main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

SWC What makes a die-hard Star Wars fan?!

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by darth_mccartney, Apr 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. darth_mccartney

darth_mccartney Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2008
    I've seen discussions around the forum about what makes someone a die hard Star Wars fan. Some say that loving all the movies makes you a die hard fan, others disagree and say loving all the movies, the Clone Wars and Revels and collecting anything and everything with the words 'Star Wars' on it makes you a die hard fan. And there's a million shades of die hard Star Wars fans inbetween.

Me personally I love all the movies, Clone Wars and Rebels, I do a spot of collecting but I open the stuff and I don't buy everything, just a few bits as and when I think about it (which isn't that often), and I have a pretty extensive knowledge of all things Star Wars (or extensive by casual fan standards. I'm sure there's people on there that could mop the floor with me...they could probably tell me the name of Shmi's neighbours sisters best friends pet ronto). But as I say, I'm still pretty knowledgable. However I'm very much not a fan of the EU and was delighted that it was all catagorically ruled out of the canon SW universe. And I would consider myself a die hard fan.

So what are your thoughts, what exactly makes a die-hard Star Wars fan?!

:)

Carrie Walsh likes this.
  2. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    [​IMG]

My living room.

Ananta Chetan likes this.
  3. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    A link to some collection pics is in my sig..

Also more years spent here both as a user and mod/admin than I want to count..

4. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012
    One's passion for the universe and that can take many, many forms. :)

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Liking all 6 films.

6. Among the Clouds

Among the Clouds Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2001
    Let's see...

*Posting on a discussion forum about Star Wars for over a decade.
    *Seeing each of the films multiple times in theaters.
    *Collecting related merchandise for twenty years.
    *Incorporating a lightsaber duel into your wedding.
    *Running a YouTube channel that reviews Star Wars toys.

Does any of that count?

7. Beautiful_Disaster

Beautiful_Disaster Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 12, 2005
    I agree with Master_Lok, I think it takes many forms. Over the years I've lost a lot of my SW collection for reasons that were beyond my control, but I'm still as much of a die-hard fan as I was when I was younger. There's no one way of being a fan.[face_plain]

8. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    Watching the movies, reading the books and comics, collecting the toys, playing the games, getting on a message board etc.

I have to disagree. Liking all of the movies would be preferable but as long as you like at least one you are a fan.

Chancellor Yoda likes this.
  9. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    When I say yippee ki-yay shabuir it's indicative of being a Die Hard Star Wars fan.

[​IMG]

Iron_lord likes this.
  10. AuroraRogersSkywalker

AuroraRogersSkywalker Jedi Padawan

Apr 11, 2015
    How about making a movie accurate Padmé meadow costume, hand embroidering it and dyeing the fabric yourself? Or making obsessively accurate drawings of the characters' portraits? XD

11. Dandelo

Dandelo SW and Film Music Interview Host star 10 VIP - Game Host

Aug 25, 2014
    well all I know is I ain't what you call a die hard fan

soooooooooooo.... :p

12. Sithaldo

Sithaldo Jedi Master star 1

Nov 3, 2013
    Does this make me a die hard fan?

[​IMG]

But in all serious, does it make you any more "die hard" if you have a tattoo on your arm or if you can recite, word for word the entire script of any of the films? I think it's pretty much all the same. If someone looked down on me because I wasn't able to tell them the 3rd sentence of the Empire Strikes back (no, I haven't looked it up) and that made them feel they were a bigger fan than me then that's their judgement, and I wouldn't really care.

The main thing is that we all share a passion for something that George Lucas created and brought to the World, and that for me is more important than determining who is a die hard fan and who isn't.

Carrie Walsh likes this.
  13. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    That you have the soundtracks.

Cushing's Admirer likes this.
  14. Flapjack4

Flapjack4 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2014
    Choosing going to see the new Star Wars film over rescuing your cat who is stuck up a tree.

15. B Wilson

B Wilson Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 26, 2014
    Liking all 6 films!

Carrie Walsh likes this.
  16. Carrie Walsh

Carrie Walsh Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 13, 2014
    In my opinion, you're simply a casual fan if you only like some of the films, you're a true fan if you love all six films, and you're a die-hard fan if you dedicate enough of your time to the entire expanded universe of books, comics and games. I'm somewhere in between true fan and die-hard. :)

B Wilson likes this.
  17. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    I think such labels really have little purpose. A 'real' fan is anyone that truly enjoys any aspect of SW no matter how slight. A die-hard is simply someone very dedicated to whatever they like of the universe.

18. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    Dreaming about your SW Fan Fic characters.

Cushing's Admirer likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.