main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series What Jedi will appear in the TV series Rebels?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by StarWars2015, Oct 14, 2013.

1. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    My bigger concern is that he'd settle for no less than Ahsoka killing the Emperor.

Because who needs the OT anyway.

...nah, really, he won't kill her off. If she shows up in Rebels, she'll survive, so she can reappear in Episode X or something.

2. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    Ahsoka: "Your time is up, EvilButtFace!"
    Sidious: "What did you call me!?"
    Ahsoka: "I give everyone a cute nickname. Kinda my thing."
    Sidious: "Then you will die."
    Darth Sidious unleashes a torrent of Force Lightning that disintegrates Ahsoka

3. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    And he has a flimsy excuse to do it too, thanks to Dark Empire.

"Palpatine? Oh, you do know the guy who tried to turn Luke at Endor isn't the original Palps who created the Empire, right? Yeah, that one got whacked by Ahsoka Tano a while back. The one in RoTJ is a clone from Byss. Essence transfer and all that."

4. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    I think considering the timeline he wouldn't be a Jedi...buuuuut Kyle Katarn in some way please? :D

5. Docgeo

Docgeo Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 26, 2013
    Well I would really like to see Ashoka again. Her character has been an excellent to the Star Wars world. I truely feel that given her personality she would have attempted to do something after order 66 to avenge Anakin(who she will think is dead) and the rest of her friends. They could introduce her after she finds Obi-Wan and learns the truth of Vader's Id. Obi-Wan could also complete her training. Obi-Wan did leave to help Ferus Olin so that could be how they are re-introduced. She would add such emotional turmoil into the mix after she learns of Anakin's and Padme's fate.

Darth_Pevra and TX-20 like this.
  6. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Oh hell.

7. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    Lol! I thought to myself when I was posting that post, I bet this gets an "Oh hell" from anakinfan. And I was right.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  8. CommanderColt

CommanderColt Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 2, 2013
    I thought the Filoni/Ahsoka rant was starting to get out of hand, but

gave me a good laugh. On a more serious note, there recently was a long interview with Filoni about the end of TCW and the start of Rebels and all that and he said that the thing that he missed about TCW was seeing the people that he will no longer get to see on a regular basis, and then he said that he talks to Ashley Eckstein on a regular basis. Either they are just friends who keep in touch, or maybe she has a role in an upcoming project that he is working on ...

I think its somewhere in here

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/10...clone-wars-and-ahead-towards-star-wars-rebels

9. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    On that interview:

He acknowledges that "Landing At Point Rain" was an episode they got right. Kudos Dave, that was one of the best of the series.

I like the way he talked about how much effort he put into Chewbacca as well. I didn't think Chewbacca needed to be in the series, or ROTS for that matter, but I thought the show did well by him.

He felt he had more 'latitude" with Ahsoka. LOL, so we see.

I liked his talk about having lunch with Lucas and the "master/apprentice relationship"; that was cool.

10. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    I would much rather if anyone "completes her training" that it would be the Altisian Jedi Order. It would also serve to elevate the Altisians and their various members (Callista Ming et al) to G-canon. Though if the canon-levels system is being done away with, and if the Altisians and Ahsoka's earlier encounter with them (No Prisoners novel) survives the Story Group, there may then be no need of an onscreen appearance to "canonize" them. But that's a discussion for another thread. I don't want to start another EU canon debate here.

Failing that, she could do the wandering Force warrior circuit with all those holocrons, temples, Force-ghosts et cetera scattered throughout the galaxy, by which various people have self-trained themselves up to powerhouse level in the past. She just needs to watch out for the likes of Exar Kun's ghost trying to turn her to the Dark Side.

Either way, by the time of Rebels I'd prefer if she wasn't calling herself any kind of Jedi. If she trained with the Altisians, she left after learning all she could from them. If she self-trained, well that doesn't require her to identify as a Jedi at any point.

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  11. Docgeo

Oct 26, 2013
    There are a number of ways to work her back in and have had her get more training. She could have fell in with Jedi Das Jenir and his merry band of smugglers or maybe even K'Kruk. I just really want her character to continue because she has been a joy to watch. Having grown up during the original trilogy I usually frown on things that could effect it but I will make an exception for Ahsoka Tano! Plus my daughter loves her...lol!

VanishingReality likes this.
  12. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
  13. CommanderColt

Jun 2, 2013
    I always figured Ahsoka to be hiding out on some remote world, content to not get involved in galactic events while maybe helping people here and there where she can, when she is then unwittingly forced to get involved when the conflict shows up on her door step. Someone mentioned above a young Force sensitive picking up a dead Ahsoka's lightsaber and continuing the fight, but I think it more likely Ahsoka sees a Jedi on the run get gunned down by Stormtroppers (or maybe gutted by the Inquisitor) and decides that she can no longer stay out of the fight.

As far as finishing her training... for what? She received intensive training from birth to age 15 and had several years of the most intense on the job training immaginable fighting in the Clone Wars. As far as Force skills and combat skills are concerned, I think she's pretty good. She was on the verge on Knighthood when she left the order anyway. It's not like Luke who had 10 minutes of training with Obi Wan before Obi entered the netherworld. As Vader would say, "your skills are complete".

I think the odds of Ahsoka being the main Jedi character in Rebels is high, but if not her, then who? I think there is little chance you see someone from the EU. That hasn't been their style. More likley it will be a charcter that made an appearance in the prequels or TCW. Or a whole new character?

