main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series What loose ends do you want tied up from TCW

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Feb 21, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. revan772

revan772 Jedi Master star 4

Aug 5, 2014
    You guys do realize that a character doesn't have to die in order for their story to be wrapped up, right?

I am not saying Maul's story is over, but he does not have to die for it to end.

Some fans are just facinated by the idea of killing off characters that were not in the films (like Ahsoka, Rex and Maul) and for some reason think that just because they weren't in the movies they have to die. ;-;

First of all, this is a big universe. Maul could be a completely different character by ROTJ, sitting on a beach relaxing, or even ruling Mandalore. Because we don't hear about Mandalore in the movies. Or he could be dead. Either way I want to see his story play out and expand.

Second, Sidious himself confirmed Maul is no longer a threat. So we can assume that he can survive and not cause a problem for Sidious or any existing plot already. :p

2. redlightning

redlightning Jedi Knight star 4

Feb 1, 2014
    Darth Maul should never have been resurrected. Hopefully he is simply killed off.

3. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    For me the ending of TCW would suffice, especially with story resolutions for Asohka, Rex, and Mandalore. The rest can come out as filler content. While I agree the series had Anakin and Obi-Wan, I don't agree that it was mainly about them alone. Over time, it became more and more about Asohka and Darth Maul, and Rex, along with the state of galaxy.

I agree with red lightning, they should have never brought back Darth Maul.

4. 13977

13977 Jedi Master

Jan 18, 2008
    IMO the big two loose ends that need resolving are, Darth Maul needs to be killed off, preferable before end of TCW IMO, maybe in the unproduced Mandalore arc (that is hopefully getting released as a comic) as people have speculated. And second, Boba Fett needs to get Slave 1 back. People have speculated this would happened in the unreleased Bounty Hunter arc.

I couldn't disagree more. We've been told that the story group consider all the unproduced episodes to be canon so IMO all the unproduced episodes need to be released under The Clone Wars Legacy banner in what ever media they can, be it story reels, comics or novels, just to get these stories out to fans. The events from these episodes tie into Rebels, the films and other media, and enhance the bigger over arcing stories across the whole saga IMO.

vong333 likes this.
  5. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    Boba had Slave 1 back in Dark Disciple, so it seems highly likely that he got it back in the Bounty Hunter arc.

13977 likes this.
  6. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    So does that mean we would see Hondo? :D

The Legions of Lettow likes this.
  7. Ancient Whills

Ancient Whills Force Ghost star 6

Jun 12, 2011
    If there is a loose end, the biggest has to be the whole Maul business, but seriously, I don't think they spent so much effort to bring him back just to kill him a few seasons later unfortunately. Will he appear in rebels? I don't know but I will say that I'm not going to be surprised if he does eventually.

8. SensationalSean

SensationalSean Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2014
    Maul is way too popular not to use, I just hope he and Ahsoka do battle at some stage!

9. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Would like to see Maul start a new line of Sith. Maybe goes to Moribund and has a vision showing him Sheev's fall at Endor so he goes back into the shadows and running parts of the underworld from behind the scenes. Finds himself an apprentice and continues the Sith line.

Mother_Talzin likes this.
  10. CoolyFett

CoolyFett Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    Hopefully the more Hondo episodes the better, now that Rebels is featuring Real Star Wars characters it is definitely getting interesting. Cant wait to see more Bail, Tarkin and Vader in this show.

11. vong333

vong333 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 18, 2003
    Yeah hopefully, we can get something next year. More clone wars is good. I hoping that TFA does so good that Disney will allow all that stuff to come out

12. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    That's possible going happen, as it should. Most likely happen by the hands of Anakin Vader

13. gaarastar58

gaarastar58 Jedi Master star 3

Dec 19, 2010
    I want to know what happened to Cody. Hoping we will be introduced to him as an antagonist and as a baddie for Rex to defeat. That would be cool.

MandaloreRex2015 likes this.
  14. The Mirificus

The Mirificus Jedi Knight star 2

Aug 25, 2015
    Or to defeat Rex :( That "Rex!!!" scream from the S2 Midseason trailer sounds pretty desperate.

15. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    If the video was not altered at all then it seems to happen in the next episode, but since their is a 99 percent chance the dialogue was switched who knows?

16. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Well in earnest its best for a Clone Trooper to go out fighting, its what they'd like cause thats what they were bred for and most enjoyed doing what they did. For someone like Rex, a trooper, dying in combat would be preferable and honorable probably more than dying of cancer in retirement. Think back to 99. Whether or not I think he dies this season, no idea.

Canyon D likes this.
  17. TaradosGon

TaradosGon Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 28, 2003
    It's more a loose end of ROTS that has been reopened. But with the Mining Guild being shown in Rebels, Filoni has argued that it's mention in ESB shows that the mega corporations were not absorbed into the Empire. If that's the case, then I'd like to see the Trade Federation again, to see what has become of them under the Imperial Regime.

18. Canyon D

Canyon D Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 17, 2015
    What ever happened to cloning the Zillo beast and what happened to Serapis?[​IMG]

19. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Tarkin's Minging and Shipping also became huge after the Naboo crisis and after the Trade Federation took a beaten. So am sure Tarkin is linked in with all the corporate elites and urbane who actually control things more than the senators or Supreme Chancellor, this point was made with Valorum and later Palpatine and Sidious. Senates are either directly behind corruption or in the pockets of the corporations . The Trade Federation corporation was nationalized by the newly formed Galactic Empire at some point. So probably only some corporations had some semblance of sovereignty to a degree, but most of these corporations are allied to the Empire or in their pocket one and/or have the habit of playing whatever sides for capital gain. Many of the corporations also employ mercenary armies going back to days of Valorum. We know that even Shadow Collective, had it fully formed, could've defeated both the Republic and Separatists. Pirates and rogue Droid fleets still operate during the "Dark Times" and beyond so its not really like the Empire ever really fully was victorious or 100% at this timeline to control everything but that was their main goal of Palpatine 1,000 year or more Empire- but right now its still in a state of conflict and war not peace, especially as they expand further outside of the old Republic sphere and encounter resistance of various sorts as they're conquering and expansive regime. Plus now facing the resistance from the Rebels and some senators like Mothma and Bail presumably must also be giving Palpatine and his cronies some trouble but he has not eliminated them for yet unknown reasons possibly because they're still too powerful and influential.

This was interesting from A New Dawn:

[​IMG]

20. Darth_Harmon

Darth_Harmon Jedi Master star 4

Jul 4, 2005
    A followup to the Zillo beast would make for a great Rebels episode. Have the rebels learn of a secret facility where they are cloning zillo beasts as experimental lightsaber proof armor. Introduce some cool new stormtroopers, have some smaller zillo beasts in cloning tanks, and show us the body of the one from TCW. Minimal production budget, cool story.

21. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    He was around, but stopped using the suit on TCW after Ahsoka's talk after the suit was destroyed. He was just himself or in a swoopbike after.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Seripas[/quote]

22. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    I'm not too concerned about the various bounty hunters or fringe characters from the CW, though they could be tossed into Rebels without conflict. With all the crossover CW characters in Rebels, and more to come, I'd like to see Barriss. We can assume she remains in prison during ROTS, but after the fall of the Republic, I imagine she'd be executed or used by Sidious in some way.

23. DANNASUK

DANNASUK Force Ghost star 7

Nov 1, 2012
    I'd like to see some Imperial politics on Coruscant and how the inner core planets reacted to the Empire (these buggers benefited the most from Imperial rule). Would be interesting to see the transition more from the Republic to Empire.

The Legions of Lettow likes this.
  24. CoolyFett

Feb 3, 2003
    Yes we will and did see Hondo. As for loose ends to get back on topic. I want to see what happened to Jar Jar, Darth Marl and I'd like to see the relationship with Bail and Tarking explored.

25. daniel brown

daniel brown Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 23, 2015
    Have you seen the mid-season trailer?

CoolyFett likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.