main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO What is your most nostalgic star wars game?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Chancellor Yoda, Sep 5, 2014.

1. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Obi-Wan's Apparition Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 10, 2000
    A bunch of people have mentioned the SW arcade game and now I'm intrigued. It looks like it's included as an unlockable game in Rogue Squadron III but I only own the first two. :_|

2. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Jedi Knight. I vividly recall being blown away by the opening cut scene on Nar Shaddaa. That memory will likely stay with me longer than seeing the opening crawl of Episode VII.

TKT, Ender Sai and D.A. McCoy like this.
  3. Beautiful_Disaster

Beautiful_Disaster Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2005
    Super Return of the Jedi..that's the first game I remember playing and was always a favorite.
    I also loved Masters of Teras Kasi, although some didn't, I guess. Also TPM and ROTS were a lot of fun. I liked killing the residents of Mos Espa and then having Anakin tell me "I would never help a murderer like you!" [face_whistling]

4. Vezner

Vezner Force Ghost star 5

Dec 29, 2001
    By far, it's Tie Fighter. That game was one of the most immersive and entertaining games ever, let alone a Star Wars game. I feel bad for any Star Wars fan that didn't get to experience. Being a part of Thrawn's (or Vader's, for that matter) fleet and doing missions for the Empire was very memorable.

Watching this clip really takes me on a trip down memory lane (especially around the 6 minute mark):

BTW, totally off topic, but I wish they could somehow put Thrawn into the new Star Wars movies. Better yet, have Jason Isaacs play Thrawn! There's a fanboy's wet dream for me. :p

5. Nincompoop

Nincompoop Jedi Youngling

May 23, 2014
    Mine would be The Force Unleashed Star Wars game. Loved it at the time.

6. Eternity85

Eternity85 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 24, 2008
    Knights of the Old Republic

I will never forget this epic journey.

7. sharkymcshark

sharkymcshark Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 12, 2013
    Jedi Knight II. It was my final year of primary school and we'd all just discovered how to pirate games so I spent a stupid amount of time playing the multiplayer.

(I have since actually bought it)

8. REJECTED

REJECTED Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 3, 2014
    Well, there's two.

1: Star Wars Galactic Battlegrounds. I remember getting a burned copy from my dads cousin and playing it for hours and hours when I was around 6 years old. Such a great game. I was never really good at it, but I kind of "roleplayed" with the different squads I made.

2: Jedi Knight II. Sometimes when I came to work with my dad when I was younger (also around 6 years old) I would be allowed to download the demo, so I just played that again and again.

D.A. McCoy likes this.
  9. The Admiral Snackbar

The Admiral Snackbar Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 3, 2014
    Star Wars Battlefront for sure.

D.A. McCoy and SithLordPat like this.
  10. SithLordPat

SithLordPat Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 30, 2005

This guy lived my childhood.

I remember going to the store with my grandma, where she bought me Rogue Squadron. I spent many, many hours playing my Nintendo 64 piloting various Rebel fighters. As for Shadows...I have two copies somehow, and obtained a mint copy from Japan. That kinda kickstarted my Star Wars games collection.

11. StrikerKOJ

StrikerKOJ Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 21, 2014

You win the thread. Thank you for that video, brought back so many good memories. I love Admiral Zarin's scream as he enters hyperspace.

12. D.A. McCoy

D.A. McCoy Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 6, 2014
    Oh man, Rogue Squadron (My first flight game, got a joystick with it and it was incredible), Star Wars Starfighter, Star Wars Episode I Racer, The Episode I Video Game (specifically the demo, as I never actually had the game as a kid. I bought it used a couple of years ago though, Bounty Hunter, Jedi Knight Dark Forces II. So many great Star Wars games from my childhood, and I never beat any of them! I'm actually making an effort to complete all the SW games I still own before VII comes out. I just finished Dark Forces for the first time a couple of days ago, now I'm almost done with Jedi Knight. I tried installing Rogue Squadron but I couldn't get it to run in Windows 7. I also love Battlefront but it's not really nostalgic for me since I played it constantly from 2005 until about a year ago when I switched to Battlefield 4 in preparation for the DICE Battlefront. If you ever feel Battlefront II getting stale, modding it out is a great way to give it new life. I have so many maps in my copy, including the original BF maps, so it's always a lot of fun.

13. TheRevanchist

TheRevanchist Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 13, 2012
    KOTOR. My favorite game of all time, which among other things, refound my love both for Star Wars and for video games in general.

Random Comments likes this.
  14. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Jedi Outcast. Played it during my first week of college, before I gathered up enough courage to leave the dorm and make friends. Very vivid experience still, game will always be special to me.

Life and D.A. McCoy like this.
  15. sharkymcshark

sharkymcshark Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 12, 2013
    How did I forget Shadows of the Empire? Also Rogue Squadron, Rogue Leader and Podracer.

Life likes this.
  16. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Star Wars, the arcade cabinet game. :D

But without a doubt, the trifecta of classic SW gaming is comprised of TIE Fighter, Dark Forces 2: Jedi Knight and KOTOR.

17. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    The Phantom Menace probably. It's definitely not the oldest I played but it was one of my most played as a kid. Brings the feels.

Ender Sai likes this.
  18. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    I would say:

Rebel Assault I and II - this was an event in gaming and I played the hell out of both.

Dark Forces I and II - the sequel Jedi Outcast, and it's unrelated sequel Academy, were visually impressive but narratively stupid, which is right considering their release after the prequels. But DF I and II are great stories, great games, and so inherently Star Wars for me.

Rebellion - This is just the best. Ever.

19. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    I only played Rebel Assault 2 and definitely played the hell out of it. But ye gods, if some people think that the acting in the live action scenes in DF2 was garbage, it was definitely Shakespeare compared with the scenes in Rebel Assault 2.

Ender Sai likes this.
  20. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Both RA2 and DF2:JK had acting that is scientifically proven to be a billion percent better than the prequels.

Also, lol @ people having Battlefront or The Farce Unleashed as their answer.

StrikerKOJ likes this.
  21. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    I actually have RA2 for the PS1, but without a light gun I can't handle the ground sections and I am not exactly very good at the space sections.

22. squir1y

squir1y Jedi Master star 3

Feb 1, 2003
    Jedi Knight and X-Wing Alliance were probably the two big ones. Honorable mentions include Shadows of the Empire, The Phantom Menace video game and Rogue Squadron.

23. Death_Jar_Jar

Death_Jar_Jar Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 30, 2014
    The first KOTOR

24. roguesquadpod

roguesquadpod Jedi Youngling

Aug 13, 2014
    Star Wars Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast was a great game. It started out as a first person shooter but once you get your lightsaber from Luke it becomes one of the best games you'll ever play. KOTOR of course as well, KOTOR still remains to this day as my favorite game of all time. KOTOR is a Star Wars Fan's dream game. It's got everything you could ask for.

25. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Well, how about a consolation prize?

Truth! Nothing inspires the Rebellion to wet their pants more than a Death Star backed up by an Interdictor Cruiser or two, with a metric crap-ton of Lancer Frigates running screen [face_skull]