main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST What might be Rey's final fate/destiny in the ST?

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth_Articulate, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Darth_Articulate

Darth_Articulate Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    Anakin turned to the Dark Side in the PT
    Luke resisted the Dark Side and turned Anakin back in the OT
    What might be Rey's final fate/destiny in the ST?

Rhyoth likes this.
  2. AllEyezOnTheDarkSide

AllEyezOnTheDarkSide Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 25, 2015
    I have a theory:

After saving the galaxy alongside Finn and a redeemed Ben, Rey will take the falcon (with Bens blessing) and together her and Chewie will travel the galaxy (basically what she was orginally meant to do with Han in TFA). Rey is no longer the scavenger trapped on Jakku...she's free.

Everyone assumes that she'll became a Jedi for the rest of her life and help govern the new jedi order (ala luke at the end of Rotj) but I don't think that's going to be what Rey wants in life. She'll definitely fulfill her destiny in regards to defeating the darkside and all that, however I can't help but feel like Reys not going to want to stay put....she's been in a prison her whole life. It's time for her to see new world's like the lush planet of Takodana....to make up for loss time. Something tells me Rey would be very content with the life of a smuggler tbh...

I feel like Ben and Finn will help restore the Jedi Order, which would be ironic considering that at one point these two were polor opposites in everyway...but I kind of think that's the point. Ben will finish what Anakin truly started in ROTJ and FN-2187 the no name stormtrooper (who despite having the heart of the hero, didn't have a real identity nor a cause to fight for...or even the strength to make any postive change in the galaxy) will complete his evolution and become Finn the Jedi.

Also I think Poe could sacrifice himself in some heroic act to save the galaxy from the FO....that would suck....

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

3. Melon Lord

Melon Lord Jedi Padawan

Jun 27, 2015
    I hope they do something besides just another "Pass on what you have learned" deal. Which isn't to say the Jedi shouldn't be rebuilt or that Rey shouldn't be involved with them, just that it shouldn't be a total rehash of Luke's ending in RotJ. And honestly, I'm hoping Luke sticks around and can handle the Jedi stuff anyway.

I like the idea of Rey just flying off into the sunset to do her own thing. Maybe she becomes something like Maz Kanata, skilled and knowledgeable with the Force, but she doesn't devote her life to it like Luke did.

4. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    I have a feeling the plan is for Rey to be the one that starts the New Jedi Order (or newest Jedi Order because if these films go on for twenty years you know there is going to be more than just one Jedi Order).

5. panki

panki Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2016
    I think Rey and Kylo will set up a new order.....one in the light side but without denying the dark side.... I am not saying they will be a romantic couple but I think both will definitely become teachers and bring balance to the force.

6. DARTH MUPPET

DARTH MUPPET Jedi Grand Master star 3

Apr 16, 2001
    I just can't see them making Finn force sensitive at all at this point. I won't complain if they do, but as of right now, I wouldn't bet on it happening.

As for Rey, I do think she will be the one who establishes a new Jedi order... or something sorta/kinda like it. I believe Rey might be the one who actually truly fulfills the prophecy of bringing balance to the force. The Jedi mistakenly believed that bringing balance to the force meant eliminating the darkness. No, balance means balance. You can't have good without bad... no light without darkness. People's souls are not black or white, they're shades of grey. I think the greatest failing of the Jedi order was not realizing and embracing this. If whatever new group of Jedi is created are to survive, they will have to learn that all living beings have both darkness and light within them. This article breaks it down better than I ever could, so here. This article does go into some EU territory, but I think this might be sort of the direction the Lucasfilm story group are heading in regard to how to go about establishing a new group of Jedi:

http://www.tor.com/2012/09/12/the-qtrue-nature-of-the-force-is-way-more-complicated-than-you-think/

Berhan and panki like this.
  7. thescavenger

thescavenger Jedi Knight star 2

Jan 13, 2016

I'm quite liking this theory, by the way.

But I wanted to know, is space scavenger a legitimate job?

8. Ullianos

Ullianos Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 21, 2015

It's not like being in charge of a new jedi order means staying put in one place. Especially since Jedi are peacekeepers which means having to travel across the galaxy and keeping the peace. In the Eu, Luke definitely didn't stay in one place all the time. Rey just does not seem like someone who would jerk responsibility like that considering how she much she wants to do the right thing. Finn seems much more like someone who would rather live a more free lifestyle considering he wanted to rescue Rey first and foremost and just escape from the First Order.

9. darthOB1

darthOB1 Force Ghost star 5

Mar 22, 2000
    She will travel back in time using the force and have a child..........

Darth_Articulate likes this.
  10. Dameron

Dameron Jedi Master star 4

Apr 8, 2014
    "The life that burns twice as bright burns half as long. And you have burned so very, very brightly, Rey."

leiamoody likes this.
  11. CarboniteSolo

CarboniteSolo Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 11, 2013
    Well, since they are taking this extra time to do rewrites, it could be a number of things.

As a kid, Anakin wanted to be the best Jedi ever. Luke wanted something more than living on a farm in the middle of nowhere. Rey seems afraid of her destiny, she seems more content with what she already has now, friends and family. She just wanted to be loved.

