main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series What Jedi do you want to see get Purged?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Dameron, May 9, 2014.

?

Who must fall to the Empire's sinister agents?

1. Ahsoka Tano

56.4%
  2. Shaak Ti

30.9%
  3. Quinlan Vos

27.3%
  4. K'Kruhk

20.0%
  5. Eeth Koth

30.9%
  6. Kanan Jarrus

38.2%
  7. Ezra Bridger

25.5%
  8. Other non-Jedi Force users

27.3%
  9. Other prequel/TCW Jedi

23.6%
  10. Other EU figures -- Vergere, Mareks, etc.

18.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    While we are at it: let’s bomb his little temple to the ground and let the Glow split the Hat in twain!

2. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    * Shaak Ti 14 vote(s) 33.3%
    * Quinlan Vos 10 vote(s) 23.8%
    * K'Kruhk 10 vote(s) 23.8%
    * Eeth Koth 13 vote(s) 31.0%
    * Kanan Jarrus 19 vote(s) 45.2%
    * Ezra Bridger 12 vote(s) 28.6%
    )
    Other prequel/TCW Jedi 11 vote(s) 26.2%

I voted for all the jedi above. You really can't just pick one can you? No need to see Ahsoka die, let's assume she dies on her own. As for "other prequel/TCW Jedi"? We have a list of the survivors and there really isn't a reason why each and EVERY ONE should have his/her death on an episode at the hands of the Inquisitor/Vader/ Or bounty hunters. This would give those of us who have waited since the PT to see the last of the Jedi fight till they become extinct...until they are "A New Hope"

3. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    I think the trouble is that this set some 14 years after ROTS. During that time whatever Jedi that survived Order 66 and the subsequent Inquisition would be quite few maybe a dozen or less. Plus now the Empire has access to all the tech and resources of the Republic and Jedi Temple where they can go after all force sensitives and detect those within the Empire, so the pool for possible Jedi padawans is quite low to non existent . Kanan stumbles upon Ezra by chance, or will of the force. Jedi without a padawan and that symbiotic relationship , they'll die off that much sooner.

It would be kinda silly and too convenient if all of a sudden Jedi starting popping up out like one Jedi is found each week. Out of the woodwork just to be killed off now that Kanan and The Ghost is cruising around. Plus they're supposed to be laying low hiding in exile as they're grossly outnumbered and many are getting old or just wayward. It would be nice the story called for it, like say Kanan gathered a group of remaining Jedi Knights for major stand against the Empire or a specific mission where many or all of them die fighting.

This series isnt Clone Wars so I dont know where they'll be crapping out Jedi all over plus I would say that also runs the major risk of ruining the narrative of the OT movies and Luke's storyline.

whostheBossk likes this.
  4. MrRC-Sev

MrRC-Sev Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 21, 2014
    I really want Ahsoka to die I only want to see her in one arc where she dies fighting stormtroopers. To save the main cast.

5. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    I'd prefer to see nearly all Jedi present in Rebels die in the Purge. This is an eradication after all. Too many survivors and it loses it's punch.

whostheBossk likes this.
  6. Jax_the_Admiral

Jax_the_Admiral Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 21, 2014
    Wow people really want Ahsoka dead huh. And how can people want Kanan dead? We barely know the guy lol. I say Eeth Koth should die though. He seems the least interesting.

7. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Nah. I want Ahsoka to live forever.

On a beach planet (the GFFA has beach planets, right?), toes in the sand, sipping daiquiris.

And wondering what happened to her Master. "I guess it's better that he died in the Purge. He really didn't like sand..."

8. Jax_the_Admiral

Aug 21, 2014
    That's not what I'm saying, but a characters death should have impact and purpose. Killing a character with a potential for great storylines just makes it seem like you're killing characters "just cause". Even George RR Martin keeps Tyrion and Daenerys alive.

9. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I wasn't serious.

