AotC
    2. RotS and RotJ
    3. ESB and TPM and ANH

14. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    Even though it has my second favorite character of the saga in it, I have to go with Attack of the Clones mainly because it had so many problems.

A) The whole seperatist/Count Dooku plot is very hard to follow and doesn't tie in with the Trade Federation/events of TPM at all until the end.

B) There is really no introduction for Count Dooku and he appears far too late in the movie. This would not have been a problem had Lucas included the extended Jocasta Nu scene.

C) It develops a villian only at the end, who is killed off first thing in the next movie.

D) There is no introduction of General Grievous.

E) The Anakin/Padme stuff, while good and important material imho, does drag the movie down a bit.

F) Bad editing by Ben Burtt.

G) Too much of TPM and older Star Wars themes are reused. Very little new original music.

H) Underdeveloped friendship of Anakin/Palpatine....we really only have the one scene where the two of them are together.

I) Other important characters like Bail Organa are underdeveloped. Instead we focus on giving characters like Captain Typho (love him to death, but honestly) more lines of dialogue than Bail, only to have Typho disappear completely after the first act of the movie and only show up occasionally in ROTS.

There are many other reasons this movie is not a very good installment of the saga but those are just a few.

15. Chewbacca_11

Chewbacca_11 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 20, 2005

I 100% agree with you. If you watch episodes 1-6 (which im pretty sure most of you have:p) in a row, you will see.

Each episode has a part I dont like about it:

TPM: Jar Jar, Boss Nass

ATOC: That love story

ROTS: The immolation scene :_|

ANH: Vader vs. OB1 duel (I'm sorry, but after watchin the PT...)

ESB: Yoda's gone insane

ROTJ: There is now following movie...:mad:

16. evil-incarnate

evil-incarnate Jedi Youngling star 7

Jun 30, 2004
    I cant post ...

I like them all... [face_worried]

17. Lord-Wiz

Lord-Wiz Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2005
    AOTC by miles.

the only good part of that film is the interaction of r2 and 3po in the arena: "die jedi dogs. what am i saying?" etc. LMAO!

18. master_organa

master_organa Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 5, 2004
    Revenge of the Sith.
    I was having trouble picking between AOTC and it, because I don't really like either. But, ROTS completely failed at Vader's transformation, so I picked it.

19. Liesl

Liesl Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    It's a tie between TPM and AotC, but I chose TPM.
    I'm a sucker for a little romance, no matter how bad it is. :p

20. killthekilliks

killthekilliks Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 22, 2005
    TPM probably... cuase of the little kid, (what's his name?). Qui Gon dying. Maul dying etc... and Padme being so much older than that little annoying kid (what was his name again?) [face_laugh]

21. iLoveAnakin7

iLoveAnakin7 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 17, 2005
    I love them all, but AotC is my least favorite, which is funny because it used to be my favorite.

22. master_hard_bread

master_hard_bread Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 11, 2005
    Clones, I slept through half of it IN THEATRE! I did eventually see the rest on video, but it just a smoking pile of ****

Next would be Phantom, Jar Jar is retarded, the pod race lasted wayyyyy too long, although at first it was ok, and i was shocked by how boring the movie was overall, although I almost died watchin clones.

23. DARK__SITH__LORD

DARK__SITH__LORD Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 19, 2006
    Jedi or Phantom

24. DurronFan

DurronFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2005
    AOTC. The first time I saw it, I thought it was ok. Then I watched it again 6 months later and i thought, "How the hell did I ever like this film in the first place?!" I don't see how anybody could vote for Hope or Empire here, they're two of the best by far.

25. rogue_wookiee

rogue_wookiee Jedi Youngling star 6

Apr 24, 2004
    ESB. ANH. RotJ.................... TPM. RotS. AotC.

TPM is saved by Liam Neeson and Ray Park. RotS isn't quite as stupid in the plot.

As for AotC look at TheBoogieMan's post on page one.

I will never get over the stupid logic leaps. "I think Count Dooku is behind the attacks." WTH?!?!?!?! You are opposing building an army to fight his! Given your knowledge of the situation you would think he is one of the last people who would want you dead. :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.