main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What JCers Are You Most Looking Forward to Meet at C3?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by -_-_-_-_-_-, Mar 22, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_- Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 28, 2002
    I'm probably going to end up going alone and won't know many JCers right off, which kinda makes me nervous since I am the kind of person who is reserved when they are in a new place and won't know anyone. Not to mention that I usually avoid approaching anyone unless I know them beforehand. I'll need some help.

2. Maulfly

Maulfly Moderator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    It might help it you've already seen pics of some of your JC friends. That way, you'll recognize each other (or at least, you'll recognize them) at C3 and it might make it easier to approach them. :D

3. Bobafemme

Bobafemme FF Jedi Council Member, Chicago IL RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 25, 2000
    Or you can read badges of fellow line-mates. You'll have plenty of time to do that. Then, when someone yells, "quit staring at my boobs!" You can just tell them you were trying to figure out if they were a JC/FF person.

4. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    [face_laugh] Funny, Bobafemme.

I think the badges are an awesome idea. I've seen pictures of some of my friends, but not all of them, and it would be a shame to be in the same place at the same time but miss one another because you didn't know.

5. zuckuss1138

zuckuss1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 26, 2001
    dash, im the same way most of the time. i dont often go up to people i dont know and chat. but an easy way to avoid not meeting people is to arrange some meetings before hand. make some plans here on the boards to meet people maybe the day before the con and go out to eat or something. that way you wont have to go up to them since you'll be meeting eachother.

6. Night4554

Night4554 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 9, 2000
    //pokes Maulfly

Sometimes people don't follow up on the plans to meet.

//pokes her again

;) :p

I like doing name badges or maybe T-Shirts if you so choose. And I forsee many long hotel room nights hanging out.

¤Night

7. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Then, when someone yells, "quit staring at my boobs!" You can just tell them you were trying to figure out if they were a JC/FF person.

well, of course I was checking to see if you were a JC/FF person... [face_mischief]

8. Tabula Rasa

Tabula Rasa Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 8, 1998
    My fellow Outlaws and close JC friends come first... But I'll have a drink with anyone and everyone that I recognize from the boards, or get recognized by.

9. hofie

hofie Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 12, 2002
    Gabe, I'm Hofie, and I like to drink. I'll be at the Best Western that weekend if you'll be partaking in oat soda action. That pretty much goes for anyone ;)

10. DarthLucanas

DarthLucanas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 22, 2003
    I will always have a drink with a fellow SW fan anytime. Noboby should drink alone.
    But if you have a drink with me, all my other JC friends who will be there will not want to be left out so I suggest a nice big drink get together for the JC crew.

11. goldbubbly

goldbubbly Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 5, 2002
    i'm guessing the legal drinking age would be enforced?

12. -_-_-_-_-_-

-_-_-_-_-_- Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 28, 2002
    Most likely.

Luckily for me, I turn 21 this November so I can indulge in a few late night drinks with my fellow JCers in Indy.

13. zuckuss1138

Oct 26, 2001
    how old are you gold?

14. goldbubbly

goldbubbly Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 5, 2002
    too lazy to click the profile link?

I'm 19, i'll be 20 at CIII.

I've learned as a college student ways to get alcohol, it's not like the party organizers would be selling the booze is it? Would it be more b.y.o.b.?

15. zuckuss1138

Oct 26, 2001
    too lazy to click the profile link?

yep :D

i dont want to get in trouble, i did last time i talked about this, but im sure you could get alchohol here too. probably not as easily as college but it can be done. or we could drink shirly temples

16. Maulfly

Maulfly Moderator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2001
    //pokes Maulfly

Sometimes people don't follow up on the plans to meet.

//pokes her again

Hey now, I was lucky I remembered half of the people I was going to say "hi" to as it was. :p

17. darth_keladry

darth_keladry Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2004
    I will be going alone. Everyone I know in real life isn't enough of a SW fan to go through all the trouble of traveling from Los Angeles to Indianapolis for the weekend.

*sniff - wiping a tear away here*

I am looking forward to meeting any of my fellow fanfic writers, especially the folks who frequent the Obi-Wan Character Workshop thread.

18. Mara_Jade_Fan

Mara_Jade_Fan Jedi Knight star 6

Feb 1, 2002
    I can't narrow it down to any one individual. I want to meet as many fanforce members from all the different chapters that I can.

Just yesterday, I was standing on Hollywood Blvd. in Los Angeles wearing my TIE fighter pilot costume along with fellow 501st members, and this young woman comes running across the street. Turns out she was with the Toronto Fanforce chapter. That was totally unexpected that I would meet her in Hollywood of all places.

[said like Jango]It is always a pleasure to meet a Fanforce member. :D

19. vadersfist

vadersfist Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 25, 2001
    I'll be introducing myself to all the girls in Star Wars-related bikini costumes.

20. zuckuss1138

Oct 26, 2001
    i only saw one the entire weekend last time.

21. hofie

hofie Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 12, 2002
    really? I saw like 3, not to mention arena padmes, which might as well be in metal bikinis.

22. zuckuss1138

Oct 26, 2001
    i saw a couple arena padmes, but i dont think i saw any with the exposed midriff. anyway, yeah only one leia :( i hope to see alot more next time :D

23. Darth_Glymmer

Darth_Glymmer Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 18, 2002
    I'll bring you a Shiner (the beer, not the black and blue kind over the eye), Dags.

I would try and recognize other JCers by their picture but for some reason I don't think some people were entirely honest with theirs.

At any rate, who wants to be me a nice malt beverage?

24. Schph_Gochi

Schph_Gochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2002
    Badges are a great idea Femme...
    and my boobs are kinda small....
    so they won't be looking AT them...
    but
    FOR them

:D

but not sure how much weight my neck can hold....
    lol...
    let's see....
    need badge for FF
    need badge for Rebel Legion
    need badge for Jedi Assembly
    need badge for 501st

I suppose I can put it all on one...that is the good thing about having the same board name for all of the groups I am a member of....
    the same unpronounceable name

:D

25. r2fu2

r2fu2 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2004
    When not in costume why not have patches made so if you belong to a number of these organizations you can have them visually represented.

Personally, I would like to meet as many people as possible, but that is only because you can never have to many friends.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.