1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events: Supanova: Adelaide (21-23rd November) | Brisbane (28th-30th November)

FF:NZ What ISP are you with?

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Star_Rocker, Nov 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Star_Rocker Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm with ihug and I'm getting fed up with it. The connection has been cutting out a lot lately. Yesterday it was out for nearly the whole day.

So who are you with, and how's the service?
  2. YouAgain Force Ghost

star 5
    Slingshot, awesome broadband plans, nice and speedy cheap to buy more bandwidth!
  3. solo77 Force Ghost

star 5
    TelstaClear cable broadband.

Kicks Xtra but the cable does. Got a good deal with phone and internet so very happy
  4. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
  5. Star_Rocker Force Ghost

star 4
    Yea I looked at Orcon, their Zeroshock + Max Down/Max Up Plan sounds really good, I think. But I'm just going to compare with everyone else first.
  6. SithForceLord Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I'm with Orcon too, but giving my account to JP's mother-in-law as I've shifted flat and there's already broadband here... not sure who it's with, something weird...

7. zacparis VIP

star 7
    Is NZ broadband out of the dark ages yet? I keep getting horror stories from my dad and brother, about caps and extra charges and slow speeds and general annoyance. It's annoying cause they always use it as an excuse not to play online games with me. [face_plain]
  8. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    That's XTRA. There's still a Telecom initiated friggin' upload speed limit across all ISPs using Telecom's lines of 128kpbs, which is ridiculous. I'm on a 2mbps download plan, I think a 5GB/month data cap, but if I go over, I get a further 5GB for an additiona $10 or something.

So it's getting better, Orcon's got plans for a 20mbps service which will also deliver TV as soon as Telecom unbundles the local loop.
  9. solo77 Force Ghost

star 5
    Yeah, that's why i love the Telstar cable =P~
  10. zacparis VIP

star 7
    When I first got here, AOL was the only one offering an unlimited cap for £15 a month, now they pretty much all offer unlimited service. I think BT went through the same thing here, when the government made them open up all the lines to other companies.
  11. Kitt327 Jedi Master

star 4
    Xtra, Ihug, Slingshot and Orcon all have max upload speed plans (up to 800kbps).
  12. jp-30 Manager Emeritus

star 9
    At what price? Last I looked those business plans were ~$2000 month.
  13. Star_Rocker Force Ghost

star 4
    No around $80 a month actually.
  14. SithForceLord Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    My new flat here is with Inspire apparently... pretty reliable so far :)
  15. Mr_Burns Force Ghost

star 4
    Xtra's maximum-speed upload plan is $49.95 for Telecom customers, but it only has a 2GB data cap. Slingshot has one for the same price with a 3GB cap ($10 extra for customers who aren't on their phone plans). With tolls, Orcon has one for $49.95 with a 5GB cap ($59.95 without tolls; add $10 for a 15GB cap). Ihug's is $80 with a 20GB cap when you're on their phone plans.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.