main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

What makes Bail so trusting?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by r8hitman, Sep 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. G-FETT

G-FETT Chosen One star 7

Aug 10, 2001
    Bail Organa had been suspicious of Palpatine for a while and was planning a Rebellion against Palpatines rule. Long before Palpatine became Emperor, Bail wanted Palpatine to step down and was dubious of his motives, so as soon as he found out what Palpatine had done to the Jedi, he knew his worst fears were being confirmed - He saw the dictaor in Palpatine long before most - The Jedi included.

2. r8hitman

r8hitman Jedi Master star 4

Mar 30, 2004
    OK...I bumped this because the DVD has been released and I've seen the deleted scenes.

But I still dont quite understand Bail's motivation for siding with the jedi in this matter. If there is anything that I can get my hands on that would further explain Bails relationship with the jedi, let me know. (I dont usually follow EU, but this subject has sparked my curiosity) I quoted Carnage's post because if there isnt really a reason then I guess he sided with them "on a whim":confused:

3. JediCouncilMaster

JediCouncilMaster Jedi Youngling star 6

Jun 23, 2005
    Bail Organa is not an idiot. He knows that the Jedi did not do anything to threaten the Republic. According to Padme's "The Chnacellor's been eleborating a plot by the Jedi. To overthrow the Senate." That would be insane. Almost impossible. But beforehand, he became cautious when he saw his emergency powers increasing. That made him "Think ahead" as we can see. The Chancellor's acting suspicious so he kind of "foreshadowed" the "Rebel Alliance" creation.

4. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    In the eu, the Jedi and Alderaan go back a long ways. Ulic and Cay Qel-Droma were Jedi from Alderaan. Around the time period of TPM, Jedi Master Jorus C'Boath was sent to Alderaan to help Bail Organa with a political matter. This was what lead to Bail becoming Viceroy and eventually the Prince Consort. During the Clone Wars, Bail asked for a Jedi to help with another matter and Obi-wan was sent to there. In LOE, Bail visits with the Jedi Council and it establishes that they've worked together for quite some time. And that they both share the same type of views regarding politics and war. Obi-wan and Yoda both became trusting of him, because they could sense that he was not corrupt and that his service to the Republic was outstanding.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.