main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What Lucasfilm should do after EPIII?

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by Ceethreepio, Mar 2, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthLazious

DarthLazious Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    They need to Indy IV and then maybe a sequel to Willow as well a Shadows of the Empire CGI movie.
    After that Lucas can retire.

2. fosh-bantus88

fosh-bantus88 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 27, 2003
    they should make an episode IV

...ohh, wait... ummm nevermind.

3. dontkillyoda

dontkillyoda Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 14, 2003
    I'd personally like to see him make the largest scale movie ever on evolution, the human race, the human culture and the universe.

I constantly obsess over my own existence and what might be out there beyond its protein time, if of course there is an existence of sorts outside of this short life span. We get films like "The Passion" yet no one has the gaul to try to make the fantasia film of us. Man, and the planet, and history. Why violence is used to establish short periods of peace and obedience- Why we need higher powers and escapes from ourselves. I want to see a film like this. It should be called The Existence or something like that. It should be 12 hours long and well over a billion dollars to make. I guess I'm dreaming, but hell thats what film is about. Touching dreams.

We either create, destroy, ignore, survive, or give up.

4. DarthLazious

DarthLazious Jedi Youngling star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    I wish Willow was already out on DVD.

5. fosh-bantus88

fosh-bantus88 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 27, 2003
    although a very interesting concept,

what producer is gonna invest a billion dollars into a film that people will fall asleep in before its half over.

maybe if you edited it into three seperate movies and called it "lord of the existence" it would work :p

EDIT: post #500

6. Gobi-1

Gobi-1 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 22, 2002
    You can always watch the History Channel. Still is cool concept although it would probably be impossible to make.

EDIT: 2001: A Space Odyssey does cover some of the topics you want to explore in a film.

7. dontkillyoda

dontkillyoda Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 14, 2003
    Well seriously the meat is there. George likes to use the latest tech to tell story's. He admits that he isn't much of a story teller, but he is a historian.

I'm just saying it would be nice to see the Big Bang.
    The forming of the planets.
    The life erupting from this planet and it's many cycles of change.
    The extinction of the life.
    The return of the life and then all into us.

Seeing sculptors, musicians, writers, inventors, athletes, scholars,

Watching the power seekers destroy, the suffering of those in poverty, the formation of religions, governments, and states, and the uses and practice they adopt that divides us as Friends and Family's.

The Perversion of Acts.
    The Wars
    The Murders
    The Births.

The end of human labor into machine automation to the point where working to survive and currency no longer exists.

The distance between man and the machine separate until both are one and the same.

The Clone The Machine the Man The Government The Religion.

Yes your right a really grand History Channel episode as you say.

One that tries to cover all the known aspects of human beings but a story that follows the birth of the earth and man as well as their possible death.

The piece feels like it will conclude with the final war.

The years of battle take its toll on the Earths surface. It becomes a black orb. It's life ends but just as we reach this point a large convoy of ships for a far of place arrive outside it's atmosphere. Their lights scan it's surface and holograms of it's existence emerge.

The beings watch and dissect the cruelest aspects of it's cycle until they find the image of a child holding a flower over the silhouette of the sun, and as if to show us all what we truly are it finds the moments of magic in our lives and replays only them. All of the beauty and good floods the surface of the earth. Never a scene of discontent or destruction is shown. All the events are replays of real occurrence. Despite our many levels of wickedness. This is a gift to what We were and the Earth.

An object is fired into the Sun by one of the ships as they take off. It collapse and destroys the planets around it until it forms a black hole.

I just want to see an endless rush of what we are- why we are. Something no one can debate with such silly concepts as a god who hurts in order to teach. Space Odyssey has touched a mere fraction of this element. I think it's why we see films to begin with anyways. If the visuals and the music are grand then it will find an audience it will make history. Why does it have to be a success at the box office??

Company's aren't forever Story's are.

8. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    I'm just saying it would be nice to see the Big Bang.
    The forming of the planets.
    The life erupting from this planet and it's many cycles of change.
    The extinction of the life.
    The return of the life and then all into us.

Have you seen Fantasia? There's a sequence where we see what you've just mentioned. The Big Bang to the extiction of the dinosaurs.

9. GrandAdmiral_Frank

GrandAdmiral_Frank Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 26, 2003
    What should Lucasfilm do? Pretend to give Peter Jackson a contract then have him blown away for being a crappy director.

10. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    I'd personally like to see him make the largest scale movie ever on evolution, the human race, the human culture and the universe.

Nah, I want him to do something more ambitious.

:p

dontkillyoda, sounds like a potentially great concept for an TV anthology series.

Lucas has expressed interest in TV stuff post-SW. :)

Rent Koyaniqaatsi and Powaqqatsi. They cover some of the themes you mentioned.

11. LordJedi

LordJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 15, 2001
    Something no one can debate with such silly concepts as a god who hurts in order to teach.

You want a movie about something people think happened and then you don't want people to debate over whether it happened or not? Yeah, ok. Some people find the notion that they're evolved from apes to be just as silly as any other religion out there.

What should Lucasfilm do? Pretend to give Peter Jackson a contract then have him blown away for being a crappy director.

Yes, and the Prequels have been so wonderful with George "I don't like directing people" Lucas, haven't they?

IMO, Lucas should retire after Ep3.

12. Rabid__Wolverine2004

Rabid__Wolverine2004 Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 4, 2004
    lucas should team up with a network to air some star wars eu cartoons.

like the thrawn crisis.

13. Shelley

Shelley Jedi Youngling star 5

Sep 9, 2001
    Yes, and the Prequels have been so wonderful with George "I don't like directing people" Lucas, haven't they?

Actually, yes, they have, and I've never heard Lucas say he doesn't like directing people.

I vastly prefer his simple style to Jackson's florid, overdramatic style anyway.

14. Renderking_Fisk

Renderking_Fisk Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 18, 2002
    Lucas should have been making Jones4, 5 and 6 since 1989.

15. Quite_Operational

Quite_Operational Jedi Youngling

Apr 26, 2004
    He should do Phillip K. Dick's Ubik

Either that, or Howard The Duck - Special Edition

16. G-Unit

G-Unit Jedi Padawan star 4

May 23, 2004
    Definitely should think about making Indy 4 and then move onto something else. Really should think about taking all the ideas from the novels and making Episodes 7-9. Other movies have had their main characters change. Just look at Jack Ryan from the Tom clancy films. Lucas can find actors who look like Ford, Hamill, and Fisher to play the roles.

17. StarDude

StarDude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 28, 2001
    If Lucas did that, fans would riot.

18. Renderking_Fisk

Renderking_Fisk Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 18, 2002
    Uncle George should "Peter Jackson" The Foundation Serise written by Asimov.

19. malducin

malducin Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    Not likely after that I, Robot movie negatively taints Dr. Asimov's good name. No one will want to do stuff based on his stories for quite some time.

20. IG88_DeathStarCore

IG88_DeathStarCore Jedi Master

Feb 21, 2004
    He should do Red Tails like he planned to do.

Lucas(film) doing WW2 aerial combat would be a sight to see.

21. Anakin_Bond

Anakin_Bond Jedi Youngling

Jun 27, 2004
    I think I remember George saying that he'd like to direct a James Bond film. That would be pretty interesting.

22. malducin

malducin Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    Red Tails would have been great. The HBO movie was pretty good even though thwey used poorly colorized actual footage.

23. Gobi-1

Dec 22, 2002
    That was Steven Speilberg who said he wanted to direct a Bond movie. Lucas convinced him that Indiana Jones would be even better. He agreed and the rest is movie history.

Speilberg still would like to direct a Bond film.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.