main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC What jobs were on the Death Star?

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by diginista, Dec 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. diginista

diginista Jedi Youngling

Dec 21, 2015
    Hey guys, apologies if I'm breaking a forum rule here or if it's been asked before but would appreciate your thoughts on this.

What with Star Wars on everyone's mind (loved the new film btw) I was thinking about the original trilogy and was reminded of a mini discussion that occurred in the Kevin Smith film Clerks about the contractors they had working on the Death Star. And it got my thinking about what these types of jobs actually were considering there were thousands of support staff on the Death Star so I wrote an article about it on a techie website.

Was wondering if I could get your thoughts on it and what other jobs you think could have existed that were related to IT and support? We all know there must have been a Star Wars canteen but what type of people went to eat there apart from Vader and military personnel?

2. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    This is not a social thread, retagging as SWC. Please read the Welcome to the SWC thread stickied to the top of the page before posting a new thread.

3. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    I'm guessing that it's like any military base: you join with the hopes of seeing combat, only to get stuck changing light bulbs and taking out the garbage at the ass end of space.

4. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I'm sure there were military personnel, but also support staff for everything imaginable - holonet tech support to chefs, I like to think with over million onboard that they would have shops and leisure, not just entirely steel grey offices. I'd bet that they would have civilian contractors and liaisons for them as well, as well as having those civilians on board.

There are a lot of options! It would basically need the ability to sustain day to day life and maintain morale, so that's what I would focus on regarding non-military roles.

The Sith Camp and Dinos4Ever like this.
  5. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    Don't forget this guy...

[​IMG]

Deliveranze and Padawan4687 like this.
  6. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    PLUMBERS...

death star without plumbers doesn't bear thinking about :p

DarthIshyZ likes this.
  7. The Sith Camp

The Sith Camp Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 10, 2015

Soon enough the Death Star becomes the INFINITY STAR! So Thanos comes along - uses Infinity Gauntlet and morphs the Death Star into a cross between a gauntlet and baseball ... and pretty much fires INFINITY LASER BEAMS at whoever he wants ... and then soon taps into the HOTU ... and so on so forth ...

8. Deliveranze

Deliveranze Force Ghost star 6

Nov 28, 2015
    DarthIshyZ and The Sith Camp like this.
  9. The Sith Camp

The Sith Camp Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 10, 2015

For some reason I can imagine Thanos casually tossing the Death Star back and forth in his hands like a baseball and casually he hurls it and it causes a planet / galaxy busting explosion...and then he remarks ... 'heh ... Imperial and Sith technology is CHILD'S PLAY ... for a Titan...'

Deliveranze likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.