Kylo and Snoke will threaten that and take those she cherishes away from her. I know this sounds much like Anakin story, minus being the best Jedi ever, but there has to be something different. Darth Vader threaten to kill Luke's sister, Leia. Who thinks we will get that same kind of snap of anger, like Luke and Anakin to kill Kylo or even Snoke? I can see Luke telling Rey, that she must face him again, but instead of where Luke brought Anakin back from the dark side, it will be Rey not wanting to do that, but to just kill Kylo Ren. I think we'll see Han telling her to kill Kylo in a flashback, but it will be Snoke messing with her mind.

I don't know what Rian has up his sleeve, but I hope it's something good.

12. Kenneth Morgan

Kenneth Morgan Chosen One star 5

May 27, 1999
    I'm not sure about specifics over her fate, but I've got a pretty good idea what the last shot of Ep. IX will be:

Rey at the old Lars homestead on Tatooine, watching the sunset.

CarboniteSolo likes this.
  13. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    Like Luke, she defeats the baddies, resolves personal conflicts, and the movie ends.
    She won't be assigned a fate. That will be left for the writers of the next trilogy, as well as New-EU stories that will eventually become Legends.

MillenniumFalcon2015 likes this.
  14. jimmycrank

jimmycrank Jedi Knight star 4

Dec 29, 2015
    I have this weird Feeling, she might end up being the one that dies! It seems to be in the "in-thing" in TV and Cinema at the moment, Kill of the Character either a) everyone loves, B) No one thinks will die, C) a combination of both.

It would be tragic.

15. Darth_Articulate

Nov 1, 2012
    ...and have her memory erased and rename herself "Shmi"

Darth Smurf and GregMcP like this.
  16. Big Boss

Big Boss Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 16, 2015
    I think quite obviously that is the set up, that she and Luke will create a new, functioning Order. now, that doesnt mean its going to happen, since movies can and do shock. im split, i think she very well could go this path, but i do think her character is left with more dramatic turns ahead. i think she could very well be conflicted, or have something happen to her where what we think we know (the good-at-everything-character), will be pushed or suffer in some way. but it does seem that her destiny lies with helping/becoming a Jedi, hence going the route of creating a new Order, because at this point (i know we dont know Snokes true power/motive), with Luke around, there doesnt seem like much more to do then stop the evil and finish what Luke started.

17. Darth_Articulate

Nov 1, 2012
    I pretty much agree. Unless this trilogy chronicles -- in some capacity -- the resurrection of the Jedi Order, or some group of Light Side Keepers, it will seem nonessential to the saga. I can see it being sort of the reverse of the prequel trilogy where, just as the Jedi got slaughtered halfway through III, the new Jedi arise halfway through IX.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dameron and Big Boss like this.
  18. Big Boss

Sep 16, 2015

i know a lot of people are already writing off the ST due to similar reasoning: fears its nonessential to the Saga and just fan service for the mighty Disney to make $. i just cant believe that though, i have hope that there is a point to this ST and TFA did a good enough job (for me) in keeping that faith. people are right when they mention that TFA brought about more questions than answers - i think thats a good thing. its the first of a trilogy, we got some good characters, some good action, some good mystery. one hinted at thing was the Order being something of a goal, a past goal, or something to work towards. so if Luke/Rey still have in mind come ep8, i think its safe to say that you would be correct in predicting the reverse-of-ROTS, with a the Jedi/light side returning.

19. callmejoe

callmejoe Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 11, 2015
    Realistically I bet she will start a new order that will be a set up for a new generation of Jedis that we will see in a Star Wars reboot/episodes 10-12 that probably will come out 5-10 years after episode 9 finishes. I think Disney is smart enough to realize we will need a break. Although Luke could be the new boss we don't know if Mark Hamill will be alive in another 10 or more so odd years so having Daisy Ridley to lead the Jedi or be the last remaining Jedi again is more realistic. They could always keep both characters alive and have Luke be the leader at the end of 8 but I'm pretty certain Rey will either return and be a mentor for the next trilogy or be the last remaining Jedi. I can't see Kylo Ren being as the next mentor character in the following trilogy even if he makes it out alive and as a good guy.

Its not the most creative idea but Disney will want some force user to stick around for the next trilogy witch I'm pretty certain we will eventually get but probably not after a break. Rey is the most likely choice unless if they introduce some new force sensitive characters or we a big character shift in someone like Finn or Kylo.

MillenniumFalcon2015 likes this.
  20. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Rey will rebuild the "watering hole" that Maz once owned and call it "Taco Dinners on Takodana!" and have 50 cent fajita specials on Wednesday night! She will also open the downstairs to special visitors who will get a chance to reach into the magic treasure box for a virtual trip into the past!!!

21. Ullianos

Ullianos Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 21, 2015
    Well that was specific.

22. Kuestmaster

Kuestmaster Jedi Master star 2

Nov 17, 2012
    She travels to Earth with the Falcon to kill all the stupid people calling her a Mary Sue.

Starmute and DARTH MUPPET like this.
  23. Big Boss

Sep 16, 2015
    She's pretty darn close to a Mary Sue and if you cant see that, theres some strong cognitive dissonance in you. this can also change, but TFA depicted her as a near perfect character. sure, theres other traits to a prototypical Mary Sue, but Rey fits the most important aspect that classifies a Mary Sue, which i mentioned.

11-4D likes this.
  24. Darth Dementor

Darth Dementor Jedi Master star 2

Dec 19, 2015
    Do they serve chalupas there too? If so I'm going there for my lunch break.

25. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    They could have a circular table where members would meet. It would be called the Ren Rey Ring.

Just kidding. I really do like that idea. The dark and the light, the yin and yang in one balanced union.

panki likes this.