main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit What is your pre-Episode VII reading to-do list?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Dak Oolron, Jul 30, 2014.

1. Cheerios4u98

Cheerios4u98 Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 4, 2015
    Just finished Weapon of a Jedi last night. Now I just have to read Moving Target and Battlefront: Twilight Company and I'll be all caught up on the new canon books before the movie comes out!

After I read those I'm gonna go back and read the older EU books I missed out on. I'm going to read the novelizations of ESB and RotJ, and then read the Lando Calrissian trilogy.

Dak Oolron likes this.
  2. IG_2000

IG_2000 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 5, 2008
    Not specifically Star Wars, but SyFy's The Expanse comes out the same week as The Force Awakens, based on the novel series by James S.A. Corey (who wrote SW: Honor Among Thieves). I've heard nothing but great things about the pilot and the books. I just picked up the first book, Leviathan Wakes. Anybody else read it?

[​IMG]

Duguay likes this.
  3. Duguay

Duguay Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 30, 2002
    Not yet, but it's been in my to be read pile...now I'm almost out of time. See my posts at the end of the last page...a wall of text (that took me quite some time to type out) about Survivor's Quest that quickly got overtaken by the start of a new page. :p

Dak Oolron likes this.
  4. Zorkel567

Zorkel567 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2010
    My current aim is to finally read Crucible, and maybe try to read through Legacy. After that, I want to switch over and read Shattered Empire and Aftermath before The Force Awakens.

Dak Oolron likes this.
  5. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Obi-Wan's Apparition Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 10, 2000
    I think I'll try to reread the original Marvel comics before the movie comes out. Just because they are so delightful.

Dak Oolron likes this.
  6. mattman8907

mattman8907 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2012
    I wanna try to get through twilight company sometime this week. But I also wanna re-read lost stars and aftermath. As well as shattered empire

Dak Oolron likes this.
  7. Jedi Master Scorpio

Jedi Master Scorpio Star Wars Television star 5 Staff Member Manager

Oct 24, 2015
    I've read all of the novels that are new canon now. So I am now left with collecting the comic book portions. I'm not the biggest comic book fan, but I guess now is as good a time to start.

Dak Oolron likes this.
  8. patrickurrutia

patrickurrutia Jedi Master star 1

Feb 14, 2007
    I have alot of Star Wars books to read both old and new. Im a slow reader where im still reading the last few chapters of Revenge of the Sith.

Books I still need to read

Imperial 501st aka the last Republic Commando novel
    Tarkin hardcover. planning on reading it for the 2nd time
    Lost Stars hardcover. dunno whenever Ill get to it.
    i might buy Aftermath if its still in hardcover
    Kenobi
    Scoundrels
    Razor's Edge
    Truce at Bakura
    Jedi academy trilogy
    courtship of princess leia
    crystal star
    the Fate of the Jedi series
    Crucible

non Star Wars stuff
    Dune: Chapterhouse of Dune
    David Drake's Lord of the Isles series
    Wheel of Time series. All of it. even bought books 11 and 12 from a Dollar General store from the past year

Dak Oolron likes this.
  9. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Just gotta finish Lost Stars and I am good to go! (and whatever other Marvel comics are down the pike)

My immediate post TFA reading is going to be "Before the Awakening" As in, I see the movie on the 17th, got out and buy that book on the 18th, see the movie again that night and at least put a dent in "Before the Awakening".

Dak Oolron likes this.
  10. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Took me awhile to bring myself to go through the Aftermath. And now I'm back on NJO re-read.

Dak Oolron likes this.
  11. Orman Tagge

Orman Tagge Jedi Master star 4

Apr 10, 2014
    College is kicking my ass so I've had a lot less time than I expected. At this point, I just want to get through the new canon before the movie, and even that may be a bit ambitious. That means Lost Stars, Smuggler's Run, Moving Target, and Aftermath, plus those short stories. I'm a little conflicted about those, actually, since I really want the hardcover collection but I also want to read them before the movie comes out. Just finished Twilight Company today, which was far better than it had any right to be.

I also, since I won't be able to go see the movie right on the opening day, will probably try to read all of "Before the Awakening" right beforehand.

Dak Oolron likes this.
  12. Fettster

Fettster Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 7, 2003
    Currently working on the canon comics, while reading some of the younger-targeted books to my six-year-old son at bedtime. I've read most of the novels, save Twilight Company and Dark Disciple (which is going to have to wait, as we're not remotely close to done with Clone Wars).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dak Oolron likes this.
  13. Dak Oolron

Dak Oolron Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 24, 2014
    While Aftermath was a decent book, definitely don't stress over finishing it before you see TFA in theaters. While it is likely setting up stuff for the Battle of Jakku (which we'll likely read about in the last book of the trilogy), it doesn't seem to have any directly-connected content to the movie itself. Which was kind of a bummer when I realized it as I was reading... :p

Dagobahsystem likes this.
  14. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2014
    I am behind quite a but on my cannon, but my immediate TDL consists of Aftermath and The Perfect Weapon although Battlefront and many others are on my reading list for next year. I had a busy year in that regard this year.

Dak Oolron likes this.
  15. Dak Oolron

Dak Oolron Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 24, 2014
    Any last-minute reading in the final days leading up to TFA? I've been bored today in my self-imposed exile from the SA forum (and Facebook, until I've seen it Thursday), lol.

16. Maythe14thBeWithYou

Maythe14thBeWithYou Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2014
    I probably won't get around to seeing TFA till next weekend (I don't have anyone who'll take me since I don't drive) so I was thinking of picking up Moving Target, Smuggler's Run, and The Weapon of A Jedi before then, I can get one of them done by then if I do. I read Aftermath and liked it. I liked the new characters and the interludes were awesome. I got one JTTFA down so that's not bad I suppose though. I'm psyched for the movie though and will have a busy year catching up on Cannon next year, both novels and comics, which I'm also excited for.

Dak Oolron likes this.