main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What kind of party would you like to have?

Discussion in 'Archive: Raleigh, NC' started by TallonKaardgamer, May 28, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TallonKaardgamer

TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Now that we're official, what kind of FanForce party would you like to see in June?
    Where would you hold it? What would be the coolest thing you can think of? Any ideas are appreciated!

2. Jedi_Natalie

Jedi_Natalie Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Does anyone else collect Star Wars cards? I don't know anyone else that collects them, and I think it would be kind of fun to do a little trading maybe at a party: ) . I'm just starting to collect AOTC cards, and I have Young Jedi, some Jedi Knights and some Star Wars CCG.

~Natalie
    http://www.jediquest.net

3. chuckreis

chuckreis Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 17, 2002
    I have one pack of clones cards somewhere :) And a whole stack of Return of the Jedi cards (back when they came with gun !), but those also are somewhere packed away.

As far as a party goes how about someplace interactive, putt-putt or a ci-cis pizza.. someplace you can be a bit rowdy without making others too upset.

As for when I will be out of town from June 19th-25th, and I work most sundays (the radio world runs 24-7 after all), but I can make arrangements for anytime really.

4. ohitsmagic

ohitsmagic Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2002
    I don't really get this whole CCG thing, but I am not at all opposed to watching you guys play to figure out the appeal. I bought some AOTC cards but got bored!

Speaking of games, I was in Charlotte this weekend and played some Star Wars arcade games for the first time in a long time. This is the one that came out in the 90s that has 3 scenarios from the original trilogy...they also had a Podracing game that was fun. Now does anybody know if there is any place in the Triangle that has the original Star Wars videogame from 1983 where you blow up the deathstar with those groovy vector graphics? I love that game!

I've seen AOTC 3 times now and I'm sure you all have too, but if people wanted to have another group viewing as part of a Fanforce meeting that might be fun. Or is it too antisocial to sit in a dark room together?

5. Padawan311

Padawan311 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 18, 2002
    Somewhere we can all interact and be social would be great, Like a putt-putt or a fun place to eat. Star Wars Trivial Pursuit or Monopoly could be fun.I dont know much about the card games, but I would like to give it a try or watch as well.

6. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jedi_Laura_Kenobi Jedi Master star 5

Jul 23, 2001
    I think the idea of a group viewing of AotC sounds fun! Or somewhere "interactive", as some of you mentioned. :) I don't collect the cards or anything, but it sounds like some people might. And I wouldn't mind watching, it would be interesting.

I guess I really shouldn't have a say in what is done in June, though, because I won't be here anyway. :p I'll be away from June 3rd until July 17th... :)

7. Padme_Karen

Padme_Karen Jedi Youngling star 1

May 20, 2002
    Just a suggestion for you guys .. maybe gather at a sports bar or something of that nature.

You could push some tables together. There are TV's,video games, pool tables, darts, and an assortment of beverages for all.

Anyone who wanted to play cards could and others could enojoy any of the other activities. Nothing like shooting pool or playing darts to help break the ice and get people interacting.

We have one here called 'Fox and Hound' its a very nice place restaurant/sports bar.. and even anyone under 21 could get in and hang out and drink all the soda they can handle before they drive. They have specials on the weekend so if you wanted to go on a Saturday afternoon that might be fun.

I might even make the drive up from Winston to join my Raleigh Star Wars peeps.

Just a thought ...

8. jadesaber2

jadesaber2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 17, 2000
    I would go, but my parents won't let me go to any bars, even if they only serve soda to people under 21. I'd say putt-putt, or a group viewing of AOTC, and even then I might not be able to go. Summer school and all. :(

9. Garindan_the_Kubaz

Garindan_the_Kubaz Jedi Youngling

Nov 25, 2001
    A party is definitely in order... something where we all get to meet each other, whereas in the past it's only been TalonKaardgamer and a couple other people. In addition to the June party i also think a group viewing of AOTC would be good. I've seen it three times already, and it wouldn't take much to get me to go to the theatre to see it again a fourth time. If we can agree on a day and a theatre that would be awesome... and hopefully many of you are the kind who like to make some noise when watching the Star Wars movies!

