Rebels What Jedi do you want to see get Purged?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV' started by rdhight, May 9, 2014.

?

Who must fall to the Empire's sinister agents?

Ahsoka Tano 31 vote(s) 57.4%
Shaak Ti 17 vote(s) 31.5%
Quinlan Vos 15 vote(s) 27.8%
K'Kruhk 11 vote(s) 20.4%
Eeth Koth 16 vote(s) 29.6%
Kanan Jarrus 21 vote(s) 38.9%
Ezra Bridger 14 vote(s) 25.9%
Other non-Jedi Force users 15 vote(s) 27.8%
Other prequel/TCW Jedi 13 vote(s) 24.1%
Other EU figures -- Vergere, Mareks, etc. 10 vote(s) 18.5%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. rdhight Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    OK, let's get down to it. We've got some great candidates here for Jedi Purge victims. What Jedi should meet their final fate on-screen? And how can their deaths best be staged to entertain us, the heartless, popcorn-munching viewers at home? They've gotta die; they might as well die for our viewing pleasure.

While we're on the subject, who has the dramatic "right" to kill a fugitive Jedi in Rebels? Just Vader? Story-wise, is the Inquisitor allowed to kill a Jedi who had a background appearance in a prequel movie? Can a bounty hunter kill a Jedi? Stormtroopers? Random gunner on a Star Destroyer?
    whostheBossk likes this.
  2. K'Kruhk Force Ghost

star 3
    Sorry, but K'Kruhk and death aren't mutually compatible.
  3. DanielUK Force Ghost

star 4
    I'm going to assume majority of them are dead by the time of Rebels; but for the Inquisitor to be built as this generations Darth Vader, he needs a body count - and it cannot just be Imperial officers.
  4. TiniTinyTony Force Ghost

star 5
    If there are any Jedi throughout the galaxy, they are most likely non practicing, like Kanan, to protect their identity. If they were active, like Kanan eventually becomes, then I think they would draw a lot of attention and be easier to find and kill. They no longer have the backing of the Order or the Republic.

With that said, what Jedi will get purged? I'm assuming it'll be a small amount if any. I believe the series will follow our Rebels like the OT followed Luke/Leia/Han.
    Last edited by TiniTinyTony, May 9, 2014
  5. TaradosGon Manager Emeritus

star 4
    I'd hope that we see some Jedi purged, even if they are just original characters. And I'd hope that Vader steps in and kills some, eventually. The purge, like Filoni often mentioned in regards to TCW's mention in ANH, is something that gets mentioned, but that we never saw. And it's explicitly mentioned that Vader helped the Empire hunt down the Jedi, while in Rebels Filoni is putting forward the notion that hunting down Kanan is beneath him and is instead left to his inquisitor.

I would hope that we might see at least the Inquisitor find some success (and have it be shown) in hunting down Jedi, to really set the stage for what the surviving Jedi have to live with every day in being hunted, rather than the Inquisitor pursuing Kanan and Ezra without success for the entire show. And it might be a couple seasons down the road, but I definitely think that Vader needs to be involved.

I have my suspicions that Kanan will die as the other Jedi mentors of the films all do. But I can't say whether the would kill him off in the first season or not. If he survives a season or two and evades the Inquisitor successfully, then perhaps Vader is the next tier up that steps in and manages to kill him.
    AkshayTheJedi, whostheBossk and TKT like this.
  6. DanielUK Force Ghost

star 4
    Kanan was a former Padawan prior to Order 66. I suspect Vader doesn't waste his time with Padawans and leaves them to the Inquisitor. Former Knights and Masters are Vader's main targets (I suspect majority our dead by the time of Rebels).

I do feel, though, Kanan will survive a battle with the Inquisitor and draws the attention of Vader.
  7. TrandoJedi Force Ghost

star 4
    No Vos death plz. Go into hiding and love peaceful life, yes plz.