As far as people wanting Kanan or Ahsoka dead...the purpose could be as simple as "all the Jedi except Obi-Wan, Yoda and Luke should be gone by the OT."

As I mentioned in another thread, I don't want any more "...but not really" addendums.

"When gone am I, the last of the Jedi will you be." ...but not really.

Cushing's Admirer likes this.
  10. Jax_the_Admiral

Aug 21, 2014
    I'm not averse to any character dying. I think any character can die and, if needed for story purposes, should die. No exceptions. What I don't want is for it to feel like a missed opportunity.

11. MrRC-Sev

Aug 21, 2014
    What excactly so good about ahsoka?

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  12. Jax_the_Admiral

Aug 21, 2014
    Meh, I guess Im really curious about what she's been up to since she left the jedi order. I also did like her arc from being bratty child into a more skilled and mature jedi. And then there's the vision on mortis... Eh, I have no ill will towards the character and see some potential in telling more of her story. I'd definitely like a dedicated comic with her as the main character (perhaps 20 issues?) maybe more grown up.

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  13. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    "When gone am I, the last of the Jedi will you be. Apart from others, few. list here, of names"

14. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    I feel bad for Yoda, now he's like a senile old coot.

15. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    As I've mentioned else where, there is a book coming out next year which implies Kanan is a Jedi Master in the title. IMHO, that would have huge implications if Kanan is still alive by RoTJ.

Link to book

16. MrRC-Sev

Aug 21, 2014
    I don't know the laws of coruscant but why would the jedi let a 16 year old girl just walk away shouldn't she be going to an orphanage like what happened to boba after his father died?

17. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Yea, maybe that could imply a future sense, as on the show he'll become a rebel leader and Jedi Master(to Ezra) during the first season. These two really cannot be around for ANH, maybe the show is supposed to last for 5 seasons(set 5 years before ANH) then a new show will take its place set at another time.

18. MrRC-Sev

Aug 21, 2014
    5 seasons is good, I wonder how the finale will be? Will the main cast sacrifice istself to save the the rebellion? IMO it should start right before ANH maybe a huge assault on a secret imperial facility that has the DSP they steal the plans put them in r2 and and r2 and leia go on the tantive iv and then we all know what happens next.

19. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I would actually be OK if they all sacrificed themselves to get the Death Star plans to Leia.

Better if one character dies off per season though so it's not a Battle of Hogwarts-style slew of character deaths at the end.

Which come to think of it, Rowling mostly did it right. She killed off a major character in books 5 and 6 before the epic finale.

I'd say the Star Wars movies had the right idea as well, with a character death in four out of six movies and not too many burning questions about character fates.

I mean, we had the EU and now the ST for the main OT characters, and as far as PT characters, Jar-Jar survived but nobody cares.

TCW just folded on itself instead of, you know, ending. And it's not like they didn't have enough warning.

Trebor Sabreon likes this.
  20. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Isn't the Jedi Purge over not too long after Ep. III? Or is it considered an ongoing thing? I was under the impression that was something that happened in the past by the time of Rebels and Ep. IV.

21. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    I have the impression by SW it is past, otherwise I believe from the end of Ep 2 through Rebels is likely to be the Purge period with between 3 and Rebels being the main portion.

22. MrRC-Sev

Aug 21, 2014
    To be honest I want a Vader and 501st ARC where they hunt jedi and rex should be in it

23. Cushing's Admirer

Jun 8, 2006
    I'd like to see the Purge as well. Thus far it's been pretty lacking in emotional impact.

24. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    Yeah we really hear more about it in Ep. IV than we see it in Ep. III which is absolutely not how GL had set it up in the OT...... And the little bit we do get is absurdly short. Seriously GL, like 15 seconds of Anakin killing people in the Jedi Temple really does not carry anything near its potential impact......

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  25. DANNASUK

Nov 1, 2012
    Good movie, highly recommend it. ;)

*crowd hisses* fine...fine, I'll get my coat