main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What killed the Emperor?

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by deltau922, Sep 30, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. deltau922

deltau922 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 1999
    Gravity? Surely a guy that powerful could have levitated himself. Perhaps some of his force lightning found its way back to the source. Too bad the Death Star blew up because all the evidence was destroyed and now they'll never be able to do a legit autopsy.

2. Magnum

Magnum Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 16, 2004
    I'd say the large fall is what killed him coupled by the power coupling roasting his arse.

3. clone3131

clone3131 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004

Levitate? What is this? Lord of the Rings?

He feel down a couple hundred feet shaft, right into a power coupling.

Thats gotta hurt...

CLone

4. JediCourier

JediCourier Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2001
    No flying allowed.

5. JediScott

JediScott Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2002
    Has anyone ever wondered why there would be a huge opening down to a power coupling from the Emperor's throne room? You would think that might be a bit hazardous and one of the first things they would have completed. I seriously doubt there is a doorway in the white house from the oval office to the boiler room.

That's always bothered me.

6. deltau922

Jul 19, 1999
    I never knew there was a power coupling. Wouldn't he just have gone numb for a couple hours?

7. Magnum

Magnum Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 16, 2004
    I never knew there was a power coupling. Wouldn't he just have gone numb for a couple hours?

Hmmm, I smell a Sequel trilogy coming on...

8. clone3131

clone3131 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2004

Even if he would of just went numb for a couple of hours from the power coupling.

And even if he survived the fall down the shaft

Im sure when the Death Star blew up, that killed him.

So he could of died one of three ways...

CLone

9. MeatSaber2000

MeatSaber2000 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 11, 2000
    He brought Anakin back from the dead, hooked him up with a cool chick-magnet life support suit, trained him to be a badass, and let him basically kill anyone he wanted on a whim. Then he turns around and betrays him, protects Palpy's sole threat in the universe, and tosses him down a power shaft. All of this must have been very distressing, so it's obvious what killed him...

The Emperor died of a broken heart...

10. Sarg_Kulo

Sarg_Kulo Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2004
    If the Jedi can command the force to move objects, why can't they use it to themselves?

11. MetalGoldKnight

MetalGoldKnight Jedi Youngling star 4

Jul 31, 2002
    Palpatine was probably too distracted by the sudden fall and the force lightning still flowing out of him to be able to get his bearings straight, let alone concentrate enough to levitate himself. As for why his body explodes, the EU explanation is that all Dark Side users blow up like that if they're using force lightning when they die because of all the Dark Side energy within them, but I don't really buy that. I'd say it was just a result of his body hitting the power coupling or whatever that blue light at the bottom of the shaft was, otherwise why would there be a need to show that blue light at all?

12. ObidioJuan

ObidioJuan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2002
    I always thought the blue light was the dark side enery returning to the Force, but that's just me.

The emperor died of a combination of force lightning, a fall and power couplings, coupled with the explosion. like was said before.

On another note, I was watching that whole scene frame by frame to analyze Vader's X-rays and you can see very good details of all the injuries he has and all the mechanical parts, and I noticed for the first time that the emperor actually hits Vader several times with lightning and everytime it hits Vader you see sparks and smoke. For some reason I never paid so much attention to this, but it's really cool.

Thanks GL for the DVDs

13. Sarg_Kulo

Sarg_Kulo Jedi Master star 4

May 18, 2004
    You can also seee a green skull

14. Darth_Arkie

Darth_Arkie Jedi Youngling

Aug 25, 2004
    This sounds like a job for CSI Imperial :)

15. That_Wascally_Droid

That_Wascally_Droid Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 29, 2001
    'The Emperor died of a broken heart...'

Hehehe. I like it!

16. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I always preferred the mental image of him smacking into a catwalk or other structure, and snapping open like humpty dumpty. ::)

17. Leias_love_slave

Leias_love_slave Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 26, 2003
    It wasn't the fall that killed him.

It was the sudden stop at the bottom. [face_mischief]

18. deltau922

Jul 19, 1999
    Man, you know you're having a bad day when you get force ligntninged, fall down a shaft, go numb from a power coupling and then the space station you're in gets blown up. That's worse than what happens to OJ in the first scene of Naked Gun.

19. JONJEDI

JONJEDI Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 11, 2002
    Mabey Lucas should of tied this up in the DVDs, when the MF destroys the power generator you can see him falling then he lands on the windscreen of the MF and Lando is confused why there is an evil old man on the windscreen giving him a dirty look.

20. sharkboy

sharkboy Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 25, 2004
    No no the fall did not kill him it was the sudden stop.

21. AdamBertocci

AdamBertocci Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 3, 2002
    Heart attack? He's not young, and Lord knows my ticker would be working overtime if I got thrown into a fall like that.

Rick McCallum loves you!

22. Atticus

Atticus Jedi Padawan star 4

May 31, 2002
    Has anyone ever wondered why there would be a huge opening down to a power coupling from the Emperor's throne room? You would think that might be a bit hazardous and one of the first things they would have completed. I seriously doubt there is a doorway in the white house from the oval office to the boiler room.

That was the exhuast port. They put it in his thrown room so no one could shoot torpedos at it. However the constructuion team forgot to tell the Emp that they also installed a bigger one outside. [face_thinking]

23. ZSong

ZSong Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 25, 2004
    I always assumed he just crashed into one of the energy thingies down the hole which caused its own explosion

but now everyone is making me picture Homer Simpson falling down springfield gorge

24. Jedipete33

Jedipete33 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2004
    First it was the love of a father that killed the emperor. Second why did the emperor explode, well because of the dark side energy built up in him. Because he was so evil he just went KABOOM!

25. masterjedi747

masterjedi747 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 1, 2004
    It wasn't the fall that killed him.
    It was the sudden stop at the bottom. [face_mischief]

[face_laugh] How true...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.