What kind of music do you listen too?

Discussion in 'Greater Cincinnati Tristate Region' started by DarthSkywalker360, Aug 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sean_Starrider Jedi Master

star 4
    I'm not gonna say that Garth Brooks sucks because I don't think it's anyone's right to judge others music tastes but he has cheated on his wife 3 times and therefore I have to agree with saying that Garth sucks.
  2. Lady_Lucas Jedi Master

star 4
    He cheated on his wife 3 times??? Ok, his music may be nice here and there but of course cheating on one's spouse sucks!
  3. DARTHAUDITOR Jedi Master

star 2
    No offense to anyone, but his music sucks. It is just bad music. Overrated, overrated!
  4. Lady_Lucas Jedi Master

star 4
    hee hee hee...you are funny D.A. :D

How's about a little Dixie Chicks Neil? I am sure you dig those gals!! [face_laugh] :)
  5. padawan_schlicher Jedi Master

star 4
    Don't even get me started on the Dixie Chicks!!!!!!! GRRRRRRR! Anti-American grrrrr...
  6. CptCorranHorn Force Ghost

star 5
    I'm right there with ya AJ :mad:
  7. Lady_Lucas Jedi Master

star 4
    Moi aussi(me also) I agree, I don't like the Dixie Chicks, especially the anti-American lead singer!!
  8. DARTHAUDITOR Jedi Master

star 2
    You bash G.W Bush, you are an enemy to America. Lets start the chant. Four more years, Four more years.
  9. Sean_Starrider Jedi Master

star 4
    Let me get this right...Using your right to free speech and protesting someone whose politics you don't agree with makes you Anti-American? I don't want to get some big arguement started but that is a ridiculous statement Auditor. I personally support Bush and think he is a good president, But I feel that people that don't feel the way I do absolutely have the right to and should speak up for what they believe in. That is what makes America so awesome! You can think and say whatever you want to. :)
  10. CptCorranHorn Force Ghost

star 5
    if she would have said "I dont agree with Bush..." and listed her reasons, it would have been okay

but she out and out said "I'm ashamed that he is from the same state as me" (and its the most conservative state in the friggin union, what'd you expect?!?!?!?!)
    thats what I didnt appreciate
  11. DARTHAUDITOR Jedi Master

star 2
    Sean,

Seriously, why must everyone take everything so personally? I joke around all the time. Maybe I feel it is my duty with freedom of speech to make comments as idiotic as the Dixie Chicks. Why ridicule my statement about the singer and not criticize the comments of the Dixie Chicks singer. As you said, isn't it all just freedom of speech?
  12. Sean_Starrider Jedi Master

star 4
    There is a song by The Clash called "Know your Rights" that nails down exactly how it is today. There is a line in it that says..."You have a right to free speech!, That is of course if you're actually dumb enough to try it." I feel that is how it is, anyone that states how they truly feel and if what they say goes against the majority then they are ridiculed and spit on, and that is not how America was set up to be.
  13. Robert-A-Fett Force Ghost

star 3
    I welcome anyone using their freedom of speech to offer a form of constructive criticism about our country. However. An Entertainer. Who owes their livelihood to the american system of government, who would not be where they are to day without this country to simply criticize, offer no factual support, or some idea on how to improve upon the existing system is simply using slander. Treasonous slander would not be an exaggeration. Frankly, anyone who has a gripe about this country and offers no actual facts and just wants to complain. Well. They can go find another country.
    If you dont agree with the war or with Bush's politics, then fine, dont vote for him. Or address the issue you disagree on.
    That'd be like saying "Oh, you're pro-choice? Well your a worthless human being."
    Seems stupid to take someones political opinions and use that to classify someone as a person. In my opinion if you act like a moron, yer a moron. If you act like a reasonable human being and have different views than me, yer a reasonable human being with different views than me.
  14. Robert-A-Fett Force Ghost

star 3
  15. Lady_Lucas Jedi Master

star 4
    I agree with you Neil, Jason, and Brandyn! :) :)
  16. padawan_schlicher Jedi Master

star 4
    IMHO you can disagree with a presidents politics as much as you want, except in a time of war; then you put your differences aside, hang the flag proudly and back your country and your countries leader. Also disagreeing with someone's politics and bashing the PERSON because of their politics is a completely different thing. Not only that but how cowardess is it to go to England to bash your own countries leader? If you got something to say, say it here!

On the flip side, she did have every right to say what she said, that is her right...at the same time it is America's right to stop buying their music because of what she said...knowing your rights and using them is a wonderful thing, being smart enough to know when to not use your rights is even better in some cases.

I think at this point everyone has put their 2 cents in and we can return to "What Kind of music do you listen too?" If you want to continue to talk about politics and world affairs feel free to start a thread on it.
  17. DARTHAUDITOR Jedi Master

star 2
    So, how about that classic rock. Is it just me or is that good music?
  18. padawan_schlicher Jedi Master

star 4
    Classic Rock is my personal fav! The wife and I went to the Fleetwood Mac concert in Indy last month!

*simi off topic: I also listen to ALOT of AM talk radio while I'm in the car, 700 and 550
  19. DARTHAUDITOR Jedi Master

star 2
    Don't stop thinking about tomorrow. I must say, if you want a great song listen to Jackson Browne, and the song "stay." Not the short version, but the long ten minute one.
  20. padawan_schlicher Jedi Master

star 4
    Also called Loadout or the Roadie song...very cool! I love that song!
  21. Sean_Starrider Jedi Master

star 4
    You can't talk about Classic Rock without mentioning Led Zeppelin, that is one amazing band..Soooo many great albums and responsible for changing the face of Rock and inspiring countless Musicians. :)
  22. padawan_schlicher Jedi Master

star 4
    oh yeah! They are awesome too!
  23. CptCorranHorn Force Ghost

star 5
    Styx and Queen are the two I mainly listen to

I even went to a Styx concert a few years ago, before I really heard them, and now I dont stop listening to them
  24. Robert-A-Fett Force Ghost

star 3
    I dig Clapton.
    Saw him in concert a couple years back and he rocks.
  25. Lady_Lucas Jedi Master

star 4
    Ludo and I returned form the Iron Maiden concert yesturday. It was an awesome time although my neck and back are killing me! It was so much fun, except for when Ludo almost kicked someone's butt. That story for another time...... 8-}
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.