main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series What kind of previously established states could show up as serious third parties in Rebels?

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darth_Arapsis, Jun 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Arapsis

Darth_Arapsis Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2013
    All i can think of is Hapes. Despite amazons being everywhere in fiction ii would be wonderful to see Hapan Space. Are there any other known states who posses significant territory not just one or 2-3 planets?

2. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013
    Hutt Space obviously remains pretty independent throughout the dark times, and Bothan Space gets at least enough leeway to keep the SpyNet alive.

3. Barriss_Coffee

Barriss_Coffee Chosen One star 6

Jun 29, 2003
    Hapes is a fairly good contender come to think of it, seeing is the society was introduced alongside the Nightsisters.

Other than that -- splinter CIS groups? Angry Neimoidians? Maybe even Corellians? I'm surprised we haven't seen them yet.

Super_Battle_Droid likes this.
  4. Darth_Arapsis

Darth_Arapsis Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2013
    How about some awesome new Unknown Regions power/alliance of different nomadic species or groups?

InterestingLurker likes this.
  5. InterestingLurker

InterestingLurker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2011
    That would be nice. I also wouldn't mind the Empire getting embroiled with the politics of other nations that reside in the satellite galaxies(and perhaps taking over some).

darklordoftech likes this.
  6. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    I'd love to see more third party states. Especially if this show is about the origins of the Rebel Alliance, I'd love to see disorganized fragments such as Bail Organa falling in league with Separatist warlords, etc. building up into an alliance.

As much as I love Star Wars, one thing that gets kind of old IMO is the constant splitting of the universe into two neat little parties. Rebel vs. Empire, or the other 90% of the time Sith vs. Republic.

Hutts are an honorable mention, though they didn't get to do much in TCW. Factions like the Chiss, Deathwatch and Dathomir witches are third parties at different points though still not contenders on a galactic scale.

I'd love to see some kind of impact from the Clone War and pockets of Separatist resistance still in action during the beginning of Rebels' time frame.

7. Slowpokeking

Slowpokeking Jedi Master star 5

Sep 21, 2012
    Chiss Ascendancy, so we will have Thrawn.

8. Circular Logic

Circular Logic Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2013
    There are a number of things that bother me about extragalactic colonization efforts during the Dark Times. Due to the hyperspace disturbance beyond the galaxy, it was thought that hyperspace travel was impossible outside the GFFA. Yet it was noted that the Banking Clan had somehow managed to establish contact with two of the seven satellite galaxies beyond the GFFA. In any case, due to the inconveniences imposed by the hyperspace disturbance, I highly doubt the Empire would have sufficient time to establish a legitimate foothold in any of these satellite galaxies and interact with extragalactic species during the two brief decades between RotS and ANH. The travel time in the Intergalactic Void just seems like it could well take at least centuries... The Yuuzhan Vong spent hundreds of years in their worldships after leaving their ruined galaxy before entering the GFFA through Vector Prime. Perhaps the inhabitants of the GFFA's galactic civilization possessed the technology for quicker intergalactic travel, but I can't see them taking anywhere as short a time traversing the Void as one would a 120,000 light-year-spanning galaxy, where one can take any number of known hyperspace lanes to travel great distances in a relatively short amount of time. Do not underestimate the vast, astronomical distances a hundred-thousand light-years really is.

On a related note, I have always been curious about the physics of the SW universe as well. Can we assume it exists within our own universe, but very far, far away as indicated by the opening crawl of each movie, or in a completely fantastical universe? It's probably the latter, but bear with me when I consider the former idea, which I find more interesting. Our universe is expanding at an accelerated rate, thanks to the presence of dark energy that comprises nearly three-quarters of the visible universe. Thus, the vast majority of galaxies are red-shifting away from us as the universe expands. Is there any knowledge to indicate that the GFFA's satellite galaxies are red-shifting away or blue-shifting toward the galaxy, thereby affecting the distances between them? Sorry to go a bit off-topic, but such scientific curiosities always fascinate me. :-B

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  9. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Hutt space.

