main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What Level of Being Spoiler-Free Are YOU?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by Jabachile, Jun 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. netslave

netslave Jedi Youngling star 2

May 30, 2002
    help you will receive. =) it would be great if someone would write a script we could add to our browser so that is 'highlight to read' ability wouldn't work!! ;)

join me in my quest to be a MASTER!

2. Jabachile

Jabachile Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 16, 2001
    Man, I found myself SO close to highlighting that...but I resisted :)

Lookout, I'm gonna be a Master!!!

3. netslave

May 30, 2002
    yes!! JaBachile! with your help we can rule the galaxy! haha ;)

really tho, good goin.

EDIT: the secret to being a master is to not even read the EP3 articles!

4. Jabachile

Sep 16, 2001
    I've been good...I just wanted to get a jist of it, but the second I saw the "Highlight to read", I clicked "Back"!

I'm gonna be TOTALLY spoiler-free!!

5. netslave

May 30, 2002
    woohoo! but much temptation I sense in you. temptation leads to clicks, clicks lead to reading, and reading leads to SPOILERS!!! haha (sorry, just had to!)

;)

6. Darth_Tyrannous

Darth_Tyrannous Jedi Master star 4

Oct 15, 2001
    Spoiler-free Jedi Kinght. I will watch the trailers and read reviews. I can't wait to see the trailers, I will be amazed even more not knowing what the images are as opposed to Ep II trailers which I knew exatcly what to expect

Drool... Trailers

Darth_Tyrannous The canadian signature and Sacremento Kings signature, I?m proud of you guys

7. darth_brutus

darth_brutus Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    I was a master until about 2 weeks before AOTC, then I turned to the darkside. This time i'll stick with jedi knight, a more acievable target.

8. TheVioletBurns

TheVioletBurns Jedi Master star 4

May 27, 2002
    Sad to say, I'm probably more of a Padawan at this point. My goal is Knight. ;)

TVB.

9. Anvia_Fett

Anvia_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    Just now I highlighted the spoiler text in the 'Lucas Ep3 comments' report but then remembered I was supposed to be spoiler free so I shut my eyes. I kept my eyes shut for 3 minutes and then finally clicked my mouse randomly to unhighlight the text.

Go me.

:)

That was a totally pointless story but I thought Id share that with you because it proves that I do have some level of self control. :)

10. Ugly_Dookling

Ugly_Dookling Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 8, 2002
    I said I would be spoiler free for III and I have already failed. I was thinking, what could Lucas possibly say three years in advance that could spoil. Now I know. No more spoilers for me.

11. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Spoiler-Free Jedi Knight

I think anything released by "official" sources like "StarWars.com" and "Star Wars Insider" are perfectly safe, and commercials are released by Lucasfilm (so they're safe). I've stayed a SF Jedi Knight since TPM, and plan on following the same philosophy for Episode III.

12. Darth-Zod

Darth-Zod Jedi Master star 3

Nov 9, 2001
    Ugly Dookling, thats exactly what I thought. Lucas will change his mind many times in the next three years, so I figure its ok to read the early spoilers. Although I need to stop reading them now, or I'll never be able to quit.

13. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    I just made a pact with my fiance to ONLY WATCH the teaser trailer- but NOTHING ELSE. No pictures, no articles- I'll get the merchandise and stuff but I will put it all away in a closet until the movie comes out.

Translation: I'm going for an inbred of Knight/Master.

14. Jabachile

Sep 16, 2001
    Yup, I'm gonna just watch a teaser trailer, but NOTHING else!

15. netslave

May 30, 2002
    well, if you guys are going for --MASTER--, then what am I going for? I don't even want to watch the teaser!!!! ;) haha like that will happen.

16. Jabachile

Sep 16, 2001
    Well then I guess we'll have to make a new category...hmm.....

EDIT: Nevermind. If you watch ANY TRAILERS, you're a Jedi Knight.

17. Joey7F

Joey7F Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 18, 2000
    Most of what Lucas had said are not "spoilers" and even stuff he says is acceptible in this forum.

I had a feeling what he said would be the case in order to make the timeline work.

Heck one of the "spoilers" is that (nothing at all spoiling unless you are out of it)
    . the droids will lose their memory...NO SHOCK! That has only been said by George Lucas, RM, Anthony Daniels et al. No secret there...
    --Joey

Edit my post if we changed the rules from AOTC

18. MatRags

MatRags Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2001
    Okay, I said I was going to be a Jedi Knight, but I think I'll be a Master now... no previews for me... nope... nada

Master Mat Rags at your service.

19. Patches

Patches Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 4, 2002
    I'm a Jedi Knight. I actually don't mind coming across a few spoilers; I just don't go looking for them. I was unintentionally spoiled for a few things pre-AOTC, but it didn't hinder my enjoyment at all (especially since I didn't know when those things would happen)

20. Shadow2488

Shadow2488 Jedi Youngling

Dec 3, 2001
    I too will be a Jedi Knight (I hope). I was doing pretty well for AotC. I read the general plot, but didn't really take it seriously at the time, and soon forgot it. I really wasn't paying atention to AotC at all. I had my mind on other things. But then I downloaded the Mystery trailer... it seduced me! That and that evil Breathing. My Forbiden Love of spoilers soon rose. I just couldn't resist anymore, and learned everything leading into the Clone War. But I hope to change that. No more highlighting text. I still plan on downloading the trailers, but this time, I'll be prepared. I won't make the same mistake twice!

Edits: Spelling

21. Jabachile

Sep 16, 2001
    This time around I have the advantage of KNOWING what a spoiler is! Early last year, I had no idea!

22. Lord_Homer

Lord_Homer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 30, 2002
    I'm only reading stuff GL says. I already know two spoilers, but they aren't that big. I already knew them a long time ago.

23. MrSloth

MrSloth Jedi Youngling

May 1, 2002
    I'd love to be a master but I know I won't be able to not watch the trailers so I'm going for Jedi Knight. I've been Jedi Knight for the past two and enjoyed both movies so I see no reason to become spoiler rotten for the last one. You won't get another chance after this one so you have to make it count.

24. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Obi-Wan's Apparition Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 10, 2000
    I guess I would say Jedi Knight. I want to be a master, but I think I will only watch the trailers one time each. Other than that, I don't think I will avoid anything that is related. :)

25. Pooja

Pooja Jedi Knight star 6

May 25, 2002
    Well...okay- I think there should be a ranking for people who don't see ANYTHING, not even the teaser, and a rank for a person who has ONLY seen the teaser. The both are very incredible feats, and I for one will NOT LIE about anything. If I slip and watch the full trailer, I'll let you know with tears flowing.
    ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.