As for the party, the sports bar thing sounds fun, but I think that would keep a lot of the under-21 people away, no matter what the age-allowance is at the bar. I'm also among the number that hasn't gotten into the Star Wars CCG thing, but Star Wars monopoly and Trivial Pursuit does sound fun.

10. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    I want to please everyone as best as possible. I want to be inclusionary of all and not be age-discriminatory. Thinking win-win. I agree we need to have a gaming event like SW Monopoly / Trivial Pursuit, and lead that into an AOTC showing on a weekend. Then if we pick a time that gets us out of the theatre at night, the adults can continue on to a sports bar for various adult beverages as an optional basis. That way we can do both the family oriented thing first and the grown-up thing thereafter. Pick a weekend date, gang! It's all you ! PS I already have an idea for July :D

11. ohitsmagic

May 6, 2002
    This sounds like it is shaping up to be fun! I will be gone June 22 weekend, but will try to make it any other time. I've never played SW Trivial Pursuit, sounds like a blast...I sure hope the questions are easier than those crazy ones that Tallon was using at the Cary Premiere! :) "what was Han solo thinking about as he blasted into hyperspace"..."what is the diameter of the death star." Geez...!!

(I did use my movie passes to watch Insomnia this weekend so thanks!!)

12. chuckreis

Apr 17, 2002
    I used my pass to see "UnFaithful" decent movie but it's no Clones. Tallon you seem to have a good plan going, how about Sat June 29th?

13. Padawan311

Apr 18, 2002
    I cant on June 29th, I have a gathering to go to back home in Madison. Thats the only weekend I have plans for so far.

14. chuckreis

Apr 17, 2002
    Well how about june 8th or 15th?

15. ohitsmagic

May 6, 2002
    June 15 looks open for me.

16. TK-924

TK-924 Jedi Youngling

Apr 30, 2002
    Also, what about a "bring your fav SW prop and/or toy" type of party? I have heard of prop parties, but have never been to one. Sounds cool getting to show off your fav SW collectible toy or prop or whatever was SW related.
    Whatcha think?

17. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    June 15 is cool for me, I'll have to just duck out early to do a run at Ellerbee. I can't do the 22nd or the 29th, both are Lord of the Rings CCG events. Mike, I like your idea of bring your favorite SW toy - game - interest.

18. jadesaber2

jadesaber2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 17, 2000
    I think I might be able to do something on the 15th.

19. Jedi_Natalie

Jedi_Natalie Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    The 15th sounds good to me. I'll bring my lightsaber, tis my favorite thing :) . I've been to one prop party and it was a lot of fun, I'll be keeping an eye out for when they decide to have another one, I think Raleigh is the location they like to have them best.

~Natalie
    http://www.jediquest.net

20. Padawan311

Apr 18, 2002
    The 15th is free for me as well, and I can bring the lightsaber that I constructed myself to complete my training. ;-)

21. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Ok June 15 it is, then. Now where would you like to have it? Some ideas: any of the coutnry Libraries, Barnes and Noble's Cary (near Cary Town Center mall) Barnes and Noble's Raleigh ( near Crabtree mall), Borders Cary (Walnut st. near Crossroads), Borders Raleigh central (Six Forks at Falls of the Neuse), or Putt-Putt (Capital Blvd)?

Vote for your favorite here! ;)

22. chuckreis

Apr 17, 2002
    My vote goes for the Capital Putt-Putt place (Adventure Landing, I think.)

23. Padawan311

Apr 18, 2002
    Putt-Putt on Capital sounds good to me!

24. ohitsmagic

May 6, 2002
    Putt-Putt/Adventure Landing sounds fun, I've never been!

25. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Putt-Putt wins hands down! Ok you gotta deal, lemme talk to the Putt-putt mgmt for reserving a room there. It'll cost some money so you guys and gals will have to chip in, ok? ;)

Natalie, I have literally TONS of Star Wars CCG Decipher style for trade, so bring yours and we'll swap a bunch. I tried getting into Jedi Knights TCG , but the print was too small for these old eyes, so I gave them all to Patrick Hines, the other tourney director in the area. I've been working with a toy store in Apex to push Young Jedi as a learning game for kids. Unfortunately I won't touch the new SW TCG since it comes from a direct competitor, WotC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.