Mandalore. Which isn't supposed to be just one planet, even if TCW made it seem that way.

The Chiss Ascendency is a pretty powerful empire independant of the GE.

Kamino was located in a satellite galaxy orbiting well above the galactic disc of the GFFA proper... but once its location was known nobody seemed to have any difficulty going there. I imagine they had a hyperlane mapped out. The key to FTL travel in SW is hyperlanes that are mapped in detail, and allow ships to go very fast along a precise route, knowing they won't hit anything.

Going "off road" so to speak slows you down a lot because of the risk of hitting something yhat would destroy you. The ship needs to continually sense ahead as it flies.

10. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    To be fair, while TCW's depiction of everything Mandalore related was hardly glowing, the series did make nods to the larger Mandalore system, and didn't actually contradict the existence of the surrounding Mandalore sector, or Mandalorian Space. But yeah, considering everything that ever happened on Mandalore seemed to happen in Sundari, the one same old city, TCW wasn't exactly taking much of a larger view of things.

Good points on all the rest, though.

Contessa and darklordoftech like this.
  11. InterestingLurker

Jun 15, 2011
    The hyperspace disturbance is a retarded gimick and should be retconed out of the series. Also, I don't care about the stupid Yuuzhan Vong. Since technology was advancing rapidly during the Dark Times, the Empire could find a way to get to get to the satellite galaxies and start colonization efforts. Now, as for exploring full-fledged galaxies and not satellite galaxies, well, that should come after the Imperial Era.

Also, the Chiss Ascendency would make a nice nation for the Empire to take over.

Mandalore should be based on TCW's portrayal, though with Almec in power and with Bo-Katan as a rebel leader(although this depends on how early the Rebels TV series starts in the timeline).

12. Mia Mesharad

Sep 2, 2012
    [​IMG]

And using "retarded" as a pejorative is very outdated and in extremely poor taste.

Contessa likes this.
  13. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Black Sun.

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  14. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    My favorite is when someone calls someone else "retarted". Instant self-pwn.

Mia Mesharad likes this.
  15. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    I agree. It feels like an excuse for avoiding exploration.
    With Thrawn collaborating with the Empire!

16. Darth Eddie

Darth Eddie Jedi Master star 4

May 14, 2013
    The Onderon Rebels. After all that stuff we saw go down there, we gotta see more Onderon. Not necessarily as the founder of the rebels, but as a group who are highly likely to align with them. I liked the Saw/Lux/Ahsoka trio we saw there too.

17. agentkrycek

agentkrycek Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 4, 2012
    Definitely Mandalore. I would love to see the show pick up where TCW left off with Bo-Katan leading a rebellion against Almec.

18. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    fixed

19. Darth Eddie

May 14, 2013
    ...No fixing necessary. I do like the Saw/Lux/Ahsoka trio, and I know I'm in the minority there. Please don't redact my opinions for me.

20. darklordoftech

Sep 30, 2012
    Sorry. Just stating my opinions.

Darth Eddie likes this.
  21. Darth Eddie

May 14, 2013
    /\no prob. just a misunderstanding

22. InterestingLurker

Jun 15, 2011
    Your last sentence was retarded.

And yes, TCW Mandalorians should appear again and continue to evolve like they have since their debut in Season 2. They were a very multi-faceted culture in The Clone Wars series. I also would hate to get the typical Klingon-ripoff Mandalorians(or worse, the Karen Traviss Mandalorians).

23. Mia Mesharad

Sep 2, 2012
    Ooh, gotta be careful. You're just so edgy I might cut myself. :rolleyes:
    Both posts have been reported. There's a reason that's on the banned words list, think about it.

Contessa and darklordoftech like this.
  24. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Mia Mesharad is right about use of the term, and your continuing to use it, especially as a criticism of her post, is uncalled for. Please don't do that again.

25. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007

Here too. You're on quite the roll with use of this word today, and not just in this forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.