main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends What Makes a Jedi (A short story featuring angst, romance, humor, and adventure.)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Qui-Gon_Reborn, Dec 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2008
    Title: What Makes a Jedi
    Author: Qui-Gon Reborn (me!)
    Timeframe: Beginning with post-Melinda/Daan Qui-Gon and ending with a legacy at the destruction of the Jedi Temple...
    Characters: Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn; Jedi Master Tahl; Jedi Padawan Obi-Wan Kenobi; Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi

Rating: PG
    Summary: Qui-Gon Jinn defies the Jedi Order, yet holds true to the principles of the light side of the Force, ushering in a legacy that isn't realized until there's nothing left but hope...

Notes: I'm thinking of submitting this to The Force.net Fan Fiction archives. What do you think? [face_thinking]

Qui-Gon Jinn lived the ways of the Force.

That didn?t merely imply that he was a Jedi, although he was supremely dedicated to the of the balance of the Force. That didn?t just suggest that he knew what it was to wield a lightsaber, although his own master had regarded him the most skilled swordmaster he had ever trained. That didn?t justly insinuate that he adhered to the Code of the Jedi with his every action, for Qui-Gon Jinn knew no code of direction but his heart.

And he listened to the Force.

The Force was flowing freely within him now. He heard it, felt it, quickening his heart, bringing renewed energy to his tired limbs, whispering softly through his soul.

Qui-Gon nervously paced the hall of the Room of a Thousand Fountains. His mind was troubled, although none of his hidden apprehension was betrayed by his tranquil features, nor by the mild, deliberately neutral aura he projected through the Force. The sounds of his boots resounding through the soft, pale blue of the floor was determined and sure, and his sharp, piercing blue eyes confidently penetrated his surroundings.

Instinctively seeking to quiet his mind, Qui-Gon closed his eyes and slowly permitted the Force to reveal to him his immediate surroundings. Through the multifaceted strands of the Force, he felt the slight, simply elegant tendrils of exotic plant life that surrounded the largest of the fountains, each of their tiniest of molecules both brilliantly effortless and strangely complex. The nourishing sweetness of the water gently begged to purify the harder stems of the Force.
    His attention piqued, Qui-Gon allowed his heightened awareness to extend to the quiet confines of the Jedi Temple. The peaceful, dispassionate well of Force energy was sporadically punctuated by excitement, or tension, of dreams unanswered, or of destinies unfolding through themselves. The lively calm of a Jedi Master in deep meditation. The uneasy energies of a padawan about to embark on a mission.

And the Jedi Temple slept.

Qui-Gon remained perfectly still, his broad chest hardly rising and falling, caught in the embrace of the Force. He began to search for familiar presences that the Force chose to reveal to him. There was the sharp, precise presence of Master Yoda, as unbending and as filled with rigid certainty in sleep as he was in verbal debate. There was the sweet presence of his young padawan, Obi-Wan Kenobi, young and kind, idealistically caring, untouched by the evils of the galaxy. Qui-Gon felt his padawan stir slightly in the Force, his consciousness brushed by his master?s touch, but his aura relaxed completely, and returned a brief, warm reassurance.

A smile slowly played across Master Qui-Gon?s lips as he permitted the Force to guide him further away from the Temple. His eyes fluttered from behind hooded lids as he sensed a small shuttle, which had just touched ground near the edge of the Temple grounds. Three presences exited the shuttle, all brimming with energy and strong in the Force. An older Jedi, probably a master, a younger padawan, his excitement barely concealed by his exhaustion, and a female presence, strong and gentle, yet oddly memorable--

Qui-Gon?s eyes snapped open. Tahl. Of course. He had been so deeply engrossed in meditation that he hadn?t sensed her immediately. But it had to be Tahl. No other presence shone so brightly in the Force. No other presence resonated so deeply in his heart.
    She?ll notice imm

2. Lolly_Tolly

Lolly_Tolly Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2008
    Um. I think it needs a little bit of work before you can send it to the archive. Unfortunately, we're not allowed to give constructive criticism.

Overall, I think it's a nice idea. Well done!

3. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Dec 11, 2008
    You're not allowed to give constructive criticism? Where does it say that?

Well, thanks, I suppose. [face_alien_1]

4. Obi-Gon_Skywalker

Obi-Gon_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 1

May 25, 2008

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Anyway, great fic. I love stories with Qui-Gon and Tahl in them. :D

5. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Dec 11, 2008
    You liked it? [face_laugh] Thanks!! :D

6. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Great story! :p I very much enjoyed it. =D=

7. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    This is cute! Sweet, funny and sad rolled into one :)

?Master Fisto has a green one, Queen Breha doesn?t have one, you have a larger one, and Yoda rarely uses his.?

I love this line :D Oh, the innuendo :D

No, we're not allowed to give unasked for constructive critisicm. If you want it, someone can give it.

8. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Dec 11, 2008
    Thank you! :D

Haha, I wanted it to be subtle, yet get the...message...across. ;)

Thanks, and I know now. It's all been settled. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.