main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST what kind of lightsaber will supreme leader snoke use if it appears in the next movie

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by SOLARISENSHI, May 17, 2016.

1. mima123

mima123 Jedi Knight star 2

Apr 3, 2016
    He'll probably create his version of a lightsaber instantly using his own power if needed in a battle.
    The fact that he's only around 7ft tall also makes it possible for him to engange in a "real fight"

2. PlagueisWise

PlagueisWise Jedi Knight star 3

Feb 28, 2015
    Gotta disagree with you there. Seeing Sidious and Yoda duel was one of the highlights of the Saga for me. Just seeing them go at it with Force powers (especially when Jedi don't really have any visual powers akin to Sidious' Force Lightning) would have made for quite the boring fight.

As for Snoke, perhaps he'll have something akin to the dark blade from Clone Wars? I always loved the imagery there and he could posses something like a lightsaber but slightly different. Something more ancient even than Ben's saber.

3. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    Agreed. Snoke as a lightsaber-wielder would be disappointing to me. Would likely come off even worse than Palpatine's and Yoda's lightsaber fighting in the PT, which was atrocious.

4. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    That's what I read.

5. shafty

shafty Jedi Master star 2

Dec 4, 2014
    Helicopter saber!!

6. BlueHenDave

BlueHenDave Jedi Knight star 2

Oct 21, 2013
    If Snoke does not wield a lightsaber, the issue for the storytellers is weaving a confrontation that is believable.

Luke and Snoke face off....Luke has his saber and Snoke has what? Force lightning? Force something? How would that battle unfold? That was the issue Lucas faced with Palpatine...he had to give him a lightsaber.

My guess is that Luke and Snoke never have a confrontation so we wont see Snoke with one. This is Rey and Kylos story

Dak Oolron likes this.
  7. Dak Oolron

Dak Oolron Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 24, 2014
    I agree that Yoda and Palpatine shouldn't have used lightsabers, but I really love your interpretation of Palpatine's use of one, vncredleader- that fits his personality perfectly, at least how I see it.

8. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    Snoke's unconventional Saber:

[​IMG]

9. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Sure, George Lucas had trouble finding a stuntman for a SW movie. That is the lamest excuse ever.

Why would we believe anything Serkis says? He may not even really be in these movies. He may not even really be Serkis. Maybe he once was Serkis, but then drained his blood and changed his DNA, making him all new.

Mungo Baobab likes this.
  10. vncredleader

vncredleader Force Ghost star 5

Mar 28, 2016
    Did you not read what i said? He found a stunt man. It was that when it came time to shoot those scenes he was sick. You act like they have the time to derail shooting for days just to find a new one who looks enough like Ian. Do you think that they can just not shoot those scenes for the time being? That was a major stunt heavy scene plus I think they shot that with the other Palpatine fight so they also would have had to re schedule with Samuel L Jackson who has a busy schedule not to mention the actors for Kolar, Fisto, and Tinn and those guys stunt actors and the make up people. You act as if they can just put everything on hold. Also so what if its lame thats what happened. The hellishness of shooting schedules do not have to adhere to your personal view of what is reasonable.

11. Force-Vampire

Force-Vampire Jedi Youngling

May 16, 2016
    With my theory about Snoke and what he truly is, I don't think he needs one.

I would imagine an unstable red lightsaber blade and some old-time tech hilt.

12. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    i could see snoke levitating sabers and spinning them around him.

WookieeRage likes this.
  13. PlagueisWise

Feb 28, 2015
    It would be rather interesting if he possesses a lightsaber pike/blade....thing. When going over some of the concept art for Clone Wars, the design for Darth Bane had this strange staff with a single curved blade made of energy at the end. I believe it was called a Sith Warrior lightsaber pike. So perhaps something like that or similarly ancient.

Ultimately I don't think we'll be getting a traditional lightsaber like we're used to. At most, I think it'll be like Ben's blade but possibly something of similar ancient origins.

JabbatheHumanBeing likes this.
  14. Strongbow

Strongbow Force Ghost star 5

Nov 6, 2014
    I'd rather not see Snoke in a light saber duel. I'm beginning to think that Snoke is <ahem> Smoke and mirrors. He's a front, a stooge,mand agent, perhaps for something much larger we'll maybe see in X, XI, XII.

Sarge and JabbatheHumanBeing like this.
  15. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    Andy Serkis Circus?

16. Dak Oolron

Dak Oolron Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 24, 2014
    I'm going to laugh if Snoke is actually tiny (at least smaller than an adult human) and his enormous hologram is his version of a Napoleon complex... [face_rofl]

Sarge likes this.
  17. JabbatheHumanBeing

JabbatheHumanBeing Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 14, 2015
    Er...Lucas didn't face that issue when Luke confronted Palpatine in ROTJ. Worked out just fine.