VanishingReality likes this.
  14. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011

I'm not really sure what to think about this. Knowing Filoni, Ahsoka will probably appear at some stage in some form. I don't think she should get involved with other surviving Jedi, or have her training completed, but I do feel that she may have a small role to play in the rebellion in some other way. There's a big chance that a lot of effort will be put into hunting down and eliminating her, as Palpatine may see her as someone who his apprentice still cares about, therefore she could be a weakness for him. So I feel that she could be spending her time on the show running from one planet to another, eluding the Empire until she gets involved in the rebellion and subsequently dies at the hands of either the new Inquisitor or possibly Vader himself. I would personally prefer it though if she didn't appear at all, and I do think that if she does appear, she won't survive the end.

15. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Your namesake is one of the Jedi I wouldn't mind seeing.

16. CommanderColt

Jun 2, 2013
    Also, if we are considering Jedi who made an appearance on screen or in TCW and have no on-screen death, Quinlan Vos is a good candidate. His appearance in TCW, while limited, was very entertaining. His light hearted personality would fit well in a kid's show.

Most of the other Jedi depicted on screen were so horrible that you didn't mind seeing them Order 66'd. It's almost like the prequels and TCW depicted Jedi as so bland and humorless that you didn't mind them getting wiped out. If only they had made Anakin likeable in the PT, people would have likely rooted for Order 66. Instead it was just a wash. You only really felt for Obi and Yodo who survived anyway. But I digress ...

Back to topic, the TCW depiction of Vos character had "character". As did Ahsoka (whether you liked her attitude or not). I can't see them sticking a generic serious bland Jedi into the show. Whoever it is has to have some spunk.

whostheBossk likes this.
  17. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    The biggest issue with Ahsoka's character was that she became a "serious bland Jedi". I wouldn't mind having Spunky!Snips back, in small doses, as long as she loses the nicknames. And as long as we don't have to hear the other characters discuss how awesome she is, or see them put in ridiculous situations that only she can save them from.

As far as Vos...I liked him, but I'm not familiar with his comic-book depiction and apparently the people who are, were annoyed at the change.

18. CommanderColt

Jun 2, 2013
    whostheBossk likes this.
  19. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    I'm really looking forward to Oppo Rancisis making an appearance in the bonus content. I wonder if they will elevate Battle Meditation to T-canon?

That being said, I'm hoping that he doesn't survive to Rebels, so that his fate in the Clone Wars remains canon:

[​IMG]

whostheBossk and Mia Mesharad like this.
  20. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    Vos makes the most sense, given that he's already appeared in TCW, and his fate after 19BBY is completely unknown. Rumors also suggest Lucas told Dark Horse not to kill him... but that remains to be seen if it matters.

Circular Logic likes this.
  21. Docgeo

Oct 26, 2013
    Knowing Filoni and the fact 50%+ of the audience consists of kids I doubt they would kill Ahsoka. She is a fan favorite and Ashley E. has become a key member of the Star Wars community. I think the Idea that she stays under the radar until witnessing a Jedi killed is a realistic plot twist to get her involved. They could even have her rescue the old friend only to then have him/her die. That dieing Jedi could give her information on how to find others. There is also no reason why she couldn't be, for a short time, reunited with Artoo. That would link the past with the present and be a kick ass duo. I also don't think that you have to worry about a bland ahsoka because the betrayal has likely knocked all the starch out of her and back to the spunky snips.

22. TrandoJedi

TrandoJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 4, 2011
    Yeah ever since Vos appeared in TCW I've been hoping for the likes of K'Kruhk appear in some form. It would be awesome to see the character outside the page. Vos appearing could be cool too, they don't even have to mention he is a Jedi.

23. K'Kruhk

K'Kruhk Jedi Master star 4

Dec 11, 2011

Dark Horse asked Lucas if it was OK to keep him alive and not kill him off, which Lucas accepted.

Where did the 50%+ figure come from? The thing is, the show will be targeted to Star Wars fans of all ages, not just kids. Anything can happen in a show, regardless of if she is a 'fan favourite' or not. At this point we don't even know if she will have a starring role, and her being killed off at the end has a realistic chance of happening compared with all the other theories people have.

24. Docgeo

Oct 26, 2013

Where did the 50%+ figure come from? The thing is, the show will be targeted to Star Wars fans of all ages, not just kids. Anything can happen in a show, regardless of if she is a 'fan favourite' or not. At this point we don't even know if she will have a starring role, and her being killed off at the end has a realistic chance of happening compared with all the other theories people have.[/quote]

Anecdotal example from my experiences with disney Star Wars events, the opening of the Clone Wars movie I went to, and my children and their friends interest in the show. Taking that into account I came up with that "guess". You are correct that anything can happen but my gut tells me that he won't kill her off anytime soon. There is still so much that can be explored with her character. If at the end of this series they did have Vader kill her off it would continue his joureny down the Dark side path but I am not sure he really needs that. I think keeping her alive and using her as an antagonist to Vader gets more value. But this is just my opinion.

25. Darth Valkyrus

Apr 12, 2013
    I actually find the 50+% kids thing a little unsettling... it makes me wonder, for how many of them was TCW (movie or TV show) the first SW they ever watched?

It seems almost heretical to me, the thought of new-to-SW kids coming to the franchise via TCW. Instead of being properly grounded in the movies first... (And that in the proper order of course. Hope-Empire-Jedi-Menace-Clones-Sith.)