main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

~What It All Means~ A post Rebel Stand vignette (Kyp and Jaina, no duh!)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Jedi_Jaina_Durron, Aug 9, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 1, 2001
    okay, this is my first vignette I've ever written, so I hope I did an okay job...

I?m kinda getting sick of Jag and Jaina so I thought I?d write this little vignette?

I?m of the opinion that Jaina was totally in denial while she and her lap-dog-on-a-leash and a very yummy Jedi Master were having their little picnic conversation on the roof. Hence, this fic?

It?s set shortly after Rebel Stand, btw.
    --------------------------------------------------

Jaina sighed and sat down on the edge of the roof of the hanger, letting her legs swing free over the edge. It was just after sunset, and a few splashes of color still streaked the sky in front of her. Behind her, though, the sky was a dark blue, and a few stars had come out. She loved this time of day?or night, whichever category you wanted to place it in. It was magic, in a way. She remembered so many times on Yavin 4 with her brothers, climbing to the top of the Great Temple, sitting what felt like miles over the jungle, watching the sun set. They hadn?t talked much in those times, there wasn?t any need to. But she knew that she?d never felt so one with them.

Her brothers.

She stared up into the stars, drinking them in. Somehow, when she looked at them, it didn?t hurt so bad. For every pinpoint of light, there were billions of people. Billions. She?d lost two of the most important people in the galaxy to her, but there were still trillions more out there. Once, all those people had been free. Now they weren?t. The galaxy was being slowly eaten by the Vong. Her brothers had died to stop that. That was the way they would have wanted to die, she knew that. That made it a bit easier. She knew that she would give her life fighting for the freedom of those countless trillions of beings she?d never met and probably never would. Like Jacen and Anakin.

She felt a very familiar presence approach her. ?Hello, Kyp,? she said. She was a bit annoyed at having her solitude invaded, but this was Kyp. He was present all the time in the part of her mind that belonged to him anyways.

She didn?t turn around, but she could feel him, staring up at the sky as well. ?Hi,? he said.

?Did you need something?? she asked.

?No.? He sat down behind her and took her shoulder in his strong hands, and began massaging them. ?You?re awfully tight.?

She was really tight and it felt really good. ?Jag wouldn't like it if he found you doing this,? she said, closing her eyes.

?Screw Jag. It?s me. It?s not like anything?s going to happen, right??

?Right.? She felt a twinge of disappointment at that comment, and she wondered whether it came from her or from Kyp. It was so hard to tell sometimes, when all their barriers were down, as now.

Their Force-bond was incredibly deep, deeper than any she could have imagined, outside of her own with Jacen. But that was gone now, and though this could never replace it, it was the one she had. It had developed slowly, not all in one moment, the way Aunt Mara said hers with Luke had. It was an accumulation of all they had been through together in the past year, and had grown so much after he had dragged her, kicking and screaming, back from the Dark Side. You couldn?t go through something like that with someone, and not have some sort of depth of relationship.

She really wasn?t sure how she felt about the whole thing though. They weren?t Master and apprentice anymore, that was for sure. And the whole ?partners? thing had her really confused. If someone told her a year ago that she would be this close to Kyp Durron, she would have laughed in their face. But now it seemed natural, as natural as the one with Jacen, yet remarkably different.

He quit his ministrations and settled down beside her. ?What were you thinking about?? he asked. ?You were so?serious.?

She snorted. ?Like you don?t know. You know exactly what?s going on inside my head.?

?All right. Fine. I do. But I try not to invade your privacy. Especially when you feel like that.?

She leaned back on her elbows. ?I was thinking about my brothers.?

2. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    Awww, how cute! Me like! Me really, really like! Screw Jag! :D Kyp and Jaina forever! [face_love]

Dana

3. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Dec 1, 2001
    I knew you would like it, but that makes me happy! Thank you! :D

4. Jedida

Jedida Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    I am definately a Jag fan, but I have to admit that this was a really cute story. First of all, its one the few Jaina/Kyp's that doesn't kill or totally diss Jag. Second, it was really cute. Really :).

But Jag's still better :D

5. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Dec 1, 2001
    You can like JAg all you want. But Kyp is better. ;)

Thank you! I'm glad you thought so! And I'm really not one for Jag torture, believe it or not. I tend to torture Kyp more...

6. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Well, of course you knew I'd like it. I certainly make no secret about my preferences. :D

Actually, I like the stories that don't kill Jag, as well. Mild dissing is okay, but I do happen to like Jag as a character. Just not with Jaina.

Dana

7. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    Hey, I liked it, JJD!! :D That was so cute in the end with "Screw Jag!" [face_laugh] Loved it! [face_love]

Jae Angel

8. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Dec 1, 2001
    Dana- Yeah, I don't keep my preferences secret either! 8-}

Narundi- I'm glad you liked it! Thank you!

