What LOTR race would you be?

Discussion in 'Greater Cincinnati Tristate Region' started by DarthSkywalker360, Nov 18, 2003.

?

What LOTR race would you be?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
Human 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Dunedan Human (Aragorn is a Dunedan with an extended life span) 3 vote(s) 17.6%
Elf 5 vote(s) 29.4%
Dwarf 2 vote(s) 11.8%
Wizard 2 vote(s) 11.8%
Hobbit 2 vote(s) 11.8%
Ent 1 vote(s) 5.9%
Orc, Goblin, or Uruk-Hai 1 vote(s) 5.9%
Maia (Sauron and the Balrog both belong to this race) 1 vote(s) 5.9%
Other 0 vote(s) 0.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthSkywalker360 Jedi Master

star 3
  2. DarthSkywalker360 Jedi Master

star 3
    I put up this poll because The Two Towers Extended Edition came out today and Return of the King comes out in theaters next month so I thought it would be cool to see what people vote for.

I voted to be a Dunedan Human, I wouldn't want to live forever, and it would be cool to have an extended life span.
  3. padawan_schlicher Jedi Master

star 4
    It is a very interesting question. I don't know exactly what I would say. In some ways i can see traits of alot of the races in me. For one example: Ent...very calm and even tempered...takes alot to make them mad, but when something actually does make them mad they really get mad and are actively do something about what makes them mad...

I haven't figured out yet what I want to vote for...
  4. Khamier_Sarin Jedi Padawan

no contest elves have keen eyes and pointy ears
  5. Darth_Tynaus Jedi Master

star 4
    I have a stron peference for Elf's. I like their lifespan and their vision. Just think of the possiblites with that ability.
  6. padawan_schlicher Jedi Master

star 4
    not only do elves have really cool vision, but they are also less dense than other races. Notice that Legolas walks on TOP of the snow as the fellowships tries to go over the mountains. Very cool...
  7. Robert-A-Fett Force Ghost

star 3
    I voted for Maiar. Not only are Sauron and Balrog's Maiar, but so are Gandalf and Saruman. They are Uber kewl. Angels and Demons would be the only analagous thing I could think of for them.
  8. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    Dunedan Human would be a great race to be. Imagine having the ability to gain (in human terms) a lifetime of experience/wisdom...and yet have the physical ability to make a difference long after most humans. Nothing against senior citizens...but we've all at one point said: "if I knew then what I do now"...this would be that kind of chance.

Of course as they say in the Highlander movies: "Who wants to live forever" - Queen
  9. drk-lady-of-the-sith Jedi Knight

star 1
    I would prefer to be an elf. They are so in tune with their surroundings and only die if killed.
  10. CptCorranHorn Force Ghost

star 5
    I'm gonna have to say elf too
  11. DarthSkywalker360 Jedi Master

star 3
    I picked Dunedan because i would still be human, but with an extended lifespan, and to have the strength of a 30 year old person when you are 90 years old.

I thought of elves but I came to the conclusion that i'm not an elf because the elves sail away right when the war of the ring starts and I don't think that's a coincidence. I would rather stay and fight for the freedom of middle earth, than run away to Valinor.
  12. padawan_schlicher Jedi Master

star 4
    Gee drk-lady I wonder why you picked Elf? It couldn't be because of a certain member of the Fellowship could it?
  13. Qui-Gon_Ludo Jedi Master

star 4
    I'll go with hobbit!! The shire is such a great place!
    I'm with you Padawan! I watched the Extended version of TTT, and that "surfing Legolas" scene is really dreadfull!!
    But with all the new scenes (especially Boromir's), I really start to think that TTT is the best movie ever made!
  14. Krash RSA Emeritus

star 5
    My favorite new scene has to be The Final Tally...I loved the competition/friendship Legolas and Gimli have been building, after such a rough start.

(preview of next year's All-Ohio 2004)
    Krash...43
    Padawan92...42 (whacks someone from Cincy) He was still twitching...43!
  15. padawan_schlicher Jedi Master

star 4
    that's ok KRASH, we'll all be on at least 75 or 80 by that point ;)
  16. Lady_Lucas Jedi Master

star 4
    Padawan(AJ) said..":I am like the Ent...very calm and even tempered"..pffff....You don't fool me, under that calm exterior, there is alot activity going on!!

I picked "Elf" because they seem to be one of the most sophisticated and intelligent races. Not to mention they are pretty sleek!
  17. ImperialRecruiter Jedi Master

star 4
    Ents officially have a vote now.

I try to take my time about things to think them through properly. I don't blow my stack easy, but if provoked properly I can get very hasty. Phoom! Phoom! Phoom!

Treebeard looks almost exactly as I pictured he would in my head from reading the books. I can't wait to see how things will play out in TROTK. I already know the book ending, but it'll be interesting to see it on film.
  18. Qui-Gon_Ludo Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah, plus people tend to fall asleep when John talks!! lol ;)
  19. Jedi_Junkie Jedi Master

star 3
    I voted Hobbit, but I was torn between it and dwarves. I'm very much into shiny things, and metals, but I'm also pretty easy going, I talk alot, I like comfort, and sleeping, and I have a very large, very soft spot for food. <_< And I also like to imagine that I can rise to any occasion.
  20. ImperialRecruiter Jedi Master

star 4
    [face_shocked] Ludo! I can't believe you would say such a thing! :mad:

;) Remember what they say about paybacks... [face_devil]

8-} 8-} 8-} 8-} 8-}

Yeah, I do talk slowly. I can't help it! :_| If I talk too fast I start to stutter after a while. When I do start to stutter, I can do a great vocalization of Porky Pig. [face_laugh]
  21. Qui-Gon_Ludo Jedi Master

star 4
    ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...............
  22. ImperialRecruiter Jedi Master

star 4
    Th, th, th, th, that's enough now! 8-}
  23. Lady_Lucas Jedi Master

star 4
    John, don't let Ludo bug you, you speak very well! Now you can say something about Ludo's cute [face_love] french accent!! :)
  24. Qui-Gon_Ludo Jedi Master

star 4
    ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ *Drool Drool* ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz...
  25. ImperialRecruiter Jedi Master

star 4
    I couldn't pick on Ludo about his accent. That just wouldn't be civilized.

His looks... Now there is an entirely different matter! :D
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.