main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga What Lies in the Mind--AU-- Obi-wan, Qui-gon, Anakin, etc.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by RevansGhost, Mar 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RevansGhost

RevansGhost Jedi Youngling

Jul 20, 2007
    Title: What Lies in the Mind
    Author: RevansGhost aka. Tag des Todes
    Timeframe: Saga, in the midst of the Clone Wars; AU
    Characters: The usual line up: Obi-wan, Qui-gon, Anakin, Padmè, etc.
    Genre: Action/Adventure/Mystery
    Summary: Obiwan didn?t return to the Jedi Order after MelidaDaan. Quigon and Anakin face the Clone Wars together. However, it becomes apparent that the war is being manipulated and with the discovery of a boy the pieces begin to click.
    Disclaimer: Don?t own Star Wars, and I make no money from this text.
    A/N: This is a story that I have already posted on another site, but have decided I would post a revised version here. This is my first story here, so I?m hoping I?m posting it correctly.

Prelude:
    Once you come upon death,
    everything returns to nothingness.
    As a puppet,
    whose strings have been cut,
    you just collapse.
    -from Ghost in the Shell 2: Innocence

Qui-gon Jinn sighed as he and his ward left the Council Chamber. His sigh caused the blonde-haired boy to look up at him with his blue eyes. Qui-gon silently noted the fear that was present in the eyes. The change that had been thrust into the child?s life was more than enough to cause any being to be afraid. After all, the boy had been taken from his home world and his mother, who was the only family the boy had ever had, and now he found himself on a completely foreign world and under the scrutiny of twelve Jedi Masters, who could make even the strongest of knights nervous. It did not help that the Masters seemed uneasy of Qui-gon?s intents to train Anakin.

?Master Qui-gon, sir,? Anakin asked his voice very low. ?What is going to happen to me??

?You will be trained, Anakin.? The Jedi Master looked fondly down at the boy. ?You have my word. The Council just has concerns, regarding your age. Normally, candidates arrive at the temple when they are infants. This is done specifically to prevent strong attachments from forming between the candidate and their birth families. Such attachments can prove dangerous for Jedi, and could possibly lead one to the Darkside of the Force.?

Anakin?s eyes widen. He could not imagine such a thing. ?So Jedi don?t know their parents??

Qui-gon glanced out a window briefly. ?Many Jedi meet their relations, while others choose to never make contact with their birth families. However, they mustn?t become so attached to them that they would be unable to perform their duties. When you are older, I will tell you a story about a boy named Xanatos.?

?What happened to him??
    Qui-gon brushed down the sorrow that began to eat at his heart. ?He was killed.?

?Oh,? Anakin mouthed, sensing that Qui-gon was sad. ?What do we do now??

?Wait,? Qui-gon said, leading the way to his quarters. ?I am still responsible for the Queen?s protection. It is likely that she will choose to return to Naboo.?

?Won?t that be dangerous?? Anakin asked, trying to keep up with Qui-gon?s long strides.

?No doubt, the Queen will find the task to be daunting.? Qui-gon turned down another corridor. ?But if anyone can do so, I believe it would be Queen Amidala. She is very strong-willed.? He paused. ?And here is my room. After the Council decides to train you, we will move into the Padawan/Master suites. They?re much bigger than the Knight quarters.?

Anakin eyes darted in awe around the room. The size of the room did not matter to the nine-year old, especially when he began notice all the interesting items held within its confines. On a small table in front of a couch there sat an oblong plate, which held numerous rocks that the Jedi Master seemed to collect. Anakin?s attention landed on a lightsaber that hung on the wall, and he walked quickly over to it. He raised his hand to touch the polished metal, but Qui-gon called him back.

?Don?t touch that, Ani!?

It was the first time that Qui-gon had snapped at him, causing the boy to frown before peering more closely at the lightsaber.

?I?m sorry that I yelled,? Qui-gon said, seeming to read the you

2. Icecruncher_Amidala

Icecruncher_Amidala Jedi Master star 2

Sep 27, 2007
    =D= Is Dukke Obi-Wan!:) Please pm me when you update!=D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.