9. Jedida

Aug 3, 2002
    Actually, I think you Kyp/Jaina people probably have to put up with a lot of crap from us Jaina/Jag people. The thing is, I actually have alot of K/J stories bookmarked because they're pretty good. Though, I have to admit, sometimes I replace Kyp's name with Jag's in my head while I'm reading them :).

10. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Dec 1, 2001
    lol! Yes, Kyp tends to get more abuse than Jag. Most Kyp people actually like Jag okay. Like me! I think he's a pretty good character, and I really dug him in the picnic scene.

11. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    That's probably one of the reasons I hated the picnic scene, because Jag was so likable. To paraphrase Kyp, it's be easier if I disliked him. :) Oh, wait, no, for me, it can't get any easier. :D

You ever notice how we use J/K to mean Jaina and Kyp, and other people use it for Just Kidding . . . ? Draw your own conclusions from THAT!

Of course, JJD, you don't hide your preferences. It's in your NAME! :D

Dana

12. Leah-Beth

Leah-Beth Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    I'm a J/J person, but sometimes, I'll check out a K/J viggie, like I did here. And I really liked it. It was nice and enjoyable. Believe me, I have nothing against K/J, I just prefer J/J better. But, all that is to say: Great job!!

13. Jedida

Aug 3, 2002
    The thing with Jag is that for a while, he didn't have much character, plus he disappeared for a long while. Meanwhile, you got Kyp, who's this strong character taht you already could do a lot with. Its only been recently that they've actually been developing Jag, and there are a lot of really good Jaina/Jag fics out there that are just awesome. And I definately agree, the picnic scene is probably my favorite Jag scene.
    I guess the only pairing I really don't like is Jaina/Zekk. For some reason I never really liked Zekk. He was okay during YJK, but I just... don't like him. Whatever. Thats just me. :)

14. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Dec 1, 2001
    Dana- Yeah, you're right! It is in my name. As for the j/k thing...LOL! [face_laugh] I'd never considered that!

Leah-Beth I'm glad you read it! Thank you! Thank you!

Jedida- I agree!

15. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    Boy, I wish people were posting like this in my viggie. No hard feelings. :)

Dana

16. Zara_Rose

Zara_Rose Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2002
    I'll make it no secret that I prefer J/J as a combination. BUT, I like Kyp better than either of them. As far as I'm concerned, Kyp is too good for Jaina; Jag suits her.

I liked your vignnie; it was cute.

17. Jade243

Jade243 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    Great fic, JJD! :D

What's really strange is that I'm J/J person, yet in my first fic, I have K/J 8-} I can really go either way 8-}

18. Kathryn

Kathryn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2002
    Excellent JJD. Yup, you know I'm a J/J person, but that doesn't mean I'm totally closed to anything else. That was realy sweet and well written.

19. Jedi_Jaina_Durron

Dec 1, 2001
    Dana- Yours is wonderful! I really enjoyed it! And yeah, every once in a while, I wish people would post on my fics the way they do on Mira's...

Zara_Rose- I'm actually beginning to agree with you. Jaina's been really, really annoying lately, and I like Kyp better with my original character Kei anyways! Thanks!

Jade- Thanks! Yeah, I find that funny too! But I have J/J together in Fall into the Sky.

Kathryn- Thank you! Very much! As for the 'not being closed to everything else' I agree. I mean, I'm not going to stop reading NJO if Jaina never ends up with Kyp. Now, if they kill Kyp off, that's a different story...

20. jags_gurl

jags_gurl Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2002
    that was cute! nice lil story, JJD! :) even if i prefer J/J, it was great! :D

21. ratherkissawookie

ratherkissawookie Jedi Master star 3

Feb 17, 2002
    Hey Firecracker, that was great! See ya later!

22. Dantana Skywalker

Apr 7, 2002
    I just get people going, "That was great. Post more." And I don't get anything constructive!

Just thought I'd let you know, if it'll fit, I'm putting "Screw Jag" into my sig. :D

Dana

23. flying_fishi

flying_fishi Jedi Knight star 6

Mar 26, 2002
    I?m of the opinion that Jaina was totally in denial while she and her lap-dog-on-a-leash and a very yummy Jedi Master were having their little picnic conversation on the roof. Hence, this fic?

We know you know she was in denial ;) Yes, her and her schnauzer... :p

...a very yummy Jedi Master...
    My current obsession is with Legolas! [face_love] I can't even take screenshots off the DVD! :_|

Back on the subject... very nice vingegar :D I approve ;)

24. Runaway_Shadow

Runaway_Shadow Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    Owww!

Wow

[face_blush] That was good!

Too bad it's just one post!

25. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    Hehe, I'm also a well-known Jaina/Kyp fan who has Jaina/Jag in HER fic! :p How weird is that?

I actually think that it doesn't matter which pairing you have as long as it's interesting. That's what makes me read a story. The pairing only draws my attention if I see it specified in the title. :)

Jae Angel

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.