In ROTS, Palpatine could have simply overwhelmed Mace and his crew with other force powers. And he could have had a battle of force powers with Yoda. He (and Yoda) didn't HAVE to wield lightsabers. That was a choice. And IMO, not a particularly good one.

18. PlagueisWise

Feb 28, 2015
    The problem I have with that is that Force powers aren't visually interesting. Apart from Force Lightning of course. I can't think of any type of Force power that Jedi use that has a physical manifestation. All we would have gotten is Yoda catching Sidious' lightning and after one instance of that, it just would get boring.

As for the battle between Sidious and Luke, it wasn't really a battle. And the motivations were different. Luke had already thrown away his saber and had nothing to fight back against the Emperor with (plus, you would assume Yoda would have taught Luke how to catch Force Lightning...seems pretty obvious to do when sending someone off to face an opponent who excels at that skill). At that point, Luke wasn't going for the kill; he was stalling to let the Rebels blow up the Death Star and kill all three of them.

Lightsaber battles are the highlight of Star Wars films so it makes sense to have your head Jedi and head Sith go head to head in one. Granted I probably would have saved Yoda's battle with Sidious to be the one and only time he uses a saber in the Saga but still, I'm glad they had them throw down like that. That type of "wizard's duel" has never really been interesting to me (hated Saruman v Gandalf in LotR...though at least with Dumbledore and Voldemort in Harry Potter we were able to see what was going on).

Dak Oolron likes this.
  19. WookieeRage

WookieeRage Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2016
    JabbatheHumanBeing
    Got to agree with that, I could have dealt with the Yoda and Sidious force fight just fine, but the confrontation with the Jedi Masters and the "Sheev Spin" were ridiculous. They could've just made Palpatine a force wizard like he was in the OT and NOT given him a lightsaber. Maybe they'll do that with Snoke. But if he has to have a lightsaber I would say maybe lightsaber cane so he can hold his frail body up.

20. Rylo_Ken

Rylo_Ken Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 12, 2015
    It's up to Rian Johnson,not Andy Sekris.

I'm firmly in the no saber camp here.

We're going to get enough saber duels without giving Snoke one too.If Del Toro is a villian...will he have one too?

At some point, most likely Episode 9, Luke should lose his and have a 'force off' with Snoke with no saber involved. Snoke should have some awesome powers no one else has, he is the big bad guy after all. Why on earth would Kylo even fear him other wise? What's keeping him in check? Kylo was happy to leave Luke's training for this guy. Going to be pretty dissapointing if he was nothing but a fraud. Luke woud not be in hiding if he didn't fear Snoke, he woud have put Kylo and his Knights into check (somthing he has no trouble with if current speculation is correct) and he banish Snoke into history. But he didn't, he took himself out of the game...

21. Orochi Oni

Orochi Oni Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 8, 2013
    I just posted this in the Andy Serkis thread before I noticed this one:

"Think Snoke uses a lightsaber?

I don't think he does. I think he's some kind of Force sorcerer who doesn't use weapons. That's what I used to think The Emperor was before the prequels came along. I thought lightsabers were just a Jedi thing. I always assumed the reason Vader used one is because he was once a Jedi. If you're well-trained to use a certain weapon, why stop using it when you change sides, right?

To be honest, I think lightsabers being Jedi-only was the original intention. Why else would Palpatine refer to it as "a Jedi's weapon"? I guess Lucas just needed an excuse for lots of lightsaber duels in the prequels, so the Sith were given them too.

Since Snoke is neither a Jedi or Sith, there's no reason for him to use one, right? That's one thing that would differentiate him from the Jedi and Sith.

To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if the Knights of Ren are there for the purposes of providing us with lightsaber duels."

Vasco_Rojo and Sarge like this.
  22. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    Now I want Wolverine to have lightsaber claws, not unlike the Adamantium Men in Jason Aaron's first arc. Hmmmmm...

Oh right, Snoke. :p I really don't want him to use a lightsaber. I wasn't fond of Palpatine's fight style and think that powerful a dark sider doesn't need a physical weapon to prove it.

=D=

23. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    If Snoke says Kylo must finish his training, I'm guessing Snoke knows something about lightsabre skill.

24. ForgottenMaster

ForgottenMaster Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 29, 2015
    Perhaps he just uses the force to switch off his opponent's lightsaber.

Saber On, Saber Off, Saber On, Saber Off..."*&$, stop doing that!!!"

25. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    "the clapper!"

Dak Oolron and Wildcatbarry like this.