main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL What kind of Star Wars Geek are you?

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by TheExecutor, Oct 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheExecutor

TheExecutor Jedi Master star 3

Nov 8, 2002
    In this thread please tell us what kind of Star Wars geek you are. We would like to know more about are fellow fans such as what you accumulate and collect. You can be general or just down right specific. Tell us if you collect the books, the toys, the games or just a general collection of Stuff.

What turns your Hyperdrive on? Do you get all excited over the new books? What makes you such a Star Wars fan, and most importantly what makes you a specific type of Star Wars Geek. Tell us your area of specialty.

Some people spend a lifetime amassing Stuff and more Stuff! I seem to be running out of room for my new Stuff, so I need to sell or get rid of my old Stuff! Do you have this problem? Tell us you grips on being a geek, do you keep it a secret or do you share it with a friend or loved one?

2. General Kenobi

General Kenobi Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 31, 1998
    I like to watch all the SW films in a row.

Every day.

3. TheExecutor

TheExecutor Jedi Master star 3

Nov 8, 2002
    I found that I have had to specialize in my collection. Such as print only meaning most if not all books that have anything Star Wars in the title, the novels, the RPG, the art of, the guides and other miscellaneous books.

I found that I could not collect action figures; they made me feel kind of stupid, not that it is, and I could never really see myself doing it because it made me feel childish. I tried to get into the costume thing but I feel out of place and I feel I would take it way to far. I needed to find some kind of balance in my life! My need to be a Star Wars fan and my need to feel that I?m not really a Geek (A lie I tell myself!) I eventually started collecting miscellaneous books and then I got into the Role Playing Game. This in turn got me into the Extended Universe of the novels.

I really want to collect actual prop replicas but because of the sheer prohibitive cost of it I can?t! Some times I feel like I have a dirty littlie secret from the rest of the world! I am a geek and sometimes I have pride in it and some times I feel like a nut.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.