main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What Jedi Class Is Quinlan Vos

Discussion in 'Literature' started by snelson, Feb 9, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snelson

snelson Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 21, 2005
    i was wondering wich class quin was he weilded a green lightsaber he must be a consular

2. 000

000 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
    Classes don't have any bearing outside of games.

3. whiskers

whiskers Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2005
    This really belongs in the RPG forum, but according to this article, he's a Jedi Guardian.

4. BobaMatt

BobaMatt TFN EU Staff star 7 VIP

Aug 19, 2002
    Yeah, I always sort of personally retcon it to figure that, once the Jedi began using Ilum crystals almost exclusively, the whole blade system thing got dropped.

Plus, even Jedi Classes switch up their lightsaber colors as things go along...

5. QuentinGeorge

QuentinGeorge Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 12, 2003
    Yeah, I always sort of personally retcon it to figure that, once the Jedi began using Ilum crystals almost exclusively, the whole blade system thing got dropped.

Unfortunately for that theory, the Jedi Guardians of the Exar Kun war were using blue, green and other coloured lightsabers, so the "guardians are blue, consulars are green" fad seems to have been popular only during the Jedi Civil War. ;)

6. 000

000 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
    I think it's safe to chalk consular/guardian/sentinel thing up to game mechanics, personally.

7. QuentinGeorge

Dec 12, 2003
    It was always intended that way, but the gits at Bioware decided to put it "in-game". :rolleyes:

8. 000

000 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
    What do you mean by that? That it's in the dialog?

9. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002

He acts more like a sentinel, environmentally covert.

Chaotic neutral berserker?

:oops:

10. Lord_Hydronium

Lord_Hydronium Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 11, 2002
    Think of it as, like you said, a fad. Like an offshoot of some KOTOR version of the New Age movement. Everyone had to have their own special lightsaber crystal to make their Force flow better or whatever. In five years, everyone looks back and laughs, like mood rings, or Tamagotchi. "Wait, I spent 1000 credits on a blue lightsaber crystal? What was I thinking back then?" In some storehouse you can probably find several dusty boxes of unsold "Official Jedi Lightsaber Crystals".

11. QuentinGeorge

Dec 12, 2003
    What do you mean by that? That it's in the dialog?

Yep.

Luckily, the Inside the Worlds of ROTS came up with far better terms - "Warrior Master" and "Sage Master".

12. 000

000 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 18, 2005
    Ah.

I don't think everything in game dialog is necessarily canon, though. For example, I doubt TIE pilots press "T" to target the nearest container, as my flight instructor told me to do, or that imperial officers use a holographic display to tell their soldiers where to move around, and use mouse clicks to move the camera angle, even though that's what Col. whatshisname told me. ;)

13. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    Captain Beri Tulon. And the BHCI was actually explained in-game in a way that made sense -- it's canonically an in-universe construct.

14. Rogue_Follower

Rogue_Follower Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 12, 2003
    And so is the Force Commander game manual. I love how they did that... [face_love]

15. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    Class of 95. They let him walk with the others, but he had to finish a class in summer school.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.