main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

LA, CA What kind of printer should Bubba get?

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Darth-Bubba, Mar 22, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    OK, this is kind of important, so I want opinions.

Keep in mind, Bachelor # 1 has PictBridge only.
    Bachelor # 2 has direct memory cards, and PictBridge.

I have a New Sony Camera that works with PictBridge (thanks Skyryder) and and Old Sony that does not.

My Computer only has TWO USB ports, and we have 2 MP3 Players, and the cameras.

Printer # 1 $80.00 after rebate

Printer 2 $130.00 no rebate.

Or, do I get # 1, and get a USB Hub. PLEASE ADVISE.

P.S. Printer # 2 is in my family room now, but still in Box. The liars at Best Buy told me that Sony was not PictBridge compatible, but it is. They lied.

2. Skyryder

Skyryder Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 13, 2004
    Never ask the people at Best Buy a question. I was doing research for LU.Net and needed to contact the local Best Buy stores. I called five local stores and asked the person who answered "Who is your store manager". Not one of them knew the person's full name. Three only knew the person's first name, one didn't know any name, and the last person I just hung up on because they were going to transfer me to someone they thought would know.

How the hell do you not know your manager's name! Those people are destined to have jobs where they wear their names on their shirt forever.

DB I'll do some research for you.

3. JediRacer

JediRacer Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 5, 2000
    Best Buy is run by high school students.
    Both printers look good.. get the more expensive one.
    I had an HP printer for a long time. It was good. I got an Epson hoping it would print pictures better. It does not, and it really sucks now.

4. DarthAstuart

DarthAstuart Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    i would just recommend never buying a lexmark. i have one now, and to quote the critic, "it stinks!"

5. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    We have an HP 4 in 1 printer/copier/scanner/fax machine. It works great. We have only owned HP printers and have never had a problem with them. Which one to chose? Who knows. As long as both work with whatever you need it for then I would buy the newer model. It probably has more features.

We also have an Epson photo printer. It works great also.

6. Jiltedtoo

Jiltedtoo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 18, 2002
    First off, let me say that HP makes the best printers on the market, and I am not saying that because I work for them.

Second, unless you are planning on printing color pages for your kids 5th grade Social Studies report, I would highly suggest a Laser Jet B&W printer. Far more efficient printing, get more prints per cartridge, and the cartridges are generally cheaper as most are refillable.

If you must have a color, both you have selected are good choices. A USB hub would be good, or you can probably use a printer cable to connect since most printers still offer the option.

Last, never ever buy anything at BestBuy. You can usually save more money shopping on-line at such places as Overstock.com or even using yahoo shopping.
    Bestbuy is great if you want to see the item before buying on line, and also does have some good super special deals but generally they are more expensive because they have such high overhead.

Oh, and if you want a printer to print pictures, I would also look at Cannon as they make great photo printers.

7. DarthHaskett

DarthHaskett Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2003
    Jiltedtoo, you are a wealth of information.

8. Darth-Bubba

Darth-Bubba Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 11, 2002
    thanks everyone. Sincerely appreciate the feedback. Seems everyone likes HP. You are all right, the high school kids at Best Buy are all inexperienced/ full of it.

Carolyn and I go through printers often. (she printed a lot for her literature major) Our lest Epson last three years. WOn't buy Epson again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.