main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC what kind of music does wocky like? the facts afawk

Discussion in 'Community' started by Rogue_Ten, Feb 21, 2016.

1. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    It occurs to me that there's no substantive difference between this avatar and the last widely discussed twitter post of your previous one.

Point Given likes this.
  2. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
  3. Boba Nekhbet

Boba Nekhbet Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    You consider revolutions to be negative, wocky?

4. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    Jeb Bush and his "America" post?

Nekhbet: I think that violence should be avoided where necessary. In this context, it would certainly seem to be a negative suggestion.

5. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    So you admit you were wrong to leave the British Empire? Knew it.

6. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    A movement dedicated to its wholesale destruction would have been much more interesting and useful than what Americans ended up doing, yes.

7. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Is that because when Man skirts too close to perfection it upsets your friend Jesus?

I'm so glad that people like slightly_unhinged and I share a head of state despite living on opposite ends of the planet.

So, did you listen to the RATM song, Wocky?

8. Boba Nekhbet

Nov 30, 2014
    I wish to report that Wocky sent me a bunch of weird songs from the late 1920s, one of which was basically like "People aren't celebrating Christmas right! Grump grump grump, I think they should be praying instead of getting blasted on egg nog!!!" It was like exactly the kind of thing Ender would sing jovially if Ender were a devout Christian. I suspect that he sent these to me with the intention that I would post them, but I will not.

tom and Ender Sai like this.
  9. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    narcissistic personality type that you are, surely you must like all the songs that are about you?

wock like an egyptian
    i wock the line
    woctopus's garden

Ender Sai likes this.
  10. AmySolo

AmySolo Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 12, 2016
    Admittedly I'm saddened you won't share. Sounds amazing.

11. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    Ender Sai likes this.
  12. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    the longer you hem and haw, sir, the more obvious it becomes to everyone that WILL SMITH IS A MONSTER AND A FRAUD AND A SEX PERSON

Ender Sai likes this.
  13. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    Rogue Number Ten: I am really at a loss for what you want me to explain here. An actor admits that Smith always treated him cordially, until that actor became associated with a known drunkard who berated Smith in a tone that was both profanity-laced and racialized. Afterwards, Smith was less friendly with both of them. I certainly see your point that forgiveness would have been commendable here, but the reaction is quite understandable. Especially when this fellow has taken as his hypothesis that one has to on drugs not to enjoy drunken temper tantrums. Did this guy honestly think Smith would look bad after telling this story? Did you?

AmySolo, here:

If I could briefly Rogue1-and-a-half on this song, it's far more than she's giving credit for. It is in fact a progressive indictment of American society. Long before Ayn Rand and her stupidly glorifying "philosophy," Clayborn offered up an incisive analysis of the corrosive effects of capitalism on ethics. The excessive focus on individual productivity feeds a generalized narcissism that bleeds into self-justification. Thus, personal activity and culture suffers into a twin degeneration of disregard for one's fellow man on the one hand, and a self-immolating hedonism on the other. This is brought into full view in the final verse of the song. Brilliantly breaking the cadence of the tune to emphasize the point and telegraph its essential wrongness (ie as wrong as the rhythm) he zeroes in on both the cause and effect of rampant alcoholism (as emblematic of all self-destructive behaviors) on the most incongruent of all occasions. This is a real masterwork, an arresting tune with an even more powerful message underlying. I would recommend it to any and everyone.

14. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    It is utterly **** Wocky.

Try this:

You will appreciate the tonal range of an 8-string guitar, tuned to read E A E A D G B E. By tuning the bottom two strings to E and A, in the same octave as a bass guitar, you are adding a bottom end to the mix that obviates the need for a bass guitarist. The virtuosity is obvious for all; the extended arpeggiated minor stacked 5th and 4ths, combined with the intervals chosen by guitar prodigy Tosin Abasi, more than satisfies the 3rd part of Wocky's criteria.

The title, referencing those who only value material goods, seems to align with his stated views on capital in the above post.

In conclusion for Wocky's methodology to be consistent he must love this song.

15. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
    Public nakedness is not honorable, Ender Sai. Also this is just a great cacophany of noise. There is no lyrical content to analyze, and you have not put forward any explanation as to how the composition connects to any underlying thematic concern.

16. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Wocky the music that will endure all time is not lyrical. Moreover you could listen to a movement from an opera in Italian or German and despite no proficiency in the language, and still feel broadly the emotion of the scene. One need not understand German not the tale of Tristan und Isolde to feel the pain in the Liebstod.

Calling this a great cacophony of noise says you don't appreciate musicality. The shifting of tonal centres, bridged or offset by diatonic nodes - it's brilliant. If it were done with violin, as Stravinsky might have composed, you would love it.

You sir, are an imposter. A charlatan. Your music palette is limited, unrefined, and unsophisticated. You merely pretend otherwise.

17. Boba Nekhbet

Nov 30, 2014
    Literally I have never been able to listen to an opera in another language and feel the emotion of the scene, that's nonsense.

dp4m likes this.
  18. Luigi

Luigi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2006
    I've never been able to listen to anything and feel the emotion of it. Is that what people are doing when they listen to music?

19. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Do you require English lyrics to sing along? Or just yell at the stage "Y'ALL DONE SPEAK ENGLISH? HUH?"

If you can't understand this:

You have probably been corrupted by Wocky and thus, no soul.

20. Boba Nekhbet

Nov 30, 2014
    Okay, good point. I watched it and now I really feel like the Jews are ruining everything.

Rogue_Ten likes this.
  21. Jabba-wocky

May 4, 2003
  22. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Sure, it's called Tristan und Isolde, so you could possibly confuse it as Nazi-esque but then again you are from Texas so expecting culture is a bit much. Hint though: the title is called "Love's Death" and it's named after the tale of Tristan and Iseult so sure.

23. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    [​IMG]

Ok ok I see why you were thinking of Jews.

24. Boba Nekhbet

Nov 30, 2014
    QFP

Also, Wagner. So.

Also I'm not clicking on that shady ass link that starts with "encrypted" and ends with a long string of characters and no file extension.

25. Boba Nekhbet

Nov 30, 2014
    I know you hate to think that you have anything in common with Rogue_Ten but honestly with both of you I need to learn just to wait until the editing window is up before even trying to respond.

Ender Sai likes this.