main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends What Lies In the Shadow: Old Republic

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by sithjeff, Apr 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sithjeff

sithjeff Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2005
    Title: What Lies in the Shadow
    Author: Sithjeff
    Timeframe: Old Republic (specific time unknown)
    Characters: Tobac, Master Ikoz, Master Jekk (characters I made up)
    Genre: Drama, Action
    Summary: A wookie child is found alone on his homeworld, his home was engulfed in flames. He is trained by Master Ikoz (A Mon Calamari) to become a Jedi and will try to stop the Sith that left him alone, and left his home in flames.

Hey, this is my first ever fan fiction, so I would appreciate comments or anything you have to say.
    Hope you enjoy.

CHAPTER 1
    The lone wookie child stood before the Jedi Council. Confusion, sadness, and concern were some of the many emotions that troubled the young one. He must have not been more than a month over five years old.
    ?You found him alone? You are sure that there were no others?? An elegant human Jedi questioned the Ithorian.
    ?Yes, his home was engulfed in flames,? is roughly what the Ithorian Jedi spoke in his language.
    ?This is a bit unexpected, are there any masters willing to take another padawan?? The elegant human by the name of Jekk asked the Ithorian.
    ?I believe that Master Ikoz just finished training his last padawan,? The Ithorian told Master Jekk.
    ?Hmmm?Master Ikoz. I believe a change in environment would do good for the boy,? Master Jekk said.
    Master Jekk leaned over, and made sure that the wookie?s and his eyes met.
    ?Well child, it seems that you will be spending time with Master Ikoz. Would you like that?? he asked the wookie.
    The young wookie solemnly nodded.
    Master Jekk leaned back into his chair.
    ?Master Ferth, contact Master Ikoz, and tell him to report here immediately,? Master Jekk told the Ithorian.
    ?In the mean time, I will show the boy around,? Master Jekk informed the council.
    He got up from his chair and started to walk towards the exit.
    ?Come with me,? he said to the boy as he passed him.
    The young wookie followed close behind.
    ?Tell me son, have you ever seen a lightsaber?? Master Jekk.
    ?I have only heard of them in tales that my father once told me. He told me that they were as bright as a sun, and sharper than any sword that could be crafted by hand,? The wookie spoke softly in his language as they passed through a hallway.
    ?Your father was a wise man then. But, it is a dangerous weapon, you must learn how to use it properly. You will, in time,? Master Jekk said.
    Master Jekk and the wookie passed through a room where young children were practicing their lightsaber skills with a Jedi Master.
    Master Jekk smiled as the young wookie?s eyes widened at the sight of the blue and green glows.
    ?If you don?t mind me asking, what is your name? Master Ferth says that you refused to tell him. I must admit, you have been quite quiet before this,? asked Master Jekk.
    ?My name is Tobac,? the wookie responded.
    Master Jekk stopped in a room where there was a holo-projector and two chairs.
    ?Have you ever seen an ocean, Tobac?? he asked.
    ?Yes. My mother?s heart yearned for its beauty on my homeworld, but times were too dangerous, and we could never stay too long,? Tobac responded sadly.
    ?Then I believe you will greatly enjoy your stay on Mon Calamari,? Master Jekk said with a smile.
    He turned the holo-projector on, revealing a large hologram of Mon Calamari. Tobac?s eyes scanned the blue surface of the world. It was beautiful to him, the vastness of the ocean, and the small islands. It was not a sight you could find on Kashykk.
    ?You will be staying here,? Master Jekk said.
    The holo-projector zoomed closer and closer to the surface, revealing a floating city. Its beauty and complexity would put any tree village on Kashykk to shame.
    ?We will wait here, until your new Master arrives,? Master Jekk stated.

MORE OF CHAPTER 1 SOON

2. Noelie

Noelie Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 11, 2005
    A young wookie apprentice?

That is a very cool idea!

First fanfic ever? Well good luck and just have fun with it!

3. sithjeff

Sep 2, 2005
    Thanks. Yeah, I always enjoyed the idea of wookie jedi.

4. sithjeff

Sep 2, 2005
    Here's the rest of chapter one.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
    Master Ikoz sat in the co-pilot seat of his cruiser as their ship came out of hyperspace.
    Coruscant, the planet swamped with more buildings than sand on Tatooine. Well, he supposed it was close. Coruscant was as crowded as Tatooine was desolate.
    It was not often that Master Ikoz would be called in to report to the council. He suspected that this time, there would a padawan for him.
    He could not complain though, he loved to train Jedi, and to watch them grow older, wiser, and stronger over the years. It was a way of ensuring all the knowledge that his Master gave him would be passed on.
    His fish-like eyes scanned the all familiar scene of Coruscant. With each passing second, they came closer to the Jedi Council, and closer to his new padawan.
    _________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Master Jekk got up from his seat.
    ?Come, we must get to the Jedi Council before your new master arrives,? He told Tobac.
    Tobac followed him.
    Master Jekk kept a fast pace through the rooms and hallways, and Tobac followed close behind.
    They finally reached the council room.
    ?Stand here, in the middle,? Master Jekk ordered Tobac.
    Tobac stopped and stood there.
    He had to admit he was nervous; he had no clue what Master Ikoz would be like. He stood there, anxious every second to hear his new Master coming.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Master Ikoz?s ship made a smooth stop on the landing pad. With a slight smile on his face, he walked down from his ship and towards the building.
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Tobac heard it, someone was coming. The footsteps grew closer, and they were coming in his direction.
    ?Hello, Master Ikoz,? Master Jekk spoke.
    Tobac turned from looking at the Council, to the entrance of the Council Room. There stood an orange Mon Calamari. Tobac had never seen a Mon Calamari before, and although the sight was awe striking, he looked closer at Master Ikoz.
    The first and most noticeable things were the fish-like features. The bug-eyes, the damp, and probably slimy skin, and the mouth.
    ?Good morning, Master Jekk,? Master Ikoz responded.
    Tobac was astounded at the strength of his voice. It sounded bold, yet peaceful.
    ?It appears we may have a new student for you, Master Ikoz,? Master Jekk said.
    ?Is that so?? Master Ikoz replied.
    Master Ikoz smiled at Tobac.
    ?It is this wookie child. His name is Tobac,? Master Jekk stated.
    ?Hello, Tobac,? Master Ikoz said.
    ?Hello, Master,? Tobac replied in Shryiiwook.
    ?Are you willing to train this child to become a Jedi Knight?? Master Jekk asked.
    ?You know me, Master Jekk. I will not decide for the child,? Master Ikoz responded.
    ?Tobac, this decision is yours. Would you like me to train you to become a Jedi Knight? It will be a hard journey, but I will help you every step of the way,? Master Ikoz told Tobac.
    ?Yes Master, I promise to fufill my duties as a padawan,? Tobac replied.
    Master Ikoz now looked at Master Jekk and smiled.
    ?Go, Master Ikoz and Tobac. For the journey has only just begun,? Master Jekk said.
    ?Come padawan, we will depart to Mon Calamari now,? Master Ikoz whispered to Tobac.
    With that, Tobac followed Master Ikoz out of the council room. They were now, on the first step of their long journey.
    ?Well Tobac, I believe we can begin some basic training on the trip to Mon Calamari,? Master Ikoz said.
    ?Master Jekk showed me a hologram of Mon Calamari. It looked like a very interesting place to live,? Tobac replied.
    ?Ah, yes. It is. It is very peaceful in some parts. Wonderful, for learning the ways of The Force,? Master Ikoz responded.
    They were now out of the building and on the landing pad. Tobac stood there, observing his new Master?s

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.