Indeed.
    spicer and K'Kruhk like this.
  8. Darth Valkyrus Force Ghost

star 4
  9. JackG Force Ghost

star 4
    I would hope that Shaak Ti would die only by the hand of Vader. She has more lightsaber élan than this Inquistor.
  10. Darth_Pevra Chosen One

star 5
    He armor, she bath robe and flip flops. Yea, going with the inquisitor there.
  11. Darth Valkyrus Force Ghost

star 4
    Well, she almost killed Starkiller who was like a l33t wallh4x Dark Apprentice.

At least, before the Disneycaust she did that. I'm not sure if she's still as badass. I think she was the most powerful female in the order though, the female Mace as it were. Correct me if I'm wrong...
  12. anakinfansince1983 Chosen One

star 7
    "Wipe them out. All of them."

...aw, come on, that was too easy.
  13. Darth_Pevra Chosen One

star 5
    *shrug*
    She's just a random council member to me. And we saw how fast those go down in ROTS.
  14. Mr. Atom Bomb Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    Admittedly I'd love to see Shaak Ti go out in a duel with Vader now that all her other deaths are *officially* non-cannon. She's my favorite PT background Jedi thanks to the original Clone Wars show- that duel with the magnaguards in the train shaft was absolutely mind blowing back when I was 13. She deserves a great death for that alone.
    Last edited by Mr. Atom Bomb, May 10, 2014
  15. JackG Force Ghost

star 4
    I predict Eeth Koth will bite it in this Sons of Dathomir comic.
  16. Revanfan1 Chosen One

star 5
    I think they should all already be dead. Besides, I don't actually want to see any of them die onscreen. Is it necessary? Yeah, but most of them should already be dead by now anyways, so I doubt it'll be a problem. But I admit, a Shaak Ti vs. Vader fight would be insanely cool.
  17. Nexumaster Force Ghost

star 4
    Shaak Ti getting a canonical death (despite the fact that I like the character) would be good; it always seemed like they couldn't make up their mind about her fate so it's about time they do it.
    Darth_Pevra likes this.
  18. DanielUK Force Ghost

star 4
    There should be a flash back of Vader's raid on the Jedi Temple. Would allow Rebels to kill off so many Jedi at once; helps to remind the audience why Kannan is the only member of the Order out in the open.
  19. K'Kruhk Force Ghost

star 3
    I already said this in another thread: even though it hasn't been officially stated, I think it's pretty clear that Shaak Ti's canonical death is by the hand of Darth Vader during Operation Knightfall, as shown in the Yoda arc. Yes, it was just a vision, but apart from Windu's posse she's the only Jedi whose death was singled out, this must have been done for a reason.

We can't have too many Council members surviving. Eeth Koth and Oppo Rancisis would have almost certainly been killed off in TCW before its cancellation. As for Coleman Kcaj... it's as you were.
  20. Vthuil Force Ghost

star 4
    Honestly, I think it'd be hilarious if Shaak Ti pulls a K'Kruhk - shows up randomly in the ST as a member of Luke's Jedi Order and survives the whole thing.

That's not a serious suggestion, though.
  21. Legolas Skywalker Force Ghost

star 6
  22. QuangoFett Force Ghost

star 4
    The targeting by the Empire of non-Jedi Force users like the Nightsisters and Bardottans would be interesting to delve into. Would it perhaps bring these groups around to seeing the Jedi as not so bad in spite of their past conflicts with them?

Kanan is the one individual on the list I'm most anticipating the demise of.
  23. TrandoJedi Force Ghost

star 4
    Well like her other deaths being non-canon, the train shaft duel you speak of that she deserves a great death for is also non-canon. :p

But I've always liked the idea of Grievous killing her as a form of revenge from that event in a way. Oh well, whatever happens will happen.
    Mr. Atom Bomb likes this.
  24. Jedi Knight Fett Force Ghost

star 4
    I say that Kanan is not going to last the show.
    Vader'sGoodHand and TaradosGon like this.
  25. JackG Force Ghost

star 4
    Well now I want that to happen.