main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What kind of a man hits a woman?

Discussion in 'Archive: Your Jedi Council Community' started by Just_A_Slacker, Jan 17, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Just_A_Slacker

Just_A_Slacker Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 4, 2001
    Me, when I think of women, I immediately put them on some kind of a pedistal. There is nothing in the world like having a great woman in your life. I would die for a smile and willingly fall on my own sword at her command. I'm not talking about letting her walk all over me or anything, but the love of a good woman takes precidence over all other considerations (besides children).

And yet, some men not only treat their women, whom the suppossedly love, like total dirt, but they hit them? Why?

What would ever make any man think he needs to hit a woman? Control? Power? Anger? I just don't understand why.

Even when I was at my most angry, when I found out about the cheating, it never once crossed my mind to physically hurt her.

I just can't understand it. I can't understand the mentallity of someone hitting the woman he suppossedly loves, or verbally abusing her either.

2. Kendu_Knight

Kendu_Knight Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2001
    What kind of man hits a woman? The kind of man who wants me to kick his a$$ :mad:

3. WindexedStormtrooper

WindexedStormtrooper Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    If a woman wants to fight like a man, then she can get beat down like a man...

4. neimoidian_85

neimoidian_85 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    SPOUSAL ABUSE: BADDDDDDDDDDDDD!

5. Avalon69

Avalon69 Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2001
    They're the men that take their anger out on others; usually they were beaten, too. That's what was with my grandpa, and my other grandpa, and my great-grandpa...

6. Darth-Tom

Darth-Tom Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2001
    yes my best friend has a sister who's boyfriend used to punch her and put cigarette burns on her arms. I won't tell you what we did to him, but i doubt he'll do it to any other women now thankgod.

7. Moriarte

Moriarte Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 17, 2001
    You could also ask "What kind of woman hits a man?"

Though this thread might develop into a gender debate, I do agree that a man should not hit a woman as a principle, but is it fair that a woman can hit a man, seemingly for anything? Cannot a man defend himself against violent women?
    Sure men, in the majority, are stronger than women. By that rule, it's abhorrent to hit women since they are inherently weaker in principle.

But in this age of trying to garner gender equality, it seems to me that men are still being held to those rules, while women crave the equality, but still want to retain their "extras" for being women. And that is not fair to me, as a man.

Ciou-See the Sig

8. Ender

Ender Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 12, 1998
    People who like to prey on those who are weaker than themselves. Usually due to their own inadequacy.

9. Launch

Launch Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 27, 2001
    abuse is very bad!! im not going to tell a story or anything...but lets just leave it as: its a very scary thing to be involved in

10. Double_Sting

Double_Sting Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2001
    What about these huge body-building women with bulging muscles? Or the ones who box?

I'm sure they could take down quite a few men.

11. Avalon69

Avalon69 Jedi Knight star 5

Dec 7, 2001
    I dunno... there may be equality... I heard about husband-beaters the other day! Anyway, violence is how stupid people solve things.(there are some exceptions, of course. ;))

12. Obi-Zahn Kenobi

Obi-Zahn Kenobi Force Ghost star 7

Aug 23, 1999
    What kind?

An equalist. I have no qualms with hitting another man.

But a woman?

A chauvinist like myself would never dream of hitting a woman.

Dream, yes. Actually do it? No.

The kind of man that hits a woman is not a man. He is a loser.

13. WindexedStormtrooper

Jun 11, 2001
    I think Launch said it best...

However, most states have laws that state if a man and woman (I suppose it goes for same-sex couples as well) get involved in a domestic dispute, both are arrested on the spot no matter the circumstances. The details get ironed out later. I guess that's equality for you. Plus I've seen plenty of cases where women actually beat up the men.

But abuse is wrong under any circumstance (well accept for this 30-pack of Budweiser in my fridge that's going to get abused tonight)

14. Ardens_Furore

Ardens_Furore Jedi Padawan star 4

May 14, 2001
    "What kind of person hits another person?" should be the question you ask. It makes no difference if the perpetrator or the victim was a man or a woman. It is wrong to hit someone, regardless of who they are.

If you're going to argue that women are weaker than men and thus men shouldn't hit women, then you should also argue that a) animals are weaker than humans and we shouldn't kill them b) I'm weaker than most other people and you shouldn't hit me c) the strong should not rule the weak d) countries shouldn't wave around their militaries to weaker countries, etc...

15. McNerf-Burger

McNerf-Burger Jedi Youngling star 5

Nov 13, 2000
    Obviously you shoudlnt hit someone your dating or whatever, nor should you out and punch some lady you see at the soda machine. However, what if some bully chick starts beating you up? What if she tries to take your money? You just take it?

16. heavygear6

heavygear6 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 11, 2001
    Personally, I could never hit a woman.

I can't identify with people who do either, but I can definately understand it. Women can be so, well, illogical..... :p

Face it, women and men think differently, and have different priorities.

17. WindexedStormtrooper

Jun 11, 2001
    "I'll kick HER in the nnnnuts!!"

*Cartman voice*

And think about it, if there was no domestic violence, then we couldn't joke about guys who trapes around in 'wife beaters'

:)

18. Padawan716

Padawan716 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 7, 2001
    If a woman stole my money, I'd tackle her to the ground and take my money back. that doesn't really count as a hit, more like a delicate push that ended up being a bit stronger than it was intended.
    I've never hit a woman in my life, as far back as I can remember... but I remember this nasty crabby old lady trying to get ahead of me in a line at the grocery store once. she was an eeevil eevil lady. she tried to get me to move by poking me in the back. I really wanted to hit her back for doing that. [face_plain]

19. eaglejedi

eaglejedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 2, 2001
    Nor could we kick their ash either.
    I'm with Kendu Knight, for the most part-
    I would defend myself if attacked and in danger, but I would not "prosecute with extreme prejudice" as much as I would to defend myself from a man. I'd probably go for pressure points on the neck or below the ears.
    Note: Slapping does not constitute a serious attack, nor does the usual elbowing in the ribs.

EDIT: I also agree with just about everything Just_A_Slacker said.

20. Ender

Ender Jedi Knight star 6

Aug 12, 1998
    I would hire "China" from the WWF to beat her up.

21. Uruk-hai

Uruk-hai Jedi Youngling star 5

Oct 26, 2000
    Edit: nevermind

22. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    I think every woman should be treated with just as much dignity and respect as the Statue of Liberty: put her up on a pedestal high enough to see up her dress.

23. Arsenal1234

Arsenal1234 Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 4, 2001
    "Plus I've seen plenty of cases where women actually beat up the men."

I'm sure a good lot of these cases are because the man is unwilling to defend himself. My dad has scars dating back to a prior marriage that support my point. [face_plain] Of course, people always say that his wife kicked his ass, but he was just a gentleman trying to defend himself from a crazy beotch who was trying to stab him with a ski. *ahem*

I'm glad she's not my mom. :D

Of course, the next question is if it's okay to hit weak/frail men. I find such attacks just as disturbing as attacks on women.

24. Jedi-Corleone

Jedi-Corleone Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 28, 2001
    Any Ukers follwing EastEnders right now? Little Mo finally stands up to her abusive husband, and they put her on an attempted murder charge.

There is no good here, people.

25. Just_A_Slacker

Just_A_Slacker Jedi Youngling star 4

Aug 4, 2001
    I just needed to vent. I'm cool.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.