main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Tucson What Makes Repulser Lifts from Star Wars Work? (A New Tech Forum)

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Vangarian, Nov 18, 2006.

1. Vangarian

Vangarian Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2003
    Well Gang, I'm doing it again. This time its Repulser lift technology. The Star Warsians answer to wheels and track layers. Who's game?

2. Bylar

Bylar Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 4, 2006
    ive been working on a prototype of this technology, however it utilizes sympathetic vibratory physics to achieve the desired effect. the actual principle used is bi-polar repulsion. Of course its not functional as of yet. the principle states that once the device is correctly "tuned" it causes the neutral center to focus in on itself then outward rapidly, thus creating its own relative localized gravitational field that is seperate from the earth, in essence counteracting it. the science was originally discovered by John W. Keely in the mid to late 1800's. also im working on a lightsaber prototype utilizing the same science, but a different catagory, aqueious disintigration. this principle uses a vibratory state to disassoiate the atoms at the sub-molecular level, without fission or fusion, simply by breaking the vibratory bonds between the atoms, resulting in atomlic dust, which would appear to be smoke whisps to the naked eye. oops got off topic there on the lightsaber subject sorry lol

3. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    I always thought it was based on air flow.

4. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003

I've been working on a prototype of this technology, however it utilizes sympathetic vibratory physics to achieve the desired effect. the actual principle used is bi-polar repulsion. Of course its not functional as of yet. the principle states that once the device is correctly "tuned" it causes the neutral center to focus in on itself then outward rapidly, thus creating its own relative localized gravitational field that is seperate from the earth, in essence counteracting it. the science was originally discovered by John W. Keely in the mid to late 1800's. also im working on a lightsaber prototype utilizing the same science, but a different catagory, aqueious disintigration. this principle uses a vibratory state to disassoiate the atoms at the sub-molecular level, without fission or fusion, simply by breaking the vibratory bonds between the atoms, resulting in atomlic dust, which would appear to be smoke whisps to the naked eye. oops got off topic there on the lightsaber subject sorry lol[/quote]

I always thought it was based on air flow. [/quote]

Aaaahh, a man after my own heart! Welcome brother. lol
    The Keeley method is probably the most advanced and yet in many ways the most simple with the right materials. Its just that some of those materials needed include gold platinum and some silver too. That and a tuning fork and oh yes, a variable air pressure adjustable tuning chamber like Keely himself used. Let us not forget though that Mr. Keely when he used vibration to negate gravity's call fell ill from the side effects and thus shortened his life by many months at the least. Still he did do some amazing and wonderful feats with sympathetic vibration. How much have you studied up on Saint and Scientist Keeley, before we indulge in the topice of anti-gravity/Repulsor lift technology?

To you my dear Jada, air flow is one of many ways to create lift. It is just not THE only way. There was a man by the name of Carr back in the 1950s who claimed to have invented a craft that could fly without wings but somebody with power convinced him to back off from the project. Sad.

5. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    I was going to write an essay on how the repulse in repulsor lifts is what gave it lift and it required some serious ugly aka Jabba the Hutt but I thought I'd stick to a serious conversation.

:p

6. Bylar

Bylar Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 4, 2006

7. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003

8. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    Ok, now back to the forum. Repulser lift technology in the Star Wars Expanded Universe. (thus covering both film and novel portions of said universe) What do we know from the films and novels that describes the Repulsers and their Technology?

9. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    To answer my own question, the repulsor lift (according to the Star Wars Encyclopedia) uses electromagnetic technology. So we seem to be on the right track with SEG technology. But how does it work? Any suggestions on this?

10. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    Well...sigh, I guess nobody's up for science today. Maybe I should just shut this post down.[face_blush] [face_worried]

11. hal9k1

hal9k1 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 22, 2003
    Maybe it?s too complex or I?m too simple but what about magnetism? Just put heavy magnets under a platform, and reverse the polarity using electricity (thus creating a controllable electro magnetic field) so it "lifts" against the planet's magnetic field. Kinda like reversing gravity.

12. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    Actually that is a good observation hal9k1. Have you ever seen the the science toy that you can make spin at a very fast speed above the magnetized surface. It looks like a UFO/Flying Saucer and is gyroscopically stabilized so as not too flip back around and stick to the magnetic surface upside down. The same thing can be done with natural magnets with their matching poles facing inward towards one another while both are on a stick. Using electromagnetic coils on a maglev monorail system can be very similar to the concept of the two opposing magnetic fields. The only difference is that the one magnetic field is controlable through current adjustment. Another way would be to use the Colomb Effect. Electrostatic charge where like charges repel one another and opposing charges attract each other. If you get enough to work with and focus this charge you can even create a Tractor/Pressor Beam. Any other ideas?

Vangarian out.

PS Keep those ideas coming Gang.

13. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    www.markmccandlish.com has an interesting drawing of a back engineered field propulsion craft or ARV, short for Alien Reproduction Vehicle. Part of what it uses is a colomb effect electrical field at the base of the craft for lift.

14. Vangarian

Mar 9, 2003
    Sigh...