main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DFW, TX What kind of military leader are you?

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Genetic_Misfire, Jun 17, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Genetic_Misfire

Genetic_Misfire Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2000
    Found this @ http://www.bluesnews.com:

http://www.military.com/ResourceContent/?file=lpm_fd.htm

Myself, I was compared to Omar Bradley.

James

2. m0rpheus

m0rpheus Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2000
    Very cool site. I scored as "Robert E. Lee"

=========
    Leadership Attributes:

Personally, General Lee was reserved and seemed enigmatic to his men. But on the battlefield he was daring and audacious, as at Chancellorsville, where he divided his troops in the face of greater opposing forces. His diplomatic skills were as well-honed as his generalship. For example, in his early role as presidential adviser to Jefferson Davis, he tried to ease the difficult personalities of Confederacy President Jefferson Davis and General Joseph E. Johnston.

==========

3. THX_Jedi

THX_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 18, 2000
    i ended up matching Douglas MacArthur.

:cool:

4. DarthCynthia

DarthCynthia Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 18, 2000
    I scored as George Washington:

================
    Leadership Attributes:

General Washington was known for his cautious, measured, and highly successful generalship. Understanding that conventional war against the British was useless, he waged a well-planned guerilla campaign. He was also skilled in diplomacy, both as a politician and in his military career. He elicited French help in forcing the surrender of Cornwallis at Yorktown. Also, he deftly negotiated the relations between military and civilian authority. Personally, the first President was reserved. But he won the love and respects of his troops ? and nation.
    =============

5. Old-Jedi

Old-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 25, 2000
    Napoleon Bonaparte? Gosh that doesn't bode well for me, does it? Oh well he seemed a worthy adversary for Bugs Bunny

Leadership Attributes:

Napoleon was a brilliant planner. In fact, he set up an entirely new system for raising and training an army that revolutionized the field. He was not only a great general but a skillful diplomat, able to consolidate and extend power through treaties and political manipulation as well as on the battlefield. After defeating Sardinia and Austria in Italy, he made several gains through the use of treaties. He set up a friendly republican regime in Lombardy, a tactic he used on other occasions.

6. Jedi_Jarvis

Jedi_Jarvis Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2001
    I'm Teddy Roosevelt. :) cool.

"Speak softly and carry a big lightsaber!"

7. trooper158

trooper158 Jedi Youngling

Dec 17, 2000
    Wesley Clark;
    Clark has had a distinguished military career. As Commander-in-Chief, United States Southern Command, Panama, he directed all U.S. forces in Latin America and the Caribbean. As the Director, Strategic Plans and Policy, J5, the Joint Staff, he was the staff officer responsible for U.S. military strategic planning. Clark is also known for considerable diplomatic prowess ? he was chiefly responsible for holding together the 19-member NATO alliance in Kosovo. He was also the lead military negotiator of the Dayton Peace Accords that brought the war in the former Yugoslavia to a halt.

thanks for brining this to my attention.

TK-8201,out

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.